Terminator 2 multiple editions

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ravedog

Terminator 2 multiple editions

Post by ravedog »

I've finally gotten around to ripping my UHD disks (woohoo) and popped in the UHD of T2. According to the back of the case, the 4K disc contains all three versions of the film, but in MakeMKV - there is only one (it's the theatrical release according to the runtime). I understand that they can have 3 movies from just one file with different playlists, but this disc was weird: Only one entry. Am I missing something here?
ravedog

Re: Terminator 2 multiple editions

Post by ravedog »

Well apparently I'm the asshole. This disc only has the theatrical cut... DESPITE it saying right on the back of the box that it contains all three (the description of what's on the discs spans across the 4K and the Blu-Ray boxes making it seem as if it applies to both discs. It does not. What BS.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Yup. The UHD and the Blu-ray 3D release are also just plain awful.

I still consider the 2015 Blu-ray release to be the best available at this time:

Amazon.com - Details, User Reviews on Blu-ray.com
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm hoping after James Cameron is done with Avatar 2 & 3 he might be willing to oversee a proper treatment on UHD for T2. Basically, what Christopher Nolan did for 2001, I'd like to see Cameron do for 'his' Terminator movies.