Will my WH16NS40 have the "sleep bug?"

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Sutorerichia

Will my WH16NS40 have the "sleep bug?"

Post by Sutorerichia »

I just finished following the guide to flash my encrypted 1.05 WH16NS40 to HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061440 and was wondering if there's anything else I need to do to ensure that I won't get the "sleep bug?"

I don't currently have any UHD Blu-ray to test out, but I intend to start buying them sometime in the near future.

Here's what MakeMKV says about my drive:

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.05
Serial number: KL1K8HG1234
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:40
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 26

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.05
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

If you require any further information, please let me know.

Thanks!
azxccd

Re: Will my WH16NS40 have the "sleep bug?"

Post by azxccd »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all UHD friendly firmwares have the sleep bug and the only way to fix it is to use a UHD official firmware like the WH16NS60 1.02 MK, which you would be able to crossflash to your drive.

The downside is that it won't be compatible with most other ripping applications other than MakeMKV, but why would you need anything else?

The other option is to only insert the disk when your ready to rip, and begin ripping within 2 minutes before the drive goes to sleep. Opening and closing the disk tray will wake it.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Will my WH16NS40 have the "sleep bug?"

Post by MartyMcNuts »

azxccd wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all UHD friendly firmwares have the sleep bug and the only way to fix it is to use a UHD official firmware like the WH16NS60 1.02 MK, which you would be able to crossflash to your drive.

The downside is that it won't be compatible with most other ripping applications other than MakeMKV, but why would you need anything else?

The other option is to only insert the disk when your ready to rip, and begin ripping within 2 minutes before the drive goes to sleep. Opening and closing the disk tray will wake it.
Correct!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com