Remux Dolby Vision dual track to single track ?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Nico83500

Remux Dolby Vision dual track to single track ?

Post by Nico83500 »

Hi,
I would like to know if a standalone tool exists to merge BL + (M/F)EL + RPU to a single track ? I know MakeMKV can do that but I would like a standalone tool to do that from 2 raw tracks to a raw track.
Thanks !
mreastman

Re: Remux Dolby Vision dual track to single track ?

Post by mreastman »

Yes, I believe the Dolby mp4 muxer tool is what you're looking for.

There is a thread that covers it pretty extensively, but in case you don't want to dig through 300+ posts, this page has a decent tutorial: https://hardforum.com/threads/authoring ... 1.2012996/

The only thing I'm not super sure about is going from raw tracks to another raw track. It exports an MP4, but it stands to reason you could extract the resulting HEVC stream and remux it into an MKV if you need. You also may be able to export an HEVC stream directly, but I'm fairly new to the whole process.
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Hi,
Thanks for your answer ! But I would like to find a standalone tool in order to use it in a process. If I need to mux to MP4 then demux MP4 to raw streams, I think I will go to MakeMKV (while it's free).
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

This is exactly what yusecope's tool did before it was implemented in makemkv. I thought quietvoid's new dovi_tools might have incorporated it, but looks like it only includes the demux option and not the other way around. Yusecope's tool hasn't been updated in a while, but you can find the last version here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&p=96282#p96282
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Thanks, I'll try it. Which .bat should I use to mux to a single BL + EL (FEL or MEL) + RPU track ? Thanks.
Edit : After use the help batch, it's easy to understand so MUX.bat is the one to use to just convert it.
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

So I just tried MakeMKV and yusesope's tool to create a single track dual layers from the same Blu ray.
Then I extracted the video track from MakeMKV's file and compared it to yusesope's tool HEVC file and there is a size difference between both (about 1M).
Do you know why ? How to know if there is a track more "reliable" than the other ?
Thanks !
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

May be related to viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26034
Nico83500

Post by Nico83500 »

Thanks quietvoid ! So the yusesope's track is more "reliable" than MakeMKV until Mike fix it ?
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

I don't know, maybe.