TENET UHD RB - Failed to open disk

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sharpie00

Re: TENET UHD RB - Failed to open disk

Post by sharpie00 »

WTF?!?!? I set the speed to 0=99 and it blew right through the disc with no errors! Held a consistent 10x throughout! Can someone please explain? Are there any compromises in the quality of the rip by setting the speeds higher?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
tjenkins02910

Post by tjenkins02910 »

Fearless Leader wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:24 pm
How recently have you tried it?

I just got Tenet today from Target (in the USA). I ripped it using 15.4 with no errors, which is a surprise because I usually see A/V duplicate frame or overlapping issues.
I was surprised this one showed zero issues. I checked the resulting .mkv file, and it looks golden (no apparent mastering errors or anything).

Perhaps yours has a different key than mine.

Since the Best Buy disc kept failing, I took your advice and I went to Target and purchased a copy of Tenet 4K from them. When I got home, I loaded it up on my computer and it copied perfectly to my hard drive. :) :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

sharpie00 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:37 pm
I set mine to 0=8 and the read just halted about a third of the way through. When set to "" (which was the default), I'm able to get 2/3 of the way through the disc. I've now set it to 0=99 to see what happens. Fingers crossed.
99 is unlimited. I suspect reading it faster won't bring about a positive change but hey what do I know. :D Maybe try 6x which is I think 0=24. The only reason I say that is cause the bu40n is 6x max and that thing's a tank.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

sharpie00 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:15 pm
WTF?!?!? I set the speed to 0=99 and it blew right through the disc with no errors! Held a consistent 10x throughout! Can someone please explain? Are there any compromises in the quality of the rip by setting the speeds higher?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
OOOOOK then. I retract my previous post! LOL Uhhhh, no idea on this one. That should not have worked.
sharpie00

Post by sharpie00 »

I successfully opened it up in VLC, so the file is good. Scanned it all the way to the end credits. The true test is when we actually watch it tomorrow for movie night. Mind blown. I'm now wondering how fast I can rip a 1080p disc. ha!
heyriddle

Post by heyriddle »

It is not opening for me yet. Did anyone happen to send the dump file for the US RB version? I am thinking the UK version is different. Thanks.
hedbert

Post by hedbert »

heyriddle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:55 pm
It is not opening for me yet. Did anyone happen to send the dump file for the US RB version? I am thinking the UK version is different. Thanks.
Yes I did.
Trout

Post by Trout »

I gave up after trying 10+ times and multiple soapy water cleanings. The cleanings helped (pre cleaning 40gb and would fail) but the closest I got was about 60gb out of 80 and would error out eventually. Retuned/replaced my BB copy and the new disc completed on first attempt. Best buy took the return with zero issue.

I have solved new disc issues with cleanings before but not this one. My first disc came with a couple tiny tiny scratch on it, seemed like nothing but I think it could not error correct it. Some people can probably fix issues with a good cleaning and on a giant file like this I bet a failing drive will show it's self. Good luck.
MuffinMcFluffin

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Y'all just ain't gettin' it. One boil and I'm now all royal!

That being said, I may ask for a disc swap as well. I mean I have mine ripped to my drive, but who knows if my UHD player will last with it over time, you know?
Uschinator

Post by Uschinator »

The German Version of the UHD Disk is still not able to open due to unknown volume key. I send in the dumps on Tuesday. Is there some way to find/decrypt the volume key myself and just add it to makemkv database?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

pixelme wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 am
I sent my dump on Tuesday morning to the email address, but not sure if what i sent was correct. I sent: MKB20_v76_Tenet_3D88.tgz to the svq@ email address. (It's a UK disc)
The other folks that have posted which dump they sent all seem to have sent MKB20_v76_Tenet_A470.tgz. The dump from your disc is different.
Uschinator

Post by Uschinator »

Mine is MKB20_v76_TENET_69AE.tgz. It is the German Version of TENET UHD. Sent it in on Tuesday to svq@makemkv.com. Still can't opening the disc. :(
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:03 am
Y'all just ain't gettin' it. One boil and I'm now all royal!

That being said, I may ask for a disc swap as well. I mean I have mine ripped to my drive, but who knows if my UHD player will last with it over time, you know?
lol
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
pixelme

Post by pixelme »

dcoke22 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:28 am
pixelme wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 am
I sent my dump on Tuesday morning to the email address, but not sure if what i sent was correct. I sent: MKB20_v76_Tenet_3D88.tgz to the svq@ email address. (It's a UK disc)
The other folks that have posted which dump they sent all seem to have sent MKB20_v76_Tenet_A470.tgz. The dump from your disc is different.
Ah ok, thanks! :) looking forward to 3D88 being processed :D
Albaner

Post by Albaner »

Uschinator wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:44 am
Mine is MKB20_v76_TENET_69AE.tgz. It is the German Version of TENET UHD. Sent it in on Tuesday to svq@makemkv.com. Still can't opening the disc. :(
I have the same problem. With identical tgz report-ID.