The Martian

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
avernar

The Martian

Post by avernar »

When I rip the extended version from the UHD I get very bad audio sync issues at various points in the movie during playback. The theatrical version plays back perfectly. Has anyone else encountered this and how do I fix it?
rockhound76s

Re: The Martian

Post by rockhound76s »

Bumping this, as I'm experiencing the same problem with the extended version of the movie. Theatrical cut rips/plays fine, but the extended cut initially plays fine, but after while (maybe 30 min or so into the movie) stutters and audio goes out of sync with video. First time this has happened to me in a UHD rip after having done ~200 or so. And this is the second Martian Extended Edition second disc I have tried (I returned the first one I purchased because it wouldn't rip at all).

Does anybody know of a workaround to try? Or is this also a sign of a bad batch of discs?
jayper

Re: The Martian

Post by jayper »

I'm not positive, but you're likely running into similar issues outlined in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17597

You should give that a read. It most likely is an issue with the software you are using to play back the title.