Game of Thrones - video can't be decrypted, failed to open disc

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
djones6770

Game of Thrones - video can't be decrypted, failed to open disc

Post by djones6770 »

Hello all - first post here, so please bear with me. I've used makemkv on hundreds of blurays and UHD discs over the years. Never encountered this error until now. Just purchased the box set of Game of Thrones from Best Buy. I've had luck with every disc, with the exception of Season 3, disc 4 and then each of the 4 discs on Season 4. Every other disc from every other season works just fine. I'm attaching the log file for my session when re-trying these discs. The cliff notes version is that I'm getting messages such as ...

003306:0000 Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
003332:0000 Saved AACS dump file as file://C:\Users\Jones/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v66_Game_Of_Thrones_Season_4_Disc_1_A1CD.tgz
003303:0000 The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
001003:0020 DEBUG: Code 0 at S#u\au|JPy)q5}Kp:29396092
001003:0020 DEBUG: Code 0 at S#u\au|JPy)q5}Kp:29395172
005010:0000 Failed to open disc

I've submitted the .tgz files for each of the 5 discs that I can't open. It's been more than a week, and have retried them a couple time. But correct me if I'm wrong - the GOT box set has been in existence for a long time (more than a year likely). It's not as if this is a new set of discs that hasn't been cracked yet. I saw a couple other threads with GOT UHD discs, where people were having issues when it first came out. So, it's not as if my .tgz files are needed to come up with a new key for these, correct? Any idea what the issue could be? Perhaps my log file can shed some light. The discs look to be pristine, and I've even tried to clean them and retry. I do have make mkv connected to the internet and have verified the site it's looking for is accessible. Again, I've used makemkv MANY times over the years without this issue, and even very recently on other UHD discs.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(169.41 KiB) Downloaded 97 times