Trouble with Popular Movie Titles

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
CerebralFreeze

Trouble with Popular Movie Titles

Post by CerebralFreeze »

Hey, Everyone!

I have a lot of trouble, using MakeMKV with popular movie titles like Marvel movies like The Avengers: Infinity War, The Avengers: Endgame, Mad Max: Fury Road, Aquaman, etc. For less popular titles, I never have a problem with my LG WH16NS60. I try to take painstaking care to look for any dirt that might be preventing it from working. MakeMKV usually says it's a debugging problem which I admit I don't know what that really means.

Is it due to the movie itself or is it because the disc is dirty and I should try to clean it more?
d00zah

Re: Trouble with Popular Movie Titles

Post by d00zah »

You don't mention any specific failures, so generally speaking, take a look at these:

If you're experiencing rip errors, please read here first!

Fixing Volume Key is Unknown

& take a look at the top of any sub-forum for "pinned" or "sticky" topics that might better describe a failure you're seeing.
Woodstock

Re: Trouble with Popular Movie Titles

Post by Woodstock »

The answer depends on what errors you are getting. Read errors generally are due to disk contamination or physical defects (scratches).

There are an increasing number of disks that are being contaminated simply be being in their packaging; the contamination isn't readily visible to our eyes, but it is bad enough to affect the laser's ability to focus on the data. These usually require a mild cleaning solution to remove, as just wiping them with a cloth polishes the chemical film, rather than removing it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging