Black Widow

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
spl147

Re: Black Widow

Post by spl147 »

charlie62 wrote:Still nothing and there seems to be a few others in the same boat. If we just had some idea what was happening,maybe on holiday who knows
Damn you are impatient!
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Yup!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

charlie62 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:53 pm
If we just had some idea what was happening
Pretty sure I know what's happening. Mike hasn't processed the key for this disc yet and therefore it still doesn't decrypt. :)
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

The e-mail I sent about Black Widow has been bounced back as It said basically there was nowhere to deliver it. Anyone any thoughts on this.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Try sending the .tgz file again to svq@makemkv.com.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

That one doesn't work either so I think the the program is for the time being goosed. So no new titles will be decrypted for the time being until we know one way or another if the program is going to continue.
This has happened before so hopefully things will sort themselves out fingers crossed
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Could Mike's server be down,time will tell
dante01

Post by dante01 »

I posted my TGZ dump to svq@makemkv.com on Tuesday 18 September and it was felivered without being bounced back.

Black Widow doesn't appear to be the only disc which is not being dealt with in the ordinarilly speedy manner such problematic titles ordinarily are. There are a growing number of other titles now awaiting attention and the list is growing.

It would be nice to get some kind of feed back indicating that Mike is okay and or that things will be getting back to normal sooner or later?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Given that others have submitted titles without issue I would say no. Something on your side or your ISP could be blocking it.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

I'm sorry but I agree with dante01 somethings wrong. This has happened before,it didn't last there were a few wild theory's as to why.
It's not really any of our business what's up just concerned one of our favourite programs maybe in trouble and Mike of course.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

charlie62 wrote:I'm sorry but I agree with dante01 somethings wrong. This has happened before,it didn't last there were a few wild theory's as to why.
It's not really any of our business what's up just concerned one of our favourite programs maybe in trouble and Mike of course.
Holy Shit man, mike has a life…. Get a grip and just wait, or use another program… it might take a month till it decrypts, whats the big deal? It’s the name of the game….
ictbydesign

Post by ictbydesign »

My copy of Black Widow ripped on saturday (UK)
dante01

Post by dante01 »

ictbydesign wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:11 pm
My copy of Black Widow ripped on saturday (UK)

Still no go here:

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at HE<hEO<!JUR7.k';:29396092
DEBUG: Code 0 at HE<hEO<!JUR7.k';:29395172
Failed to open disc

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/rdisk4
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: MZFK34F4710
Firmware date: 2118-10-24 19:34
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: MARVEL_STUDIOS_BLACK_WIDOW
Timestamp: 2021-07-08 17:03:36
Data capacity: 57.30 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption flags: 80

Protection:AACS2.0/C v70
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

There's nothing "wrong". Good god. Mike goes through periods where he gets busy and doesn't have time to process things. In those cases it can take WEEKS before things are processed. It happens quite regularly. Usually he's very good about it but just because it's taking more than 10 minutes doesn't mean "something's wrong". It just means it's not done yet.
dante01

Post by dante01 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm
There's nothing "wrong". Good god. Mike goes through periods where he gets busy and doesn't have time to process things. In those cases it can take WEEKS before things are processed. It happens quite regularly. Usually he's very good about it but just because it's taking more than 10 minutes doesn't mean "something's wrong". It just means it's not done yet.

Thanks, but I believe that someone reported that they'd emailed the associated TGZ file over a week ago, not 10 minutes ago. This was somone other than the OP and they stated that they'd sent the TGZ before this thread was even started.

Again, thank you for confirming that it isn't abnormal to have to wait so long in some instances. This is the first time I've ever had to report such an issue and basically why I signed up and became a member here so I'd not be as informed as you appear to be on such matters. I do know that on average it appears to take about 3 to 4 days to address similar issues and I arrived at this conclusion by reading some of the other older threads. The weeks you suggest isn't the norm.

Thanks and I'm not desperate to rip the disc and can wait :)