Just submitted dumps for the US release of:
- Frankenstein
- The Wolf Man
- The Invisible Man
- Dracula
garnuts

Re: Universal Classic Monsters - Icons of Horror Collection

Post by garnuts »

I just tried to rip these and all 4 the disc 'failed to open'.

I can submit dumps if needed.
jayper

Post by jayper »

You should submit dumps, as my copies are all working as of this morning.
garnuts

Post by garnuts »

Thanks!

Before I submitted dumps, I tried to rip them again and all four worked. So Mike must have fixed it in between my attempts :D
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

I was able to rip the whole set and map out the tracks (with bonus features and chapter names) here: https://thediscdb.com/boxset/2021-unive ... lection-4k Great set!
garnuts

Post by garnuts »

lfoust wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:32 am
I was able to rip the whole set and map out the tracks (with bonus features and chapter names) here: https://thediscdb.com/boxset/2021-unive ... lection-4k Great set!
Wow, @lfoust thanks for the link to TheDiscDb website.

This will be of great help to me in naming extras. I also just discovered that Bluray.com reviews often have a list of extras at the bottom of the review page.

Are you the creator of this site? Many thanks!
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

garnuts wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:15 pm
Are you the creator of this site? Many thanks!
Yes, I am the creator of this site. So far I have just been adding my own collection on there but I am working towards accepting user submissions to have a more robust list of titles available.
Ellusian

Post by Ellusian »

I'm having issues with Dracula and Frankenstein in the 4K 'Classic Monsters' set...but have successfully ingested The Invisible Man and The Wolf Man. Its sporadic whether the disc can get mounted and when it does, it get's far along on each and then fails...any ideas? Are these 100GB discs AND using some convoluted shuffling of content across the disc, they seem to give my LG drive quite the 'workout.'
garnuts

Post by garnuts »

Ellusian wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:18 am
I'm having issues with Dracula and Frankenstein in the 4K 'Classic Monsters' set...but have successfully ingested The Invisible Man and The Wolf Man. Its sporadic whether the disc can get mounted and when it does, it get's far along on each and then fails...any ideas? Are these 100GB discs AND using some convoluted shuffling of content across the disc, they seem to give my LG drive quite the 'workout.'
Clean the disc thoroughly. Even if the disc looks perfect.

The method I've found the most success with is at the kitchen sink, put a liberal amount of liquid dish soap on the shinny side. Then hold the disc so both of my thumbs are on the soap side, run a little water on it and really use my thumbs to clean it, then thoroughly rinse it off.

I set it on a paper towel, then flip it over. This gets most of the water off, then let it air dry and then clean again with a microfiber cloth before trying to rip again (the type of micro fiber used to clean eyeglasses).

I've had some discs that I cleaned 2-3 times before I had success. Out of the 2,500 discs I've ripped, I have less than 10 that I couldn't get to work.
markishome359

Post by markishome359 »

lfoust wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:45 pm
Yes, I am the creator of this site. So far I have just been adding my own collection on there but I am working towards accepting user submissions to have a more robust list of titles available.
Yeah, please let us know if you get user submissions set up! I'd love to be able to help where I can