First timer having difficulty ripping 4k disc

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Karizmology

First timer having difficulty ripping 4k disc

Post by Karizmology »

First off, hello everyone!

I just set everything up today. I followed some online tutorials so I'll let you know what I have done thus far. I'm using a BU40N USB 3.0 drive. I flashed it using the application to DE_LG BU40N_1.00 bin and restarted my pc. I also registered my account in makemkv using a beta link good for this month.

I'm trying to rip a disk, but it's been going on for hours at this point. I checked the drive in makemkv and it displays it at the proper firmware 1.00. I have no idea what I can do at this point.

My computer has an i7 and a 1070 graphics card, so I really don't think it's my computer.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (333.62 KiB) Viewed 4597 times
Last edited by Karizmology on Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayper

Re: First timer having difficulty ripping 4k disc

Post by jayper »

UHDs can often be incredibly difficult to rip.

Take a look at this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055
charnathan

Post by charnathan »

It's a 20th Century Fox property.

I've noticed that MakeMKV has issues trying to decrypt anything produced by them to the point that you'll get a "red screen of death" if you're doing a full back-up.

viewtopic.php?p=99648#p99648

You should be able to produce a remux mkv file I believe.

See if you're able to produce a back-up/remux with another property (i.e. WB, Universal, Disney, etc).
fenton

Post by fenton »

Karizmology wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:27 am
First off, hello everyone!

I just set everything up today. I followed some online tutorials so I'll let you know what I have done thus far. I'm using a BU40N USB 3.0 drive. I flashed it using the application to DE_LG BU40N_1.00 bin and restarted my pc. I also registered my account in makemkv using a beta link good for this month.

I'm trying to rip a disk, but it's been going on for hours at this point. I checked the drive in makemkv and it displays it at the proper firmware 1.00. I have no idea what I can do at this point.

My computer has an i7 and a 1070 graphics card, so I really don't think it's my computer.
I have the same drive and added makemkv firmware v 1.03 and never had an issue ripping any Blu-ray not even Disney’s

So far I’ve read little mermaid, hocus pocus, Jason bourne films, never ending story and never had any fails
The one time I did have an issue was with Donnie darko and that’s a movie known to have issues, for Donnie darko I used dvdfab to rip the ISO then I read the iso with handbrake
fenton

Post by fenton »

charnathan wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:38 pm
It's a 20th Century Fox property.

I've noticed that MakeMKV has issues trying to decrypt anything produced by them to the point that you'll get a "red screen of death" if you're doing a full back-up.

viewtopic.php?p=99648#p99648

You should be able to produce a remux mkv file I believe.

See if you're able to produce a back-up/remux with another property (i.e. WB, Universal, Disney, etc).
Use dvdfab to rip iso and read it with either make mkv or handbrake and dvdfab stips protection
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

Keep trying. I had the same issue with American Psycho. Inserted it and attempted to decrypt about 15-20 times, eventually it worked.