Cinivia & Ripping 4K UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
BIGTOM221

Cinivia & Ripping 4K UHD

Post by BIGTOM221 »

Hello folks

I am sorry if this topic has already been mentioned before and if so sorry but I would like to ask. I am thinking about buying this software MAKEMKV and before I do buy it to use as my main decryptor of all things blu ray I would like to know the following.

I know I can only rip to MKV which retains the full enjoyment of the film so will my blu rays 4K UHD rips play on my media player it is a stand alone media player Egreat with one hard disc media player. Thats what I have for now.

Will the cinivia water mark be present on playback of any media ripped with MAKEMKV and transferred to my media player and played back on that device, or is the Cinivia water mark totally removed in the ripping process.

I tried the evaluation of the MAKEMKV software and to my suprise it totally ripped the 4K UHD Spiderman no way home I watched some of it on the pc and it looks fantastic.

Any advice will be most welcome.
Billycar11

Re: Cinivia & Ripping 4K UHD

Post by Billycar11 »

cinivia will not be a problem if you are not using a bluray player anything like an nvidia shield apple tv android tv roku will work with out cinivia.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BIGTOM221

Post by BIGTOM221 »

I will be using my e grate media player for the playback of these titles copied to a removable hard drive that I just slot into the media player to play those films. If I need to remove cinivia suppose DVDFAB would be the go to solution as I have played films on the blu ray player and never had cinivia spoil the party.

So to use makemkv you would be subject to cinivia popping up not unless the egrate media player is non compliant but I assumed the av receiver or projector would make a cough.

Any thoughts peeps.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have an Egreat player, but in my experience Cinavia hasn't been a problem on blu-rays or UHDs ripped to a .mkv file. I think it is dependent on the software stack and the hardware in your player.

There is a long lived thread on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1846

The one Egreat player I looked at, the A9 V3.0 includes BDMV and MKV in the list of file formats supported. Presumably, if you didn't want to rip to a .mkv file, you could make a decrypted backup of your disc with MakeMKV and put the resulting file structure on the player's HD.