3 From Hell UHD throwing error, won't rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dragoryte1

3 From Hell UHD throwing error, won't rip

Post by dragoryte1 »

I searched all over the Forum, don't see any issues being posted for "3 From Hell" on UHD. The Bluray ripped fine. Tried with two different systems, two completely different drives, both UHD friendly (LG and ASUS). Throws the same error on both. Brand new disc, just opened yesterday. Attached the error log it is giving.
Attachments
MKB20_v72_3_From_Hell_968F.tgz
(132.4 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
d00zah

Re: 3 From Hell UHD throwing error, won't rip

Post by d00zah »

Have you followed the steps detailed in Fixing Volume Key is Unknown?
dragoryte1

Post by dragoryte1 »

"Fixing geo blocking depends on what is doing the geo blocking. Both hkdata.fairuse.org and makemkv.com are hosted in the Russian Federation. You can get to the forum, though, because most of us access it through Cloudflare, which isn't in the RF."

That'll do it. Gross @ data hosted in Russia or China...super trustworthy...thanks for the help!
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

dragoryte1 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:18 pm
I searched all over the Forum, don't see any issues being posted for "3 From Hell" on UHD. The Bluray ripped fine. Tried with two different systems, two completely different drives, both UHD friendly (LG and ASUS). Throws the same error on both. Brand new disc, just opened yesterday. Attached the error log it is giving.
2 suggestions for future posts:

- Nowhere, do you specify the actual error message.

In both the 'Info' (right) & 'Output' (bottom) panes of the MakeMKV UI, you can highlight the text & paste into a post. Either left click/drag, or right click/"Select all". Copy/paste (into '</>' code display block when lengthy).

Better than screen grabs, in most cases & helps whoever steps up to help. Saves on the back 'n' forth of asking for details, too.

- You immediately assumed the failure was specific to the title. Had you searched for the error msg instead, i.e. "The volume key is unknown for this disc", you would have discovered:

a) the 'dump' file you attached is not a log & mostly only helpful to Mike.

b) a great many of the posts in this sub-forum deal w/ the same failure & provide the same solution. When in doubt, start 'general'...

c) the 1st few posts in a (sub-) forum are "pinned" (sticky), which discuss common issues. You got the correct section, but would have seen the topic I referenced, had you scanned the 1st few subjects 1st.

Hope this is helpful? Enjoy using MakeMKV!

BTW I've never really considered the location of the update servers to be a security issue IN THIS PARTICULAR context, although there are good arguments for geo-blocking. A nuisance when it happens, tho. YMMV