MKV files or Oppo udp 203 issue?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ghost rider

MKV files or Oppo udp 203 issue?

Post by ghost rider »

Earlier this year I posted about issues I was having with audio syncing or drop outs with my new UHD movies. Star wars saga and LOR's movies.
I don't use it much and today I played a movie I know was good a couple years ago and it does it too. I played the original disc and seems to play fine.

I'm going to play some BD files and see how they work.
ghost rider

Re: MKV files or Oppo udp 203 issue?

Post by ghost rider »

Plays BD files perfect.
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Titles using "seamless branching" combined with DolbyTrueHD audio will rip with glitches at the branch points. The Oppo player stumbles on those. None of the MKV ripping tools have fixed this issue for UHD discs, so for those titles (mainly Disney), you should rip to BDMV folder and play that on the Oppo - problem solved.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

rdgrimes wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:30 am
Titles using "seamless branching" combined with DolbyTrueHD audio will rip with glitches at the branch points. The Oppo player stumbles on those. None of the MKV ripping tools have fixed this issue for UHD discs, so for those titles (mainly Disney), you should rip to BDMV folder and play that on the Oppo - problem solved.
How can I do this? Rip the movie using anydvd? Is there another tool that I can rip a movie only BD file?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

ghost rider wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:21 am
rdgrimes wrote:
How can I do this? Rip the movie using anydvd? Is there another tool that I can rip a movie only BD file?
Just use makemkv and do a folder backup. Also make sure you check the decrypt folder option.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

ghost rider wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:21 am
rdgrimes wrote:
are these new rips with the latest version of makemkv? im pretty sure this was fixed a few versions ago but you will need to re rip if it was before the fix
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:26 am
are these new rips with the latest version of makemkv? im pretty sure this was fixed a few versions ago but you will need to re rip if it was before the fix
Some tools claim to have fixed it for UHD, but its only fixed for SOME players. The Oppos still see the glitches and randomly drop out.
jindala

Post by jindala »

I am able to play BMDV files using oppo JB without any issues. But it does not show the thumbnail of the movies, rather I need to go through a list. I tried using DVDFab with my LG drive to convert it to MP4 in one go instead of create a backup first and then create MP4, but DVDFab says that my disk is not compatible with it, it has to change my firmware, where as the firmware has already been changed using this forum and it’s working with MakeMKV.

Are there any good solutions to make the backup in BMDV and then add thumbnails?
OR
Create another format in one pass, I don’t want to create BMDV and then convert to MP4 etc? In this case I read that we can create 600x600 pixels files and that will be displayed as thumbnails.