SPIDER-MAN_NO_WAY_HOME

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ictbydesign

SPIDER-MAN_NO_WAY_HOME

Post by ictbydesign »

Sent the log file, this is the Zavvi Steelbook version UK.
SamuriHL

Re: SPIDER-MAN_NO_WAY_HOME

Post by SamuriHL »

Sooooooo jealous. LOL I can't wait to get my best buy steelbook. I loved this movie. April 12 can't come fast enough.
ictbydesign

Post by ictbydesign »

Disc all ripped now, thanks Mike.
liamtoh1

Post by liamtoh1 »

ictbydesign wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:16 am
Disc all ripped now, thanks Mike.
Did you check your ripped main movie?
I have US version (regular 4K i.e. non Steelbook version), purchased from Amazon. The 4K version cuts off the initial 2 - 3 minutes of the movie. No issue in the ripping of the regular BR disc. I do not know how / what to fix. The movie obviously works correctly in my Sony 4K player
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-19 153701.jpg
Screenshot 2022-04-19 153701.jpg (58.86 KiB) Viewed 7778 times
ictbydesign

Post by ictbydesign »

Sorry for the late reply.
I rip to BDMV full backup.
This looks Ok.
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

We should give whoever set up the no way home titles a high five for the awesome naming structure. Made it easy to know what was on the disks
RuskerHalen

Post by RuskerHalen »

I am experiencing the same issues as liamtoh1 described above.

US version UHD non-steelbook from Amazon, works fine in a sony UHD disc player.

When ripped it skips the first 2-3 minutes (but strangely if you try to rewind it still has those minutes of video there, but won't play them even if you resume in that section of the movie).
liamtoh1

Post by liamtoh1 »

RuskerHalen wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:46 pm
I am experiencing the same issues as liamtoh1 described above.

US version UHD non-steelbook from Amazon, works fine in a sony UHD disc player.

When ripped it skips the first 2-3 minutes (but strangely if you try to rewind it still has those minutes of video there, but won't play them even if you resume in that section of the movie).
I found the problem, though do not know why this occurs.
In my case, Plex Player, displays the video correctly, when I choose 5.1 audio but cuts off the initial couple of minutes when I choose 7.1/Atmos audio track.

RuskerHalen - Try to play the 5.1 audio and see the behavior of your video.
CrowMagnum

Post by CrowMagnum »

I also have the same problem - I own the Amazon version - Non Steel Book Version of this Movie. When I play this on my Nvidia Shield it skips a couple of minutes on my Atmos System. If I play it on any other device, Roku, on my phone, and Apple 4k (Which Incidentally won't play in Atmos but in some stripped down surround mode.) it will play the film from the beginning. I haven't tried anything other than the 7.1/Atmos audio track. I have re-ripped the movie multiple time. If I can't watch the movie in Dolby Atmos, what's the point?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

CrowMagnum wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:45 am
I also have the same problem - I own the Amazon version - Non Steel Book Version of this Movie. When I play this on my Nvidia Shield it skips a couple of minutes on my Atmos System. If I play it on any other device, Roku, on my phone, and Apple 4k (Which Incidentally won't play in Atmos but in some stripped down surround mode.) it will play the film from the beginning. I haven't tried anything other than the 7.1/Atmos audio track. I have re-ripped the movie multiple time. If I can't watch the movie in Dolby Atmos, what's the point?
I got Atmos on my PC from the beginning with no skip but i also played it from a full backup not a mkv
Last edited by Billycar11 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
liamtoh1

Post by liamtoh1 »

I suspect that the 1st couple of minutes of the movie was not encoded correctly. No way for me to prove it. Only my Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) is capable of Full HD audio passthrough to my AVR which can decode the audio. And here, I get the skipped video when I choose HD audio track.

For all my other sources, I believe it only uses 5.1 audio stream and plays the 4K video correctly from the beginning.
* Desktop PC is non-4K -- VLC --- can play the video correctly (obviously it somehow picks non-HD audio)
* Another 4K TV but audio is via a 2.0 audio bar. I have to select 5.1 audio, otherwise the video will transcode and movie cannot be played.
CrowMagnum

Post by CrowMagnum »

I put the Movie in my 4k Blu Ray player and played the film from the beginning and it works just fine with Dolby Atmos track. That tells me that there's nothing wrong with Disc. For whatever reason when the movie is ripped the first 1:13-1:15 seconds it skips, unless as you others have mentioned you are not playing the Atmos Track then it starts like it should. I took it a bit further and played it from the beginning playing the 5.1 track and about 30 seconds into the beginning I switched it back to the Atmos track. When I did that it jumped ahead to the 1:13 or so second mark. MKV must not be ripping this version of the film correctly. I don't have any other device other than my Plex setup and Denon Receiver that can play Atmos. All my other Atmos movies play just fine. It has to be the ripped file isn't quite right.
CrowMagnum

Post by CrowMagnum »

Update: It appears the problem wasn't the Disc, it wasn't the rip of the file. It was Plex on my Nvidia Shield Pro. Plex released an update for the Nvidia Shield a couple of days ago, and Movie plays fine, just like it should.
liamtoh1

Post by liamtoh1 »

CrowMagnum wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:01 pm
Update: It appears the problem wasn't the Disc, it wasn't the rip of the file. It was Plex on my Nvidia Shield Pro. Plex released an update for the Nvidia Shield a couple of days ago, and Movie plays fine, just like it should.
I re-checked, the movie is now working correctly. I guess the Plex Player app on my Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) updated.
User26

Post by User26 »

When I push my copy of Spider-Man No Way Home in my Asus BC-12D2HT it will get very loud load up the files and then crash and go back to the start. But my player will work on any other UHD movie. Can someone help me with this. It is in version 3.00 so it can use the UHD.