Disney discs read errors on flawless discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
boolian2

Disney discs read errors on flawless discs

Post by boolian2 »

First Cinderella Blu-ray, now Star Wars Phantom Menace UHD Blu-ray. Using LG WH6NS60 drive 1.00 firmware. I have 2 drives it happens in both. Also happens in DVDFab. I literally just opened the discs.
eNoize

Re: Disney discs read errors on flawless discs

Post by eNoize »

I'm experiencing the same problem right now with Disney's 'Turning Red' UHD disc, which is brand new and literally just opened to rip.
boolian2

Post by boolian2 »

eNoize wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:13 am
I'm experiencing the same problem right now with Disney's 'Turning Red' UHD disc, which is brand new and literally just opened to rip.
I also just bought Turning Red, and am opening it to rip later. Not looking forward to it now. Will report back with my experience.
DaveQ

Post by DaveQ »

Even new out of the package, and even if you can't see anything when you examine the disc:

9 times out of 10, you need only clean the disc. You can try following the standard advice to wipe from center to edge with a soft cloth. But I've had the best success washing gently with water and dish soap, rubbing with nothing harder than the pads of my fingers. Work up a lather, rinse thoroughly, and dry with a soft cotton cloth.

It's actually been far more successful than 9 times out of 10... I've had only two discs fail to read in 11 years of ripping blu-rays using this method.
eNoize

Post by eNoize »

Even after cleaning the disc, it still won't rip.
boolian2

Post by boolian2 »

eNoize wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:44 am
Even after cleaning the disc, it still won't rip.
I just ripped Turning Red (Best Buy steelbook version, might be different disc than yours) and it worked.
Backup done no read errors
Backup done no read errors
Screenshot 2022-05-17 023217.png (47.2 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
eNoize

Post by eNoize »

Damn, really!?! This is my second disc after returning the last one to Best Buy. Will try again tonight. Thanks.