Assassin's Creed (2016) "corrupt or invalid at offset..."

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DWreck1995

Assassin's Creed (2016) "corrupt or invalid at offset..."

Post by DWreck1995 »

I'm getting an error when trying to get the main feature though MakeMKV. But I've played the main feature with PowerDVD and VLC all the way though without any issues. So I'm not sure if this is a disc issue or not. Any ideas?

I attached a screenshot of it if anyone wants to see what it looks like.
Attachments
Error Example.png
Error Example.png (135.32 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
Woodstock

Re: Assassin's Creed (2016) "corrupt or invalid at offset..."

Post by Woodstock »

There is a portion of the disk that your drive cannot read. Cleaning will probably help.

"Without error" in a player doesn't mean much, other than the error was small enough that the player skipped over it without a significant video glitch. Players do not try for "bit-wise exact" reads, just "adequate for playback".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm
There is a portion of the disk that your drive cannot read. Cleaning will probably help.

"Without error" in a player doesn't mean much, other than the error was small enough that the player skipped over it without a significant video glitch. Players do not try for "bit-wise exact" reads, just "adequate for playback".
Actually, this was from an ISO of the disc. Since I store backup images of all my discs anyway, it's faster just to and use them instead of the disc directly. I can try doing it straight from disc or making another ISO though.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If there was a read error when creating the ISO, it would still be "bad" in the copy. You just get to it faster. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:16 am
If there was a read error when creating the ISO, it would still be "bad" in the copy. You just get to it faster. :)
Yeah. That's the weird thing. I got no errors when creating the ISO. Kind of makes me question if my ISO collection is even good since you can have "perfect" ISO's but that are still "bad" when it comes down to it.

After testing, I guess it must be my disc. Because I still get the same error. I created another ISO and it did the same thing to.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

DWreck1995 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:01 am

Yeah. That's the weird thing. I got no errors when creating the ISO. Kind of makes me question if my ISO collection is even good since you can have "perfect" ISO's but that are still "bad" when it comes down to it.

After testing, I guess it must be my disc. Because I still get the same error. I created another ISO and it did the same thing to.
why dont you rip it with makemkv?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Perhaps try gently cleaning the disc?
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:14 am
DWreck1995 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:01 am

why dont you rip it with makemkv?
Because I prefer ISO format.

I tried ripping with MakeMKV just now and it did create the BDMV folders without any error, just like the ISO. However, after reconstructing to ISO and trying to create an MKV again, I'm getting the same error.
dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:39 am
Perhaps try gently cleaning the disc?
I did. I have disc cleaner and a micro fiber cloth. But I still have the same issue. The ISO comes out perfect every time, but creating the MKV in MakeMKV still fails.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

so the problem is the program your making the iso with.
make the mkv from the folders open the index file and then you can do it with converting it to iso.
then after you make an mkv then you can convert the folders to an iso for whatever reason you want to do that
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:01 am
so the problem is the program your making the iso with.
make the mkv from the folders open the index file and then you can do it with converting it to iso.
then after you make an mkv then you can convert the folders to an iso for whatever reason you want to do that
That was an interesting theory. So I tried making the MKV by using the index file as you suggested. However, it still fails in the same spot. I'm surprised that the disc ripping applications, including MakeMKV don't see the error on the disc. I'll have to be more careful with my backups going forward.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

this dosent make sense then if makemkv rips it to a folder it checks it is correct.
you choose decrypt for the full backup right?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

if makemkv can read the disc without error, but can't read a decrypted iso you create (with a tool like anydvd or dvdfab presumably) then it would indicate a bug in said programs.
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:59 am
this dosent make sense then if makemkv rips it to a folder it checks it is correct.
I did both, just to see. I have AnyDVD so I have the ability to decrypt without MakeMKV. But I've tried it both ways and it still fails in the same spot.
thetoad wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 am
if makemkv can read the disc without error, but can't read a decrypted iso you create (with a tool like anydvd or dvdfab presumably) then it would indicate a bug in said programs.
MakeMKV can read the disc and backup to BDMV without error. What it cant to is create an MKV of the main feature. It always fails in the same spot.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

DWreck1995 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 am
Billycar11 wrote:
I did both, just to see. I have AnyDVD so I have the ability to decrypt without MakeMKV. But I've tried it both ways and it still fails in the same spot.
thetoad wrote:
MakeMKV can read the disc and backup to BDMV without error. What it cant to is create an MKV of the main feature. It always fails in the same spot.
but can you create a mkv from the bdmv you should be able to if it ripped error free in makemkv to bdmv is what we are saying
DWreck1995

Post by DWreck1995 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:10 am
DWreck1995 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 am
Billycar11 wrote:
thetoad wrote:
but can you create a mkv from the bdmv you should be able to if it ripped error free in makemkv to bdmv is what we are saying
Nope, it fails in the same spot. That's what's so weird to me. Typically, I use ImgBurn with AnyDVD to create an ISO of my discs, then make the the MKV with MakeMKV by loading the ISO. This has worked for hundreds of discs just fine. I've never personally seen ImgBurn miss a read error, or MakeMKV for that matter. But in this case it seems neither of them can see the error when backing up the disc.