Dump submitted for Scott Pilgrim UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dopefish3d

Dump submitted for Scott Pilgrim UHD

Post by dopefish3d »

Dump submitted for Scott Pilgrim UHD, US release.
charnathan

Re: Dump submitted for Scott Pilgrim UHD

Post by charnathan »

same...hoping to back up this bad boy soon :mrgreen:
bx_tech

Post by bx_tech »

how does one submit? I am trying the same rip. Or would just one suffice? Would I be helping if I submit my logs?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dopefish3d

Post by dopefish3d »

I was already able to rip my copy, so if you are still unable to rip yours, you should definitely submit your dump.
Habittel

Post by Habittel »

Has anyone else had luck on this disc? I’ve made multiple attempts. The rip completes without error but the file won’t play. I’m getting ready to return my disc and try another.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Habittel wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 am
Has anyone else had luck on this disc? I’ve made multiple attempts. The rip completes without error but the file won’t play. I’m getting ready to return my disc and try another.
What is playback device and specs
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Habittel

Post by Habittel »

Playback is on a Zappiti One SE. I’ve only had one other movie out of 400 not play correctly (Hell or High Water). It will load the menu partially. Neither playing from the menu or the file directly work. I just get a black screen. The disc plays fine in my Oppo 203.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Habittel wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:28 am
Playback is on a Zappiti One SE. I’ve only had one other movie out of 400 not play correctly (Hell or High Water). It will load the menu partially. Neither playing from the menu or the file directly work. I just get a black screen. The disc plays fine in my Oppo 203.
On movies like that just skip the menu playback just make a Mkv out of it it will be fine a new disc won't fix it.
For the full backup option in makemkv are you checking the decrypt box?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Habittel

Post by Habittel »

I was trying to make a full backup. Yes, I did have the decrypt box checked. I verified it just in case that was the issue. If all else fails I’ll try just the movie.
bx_tech

Post by bx_tech »

still unable to rip dumb submitted.
Habittel

Post by Habittel »

I’ve found that ripping only the movie works, but still haven’t been able to get a full disc rip. I returned the first disc and tried another, but still no luck.
demon

Post by demon »

I was able to do a full-disc backup of "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World", but when I try to open the backup on my NAS (mounted in Linux via NFS), for some reason it doesn't show any of the actual ".mpls" playlists for the titles, just the raw ".m2ts" files. If I use the "eac3to" command-line tool, it seems to recognize the ".mpls" files and lists them out. If I do it directly from the disc itself, it works (and I was able to render an MKV file), but if I try to do it from the NAS I get an error about "Posix Error - Too many open files". "ulimit -a" says the open files limit is 1024, and creating an MKV from other dumped discs on my NAS has worked fine.

I've never seen this behavior with any other disc. I can provide "strace" and "lsof" output or whatever to help diagnose, but I'm not sure what will be most useful.
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

I was able to rip the whole disc (including the bonus features) successfully - here is how the tracks mapped out for me: https://thediscdb.com/movie/scott-pilgr ... 4k/discs/2