Star Trek 4Ks (1-4)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Commander Shepard

Star Trek 4Ks (1-4)

Post by Commander Shepard »

Got mine in before release date, yay. MakeMKV can't open them, boo. Dumps sent!
Trickyd-1

Re: Star Trek 4Ks (1-4)

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Nice work.
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Working here today.
inverteduhd

Post by inverteduhd »

Hi I'm also getting an error "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"

Drive Information
OS device name: I:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.02
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2117-11-24 14:13
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 76

Who would it be best to send the dump file to'?

thanks
mizu_ger

Post by mizu_ger »

inverteduhd wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:05 pm
Hi I'm also getting an error "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"

Drive Information
Serial number:

thanks
I sent the dumpfiles for the EU disks to svq@makemkv.com a couple of days ago. They're not decrypting yet.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

mizu_ger wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:30 pm
inverteduhd wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:05 pm

Drive Information
Serial number:

thanks
I sent the dumpfiles for the EU disks to svq@makemkv.com a couple of days ago. They're not decrypting yet.
Ditto :D
mizu_ger

Post by mizu_ger »

EU disks are working now :D
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

Has anyone gotten the USA discs yet? Do they work?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Mine from best buy did.
Pauln6

Post by Pauln6 »

Mine have arrived. Had a browse through TMP and it looks amazing. Never mind encryption, I have hit the snag that my laptop doesn't recognise my Blu-ray player... sigh.

My ambition it to wait for the DE to come out next year and do a hybrid cut with the missing scenes from the theatrical cut, and most of the outtakes from the SLV (currently only available in SD).

I will have to convert to MP4 to edit in Adobe Premier Pro but some of the SLV scenes are such poor quality that's probably for the best. It would be nice to get working on the scenes I will need to add now. I hope I can work out what the issue is. Maybe I need to buy a proper flash drive device. I'm reluctant to fork out for another drive if that's not the issue though. Frustrating!
crhendo

Post by crhendo »

I'm having trouble with getting forced subtitles to work on TMP. MakeMKV keeps suggesting that all the forced subtitle tracks are entry. Anyone else having the same problem?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Forced subtitles are ones flagged as such within a larger subtitle track. This is VERY RARE. The more usual way of doing it is to provide a separate track that contains ONLY the "forced" subtitles. I've personally only seen two titles that use the flags, but I've been told about others.

Unless the flags are used, the MakeMKV-generated "forced only" tracks WILL be empty.

I rip ALL subtitle tracks, then work out which ones are "forced only" and "full" later, using VLC. I can then remove or re-arrange tracks after-the-fact to make the "forced only" track the priority.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
morbius

Post by morbius »

crhendo wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:42 am
I'm having trouble with getting forced subtitles to work on TMP. MakeMKV keeps suggesting that all the forced subtitle tracks are entry. Anyone else having the same problem?
TMP and Search for Spock both have "forced" subtitles in a separate track. I figured which ones by loading the discs into my Panny player and looked to see which subtitle track it had defaulted to. So I included the relevant track in my rip, then afterwards used the header editor in MKVToolNix to mark it as Forced. I don't need to do that with Kodi if the forced track is marked as default, but some other players require the Forced tag to be set.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

I'm in the US, and I just got the Star Trek 4K movies 1-4 set this past Friday. I have a LG WH16NS40 with LibreDrive firmware 1.0.5, and I'm using MakeMKV 1.16.4. I'm able to rip other 4K movies with it.

So far I've only tried to rip The Search For Spock, and at about 11GB into the movie, MakeMKV reports a rip failure. SamuriHL says his discs from Best Buy worked, so I'm wondering if something might be wrong with my setup?

I initially had firmware 1.0.2 on my LG optical drive, and I found the 1.0.5 firmware and upgraded to that hoping it would be able to rip this movie, but it still failed.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you got 11GB into the rip, the problem isn't with the decryption keys. Read errors are most likely the cause.

When the drive says it cannot read the disk, cleaning is the first step.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging