F9: The Fast Saga (2021)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jayper

F9: The Fast Saga (2021)

Post by jayper »

Just submitted a dump for a US copy of F9: The Fast Saga (2021).
SamuriHL

Re: F9: The Fast Saga (2021)

Post by SamuriHL »

Mine hasn't shipped yet. sigh :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Ripped my Aussie version a week or so ago. It is the first UHD containing DV (and HDR10+) that I have seen that is not one large m2ts file. I guess that is because it has both the theatrical and director's cuts.

It's split up to about 30 pieces. Since I re-encode to make my UHD MKV's a bit smaller, I had to extract and re-encode each of them individually, then re-create the m2ts files using tsmuxer, then finally use MakeMKV to create the MKV file. It took a couple of hours but the resulting MKV appears to be in sync all the way through.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jayper

Post by jayper »

Working now, thank you so much!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Mine, too. Which is good cause the MKV I made from a folder rip from another product was completely useless. I'm hoping re-ripping it with MakeMKV end to end will work better. Audio issues beyond belief before...
jayper

Post by jayper »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:50 pm
Mine, too. Which is good cause the MKV I made from a folder rip from another product was completely useless. I'm hoping re-ripping it with MakeMKV end to end will work better. Audio issues beyond belief before...
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed. Haven't had a chance to view my copy yet. Working through a series re-watch. Got F8 this evening! Good luck.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I ended up throwing the disc in cause I was getting so annoyed. I could live with the occasional drop or whatever but it'd totally take the video and audio out of sync by a LOT. So yea, hopefully that'll be fixed with the new MKV I just made. I'll watch it again this weekend as a work crisis happened while I was watching so I didn't get to fully pay attention anyway.
jayper

Post by jayper »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 am
I ended up throwing the disc in cause I was getting so annoyed. I could live with the occasional drop or whatever but it'd totally take the video and audio out of sync by a LOT. So yea, hopefully that'll be fixed with the new MKV I just made. I'll watch it again this weekend as a work crisis happened while I was watching so I didn't get to fully pay attention anyway.
Your comment earlier got me curious and I just thumbed through my copy made with MakeMKV and I am not seeing any sync issues. Granted, I only watched for a few minutes at a time and skipped around using chapter markers. Your last comment makes it sound like it's pretty obvious, so I am optimistic. Good luck with the work stuff.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It happened after playing for 20 or more minutes. Then I'd restart it at the location I was at and it'd be fine for another few minutes. No quick way to spot check it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

jayper

Post by jayper »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:12 am
It happened after playing for 20 or more minutes. Then I'd restart it at the location I was at and it'd be fine for another few minutes. No quick way to spot check it.

Got it, thanks for the added info. I'll keep my eyes peeled during my viewing.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The new file I made has a different hash so I suspect the two products didn't play well together. Using only makemkv will likely give better results.

spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:The new file I made has a different hash so I suspect the two products didn't play well together. Using only makemkv will likely give better results.

I made mine with makemkv, it froze on playback in kodi (coreelec on minix 922xj, but played flawlessly in infuse7 on appletv 4k also played fine on mac using mac blurayplayer pro
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Damn TrueHD/ATMOS. I was playing it in Plex on my SHIELD as I always do. It didn't freeze but it certainly caused me the issues I mentioned where the audio dropped and then went WILDLY out of sync until I stopped and restarted. I won't get to check the new file til this weekend.
jayper

Post by jayper »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:32 pm
Damn TrueHD/ATMOS. I was playing it in Plex on my SHIELD as I always do. It didn't freeze but it certainly caused me the issues I mentioned where the audio dropped and then went WILDLY out of sync until I stopped and restarted. I won't get to check the new file til this weekend.
I experienced the same issue last night while playing back via Plex. Got a dropout and then a major audio sync issues. It is 100% reproducible in the same spot (timestamp for the Extended Cut is 0:12:20 - Dom driving down airport runway), so it's almost certainly a branch point, and a similar issue (or the same) that we were all seeing back with Pixar/Disney discs. I personally haven't encountered it in a while, and I know there were changes made in MakeMKV to address it.

I also have Kodi and tested there with the same branching point and everything was fine. I continued to watch without issue for another hour and change. Zero issues.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Lovely. I plan on re-watching it this weekend so I guess I'll have to get DoVi working in Kodi again. Not sure why it stopped working. Fantastic. sigh