Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
MKV2020

Re: Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Post by MKV2020 »

I have problems ripping Disc 3 of S6. It always stops at the same point with some SCSI and status device data errors. I've cleaned the disc several times but it doesn't help. I have two ASUS BW-16D 1HT drives. Both were firmware 3.01. I've downgraded one to 3.00, but that doesnt work either. It's impossible too to just copy the files to the harddrive in windows. It fails copying the file where the ripping stops. I alread thought the disc has to be defective, but I tryed copying the files with a Pioneer UHD drive I had laying around, and that works just fine without a problem. Sadly, that drive isn't able to decrypt the disc, so the files are useless. I tryed to create a backup of the disc via makemkv with the Asus drive so that i get the disk.dat file. I tried to combine this with the files I copied with the Pioneer drive, but that just doesn't work. Makemkv isn't able to open the backup that way.

Is this some sort of new copy protection? All other discs from the set just worked fine. This is so weird. I mean, the disc can't be defective when I'm able to copy all files with the Pioneer drive.
sgtblackice

Post by sgtblackice »

most likely a defect in the disc or dirt on the disc, I've gone through this with four sets being getting a complete end to end working version.

Assume you've tried to clean the disc? I often had to clean the disc to get it to read end to end without error.
MKV2020

Post by MKV2020 »

I cleaned it several times. The Pioneer drive was able to read it so this could not be a disc damage. And because both of my Asus drives were unable to rip it, the drives are ok too (and they ripped other discs after that without any problem).
sgtblackice

Post by sgtblackice »

When you say unable to rip. What exactly happens?
MKV2020

Post by MKV2020 »

I already described what happens......
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:11 pm
So far, yes. I'm about half way through season 2. This is extremely painfully slow, obviously. I theorize that maybe part of the reason we see so many "I can play it in my UHD player so it's not the disc" posts. UHD players by design play them at 1x.
That and UHD players are set to ignore as many read errors as possible and just play it while we know that MakeMKV + optical drive are trying for a bit perfect no data left behind rip and will error out if it's not happening, or if the wind blows a certain direction...
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Tw3ak

Post by Tw3ak »

sgtblackice wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:28 pm
Forth set lucky! I have now completed the complete rip! only 8 weeks of messing around.
Glad you were finally able to get it done. I didn't see your post asking for a better source or i would have told you to get them from best Buy, Seems everyone that got the set from deep discount or amazon got flawed discs, I got 2 sets from best buy the exclusive steel book set and only had 1 episode not rip only reason i took back the first set was because the entire outside case that holds each season is also steel and mine was dented so i returned it and exchanged for another one that wasn't damaged and same episode wouldn't rip yet the disc from both sets played 100% on my sony ultra player on tv so i don't think it is a disc flaw but rather maybe my LG wh16ns40 just didn't like that part of the disc lol. But is was alot more expensive the steelbook set i believe was $149.99 and on amazon for just the 4k set was what $99? So maybe the higher priced set had better manufactured discs.
zilog23

Post by zilog23 »

MKV2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 pm
I have problems ripping Disc 3 of S6. It always stops at the same point with some SCSI and status device data errors. I've cleaned the disc several times but it doesn't help. I have two ASUS BW-16D 1HT drives. Both were firmware 3.01. I've downgraded one to 3.00, but that doesnt work either. It's impossible too to just copy the files to the harddrive in windows. It fails copying the file where the ripping stops. I alread thought the disc has to be defective, but I tryed copying the files with a Pioneer UHD drive I had laying around, and that works just fine without a problem. Sadly, that drive isn't able to decrypt the disc, so the files are useless. I tryed to create a backup of the disc via makemkv with the Asus drive so that i get the disk.dat file. I tried to combine this with the files I copied with the Pioneer drive, but that just doesn't work. Makemkv isn't able to open the backup that way.

Is this some sort of new copy protection? All other discs from the set just worked fine. This is so weird. I mean, the disc can't be defective when I'm able to copy all files with the Pioneer drive.
I had a problem with three discs from the Game of Thrones 4k Box Set. In the end it was my BH16NS55 and BU40N that saved the day and successfully copied the 3 discs. My ASUS BW-16D1HT behaved very bad with these discs.
phytonic13

Post by phytonic13 »

I have now tried two copies of season 1 disc 2 and can't get it to open. Is anyone else having success?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Tw3ak wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 am
sgtblackice wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:28 pm
Forth set lucky! I have now completed the complete rip! only 8 weeks of messing around.
Glad you were finally able to get it done. I didn't see your post asking for a better source or i would have told you to get them from best Buy, Seems everyone that got the set from deep discount or amazon got flawed discs, I got 2 sets from best buy the exclusive steel book set and only had 1 episode not rip only reason i took back the first set was because the entire outside case that holds each season is also steel and mine was dented so i returned it and exchanged for another one that wasn't damaged and same episode wouldn't rip yet the disc from both sets played 100% on my sony ultra player on tv so i don't think it is a disc flaw but rather maybe my LG wh16ns40 just didn't like that part of the disc lol. But is was alot more expensive the steelbook set i believe was $149.99 and on amazon for just the 4k set was what $99? So maybe the higher priced set had better manufactured discs.
So what you're saying is you get what you pay for? (ducking)
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

Season 5 is being a real pita, all the other seasons (bar one disc in S7) pretty much ripped after cleaning, some required multiple cleaning attempts but the 3 3 layered discs in S5 just seem to be incredible stubborn. I do find if discs fail you just have to keep cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning until eventually you are able to get a read of them.

Not really sure I want to buy any 4K TV shows after this, it has been a real pain, literally my thumb and tendons in that region in my right hand have been over worked due to the amount of cleaning on this discs into quite a bit of pain. It does subside after a few hence why I have been taking my time ripping these.

Edit:

And after spending the day with the troublesome discs I have managed to get them to all rip. Cleaning them really is the key, I find the trick is the edge of the discs need some serious scrubbing, some discs I cleaned multiple times but they only worked when I applied a lot of pressure scrubbing the edge of the outer ring of the disc with a microfiber cloth. The whole series is now down form just one set of discs using a Asus BW 161HT.
DeadPixel

Post by DeadPixel »

Seem to be finding more versions that cant decrypt, will submit dumps in the hope they can be added to database
Fubie

Post by Fubie »

Hi guys,

Once you have the files, do you rename them? If so how?

I noticed that the file names in no way line up with the episode names. What is the best way around this?

Thanks in advance.
Drive Information
Manufacturer: BUFFALO
Revision: BU10

LibreDrive Information
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Fubie

Post by Fubie »

I'm trying to RIP the last disc but I keep getting the below errors.

Can anyone tell me what these mean?

Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.16.3 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.2 id=F046CEB2F3AB)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Title #00058.mpls has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00056.mpls has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00057.mpls has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00053.mpls was added as title #0
File 00800.mpls was added as title #1
File 00802.mpls was added as title #2
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '0'
Title #00801.mpls was skipped
Title #00055.mpls has length of 21 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00051.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00051.m2ts' at offset '0'
Title #00020.mpls was skipped
Title #00016.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00015.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00014.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00013.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00012.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00011.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00010.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00009.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00008.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00007.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00054.m2ts has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00047.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00052.m2ts has length of 112 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00051.m2ts has length of 112 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00005.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00003.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00002.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00004.m2ts has length of 0 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00006.m2ts was added as title #3
Title #00001.m2ts was skipped
File 00000.m2ts was added as title #4
Title #00023.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00053.m2ts has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00043.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00042.m2ts has length of 7 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Product: Optical Drive

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 0.BU10O
Drive Information

LibreDrive Information
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It usually means the drive is trying REALLY HARD to read parts of the disk, and the operating system thinks it has gone off-line.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging