Speed 4K, Ultimate Collector's Edition

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
gpejsa

Speed 4K, Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by gpejsa »

My 4K edition of Speed will not load/decrypt like my other 4K movies have (volume key is unknown). I passed along the requisite dump file created by MakeMKV on Friday, May 7. I don't recall the typical turn around time for the keys to be created/updated.

Thanks!
mustardsalad

Re: Speed 4K, Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by mustardsalad »

Funny, I just emailed the same key for this on Saturday. I think it's "a few days" according to the sticky. I personally haven't had this problem before, since I've happened to buy UHDs that have been out for a few months already. Hopefully it's soon! Also hopefully the Spaceballs UHD already has its key, since I'll be getting that disc in the mail tomorrow.

Very grateful for the team that makes ripping these possible.
gpejsa

Post by gpejsa »

Still no dice as of 5/11 in the afternoon. Anyone get a key to transfer and make a backup of speed?
willi3

Post by willi3 »

I would like to endorse the question to the team in a very friendly manner. Have the log on the 6th May and a few days later a 2nd time. Transfer the .tgz file for Cosmic Sin. Unfortunately there is currently no key.

Greetings to the make team
( Google Translator)
gpejsa

Post by gpejsa »

I am now backing up Speed 4K. Thanks for the keys!!
mustardsalad

Post by mustardsalad »

Thanks!

At first I was confused, because I read the above reply this morning, went over to my ripping computer and tried to re-rip, but got the same 'old "Failed to open disc" error. Turns out I needed to quit the MakeMKV program and re-open it, at which point it grabbed the latest keys.

Glad to have this - thanks again.
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

I got the UK one today and submitted the .tgz file
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

So did I dump submitted Thanks
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

charlie62 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 pm
Is this for the UK one, I got a message lattice from Gmail saying it couldn't deliver the message but will keep trying. Apparently the MakeMKV domain keeps timing out.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Digital moe wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:24 am
charlie62 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 pm
Is this for the UK one, I got a message lattice from Gmail saying it couldn't deliver the message but will keep trying. Apparently the MakeMKV domain keeps timing out.
Same here. Undeliverable. UK Dump (Passworded and encrypted) is attached. Will PM you the password Mike.
Attachments
MKB20_v76_Speed_9E90.rar
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Yes it was the UK version
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

For me this is starting to get worrying what with the site down,messages being bounced back there appears to be a trend beginning. I have sent the Tgz for this movie and Raya twice with no bounce back but no key either(I am set up to receive keys when available). What is more worrying is I was able to decrypt both of them on Tuesday using DVDFAB although my preference is to use Makemkv but when the devil drives I'll use whatever works. Cheers
mikehbkwm

Post by mikehbkwm »

gpejsa wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 am
I am now backing up Speed 4K. Thanks for the keys!!
I have backed up Speed (4K Blu-ray) but I get the following below. I'm not understanding how you all have decrypted the disc. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

MakeMKV v1.16.3 win(x64-release) started
Opening files on harddrive at L:/Movies/Speed/SPEED
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'OS error - Access is denied' occurred while creating 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV/MKB20_v76_Speed_1A4E.tgz'
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

mikehbkwm wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:33 pm
I have backed up Speed (4K Blu-ray) but I get the following below. I'm not understanding how you all have decrypted the disc. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Error 'OS error - Access is denied' occurred while creating 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV/MKB20_v76_Speed_1A4E.tgz'
Failed to open disc
You changed the 'MakeMKV data directory' path (Preferences > General tab) to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV'. This will bite you in 2 ways...

The 1st, you've already encountered... no WRITE permissions.

The 2nd, any saved profiles, etc. will be lost on a program update.

''%USERPROFILE%/.MakeMKV' is the preferred location.

And you need to email 'MKB20_v76_Speed_1A4E.tgz' to svq@makemkv.com so Mike can generate the key, which will automatically download when available. If it continues to fail, check out Fixing Volume Key is Unknown.
mikehbkwm

Post by mikehbkwm »

d00zah wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:58 pm
mikehbkwm wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Failed to open disc
You changed the 'MakeMKV data directory' path (Preferences > General tab) to 'C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeMKV'. This will bite you in 2 ways...

The 1st, you've already encountered... no WRITE permissions.

The 2nd, any saved profiles, etc. will be lost on a program update.

''%USERPROFILE%/.MakeMKV' is the preferred location.

And you need to email 'MKB20_v76_Speed_1A4E.tgz' to svq@makemkv.com so Mike can generate the key, which will automatically download when available. If it continues to fail, check out Fixing Volume Key is Unknown.
Changing the 'data directory' fixed the issue immediately. Appreciate your help on this as I don't recall changing the directory path but I guess I did at some point. I haven't ripped a disk in a while and also switched PC's, I must've changed the directory path without thinking about it.