Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Post by SamuriHL »

by96$ wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Thanks for the input. I did go the iso route with prior discs that had issues but don't remember off hand how to do it. I will keep that in mind for GOT as I run into issues.

I have had 100% success until just now. I am on Disc 9 (Season 3, Episode 2) and it failed, but I was able to get Episodes 1 and 3 off the disk. I am running Episode 2 again now. I am 1/3rd through the second attempt and so far, so good.
Load up MakeMKV, select the disc, and leave MakeMKV on the title selection screen. With that still open, open ImgBurn and make your ISO.
by96$

Post by by96$ »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:55 pm
by96$ wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Thanks for the input. I did go the iso route with prior discs that had issues but don't remember off hand how to do it. I will keep that in mind for GOT as I run into issues.

I have had 100% success until just now. I am on Disc 9 (Season 3, Episode 2) and it failed, but I was able to get Episodes 1 and 3 off the disk. I am running Episode 2 again now. I am 1/3rd through the second attempt and so far, so good.
Load up MakeMKV, select the disc, and leave MakeMKV on the title selection screen. With that still open, open ImgBurn and make your ISO.
Thanks! I was making great progress with only one problematic episode, but after some cleaning, I got it to rip the second try. However, I was having no success using the faster method with Season 4, Episodes 7, 8, and 9, even after trying them together and individually. Now, I am using the iso backup method for that disc. So far so good, but still an hour to go.
by96$

Post by by96$ »

After multiple attempts with individual file rips and trying a ISO back-up, I think I am giving up on Disc 15. I can see two scratches on the disc. Unfortunately, I bought my set a long time ago, so I know Best Buy won't help. Has anybody had any success with reaching out to Warner Bros directly to replace damaged discs? I sent them an e-mail but am not holding my breath.

Alternatively, I found a "like new" set on eBay for a good price. I went ahead and bought it and hope its Disc 15 is fine. But I would still like to see if I can get my bad disc replaced somehow so I can resell the second set.

Thanks.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yes! Warner Brothers should be able to help and have helped me before (with that big Harry Potter box set!).
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
by96$

Post by by96$ »

jonghotti wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:05 pm
Yes! Warner Brothers should be able to help and have helped me before (with that big Harry Potter box set!).
Thanks! I actually just got a reply e-mail from WB. They wanted a copy of my receipt and UPC and said they will see if they have a disc in stock to send me. Not sure why they wouldn't, but it is a start.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Nice! Yeah I bought the Harry Potter 8 disc set and it came sans code sheet. Of course the packaging was ripped and i knew there'd be no code sheet and without any qualification they just replaced it, no questions asked.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
by96$

Post by by96$ »

I am almost done with GOT... on Season 8. Up to now, I have only had one disc that continually failed (Disc 15). Most discs ripped without issue. However, with Disc 28, my BU40N won't even detect the disc. It keeps spinning but MakeMKV never detects the disc but will read other discs (so I assume the drive is fine). I have never had this happen before. Is it a bad disc?

Thanks.

Update #1 - I had bought an external Pioneer drive as a back-up but was intending to send it back. However, I tried Disc 28 (the one that my BU40N wouldn't even detect) and it worked. I will next try Disc 15 on the Pioneer.

Update #2 - I am in the last few minutes of ripping the last episode, which happens to be Season 4, Episode 8. The bad disc, Disc 15, did not work on the Pioneer either. I can see two scratches on it. However, the second set I got off eBay rather cheap came today and the Disc 15 in it is perfect. Hopefully, WB will replace my Disc 15 and I will sell the other set with its Disc 15 for what I bought it for.

I am just glad to be done.
EvilWarMachine

Post by EvilWarMachine »

Have submitted the following unknown key dump to svq@makemkv.com

MKB20_v66_Game_Of_Thrones_Season_5_Disc_3_AA39

On a side note, disc 3 (episode 7) had the following error

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '32371703808'

Has happened with several attempts on 2 seperate drives with the offset number being slightly different every time, usually about 1 minute from completing the rip. Playing the episode from the disc in my Panasonic UHD player causes a stuttering and pause very near the end of the episode. The disc is brand new and looks as clean as it's ever likely to get. My conclusion is that this is a faulty disc.

I can return the whole set to Amazon as I am within the return window. However, I purchased this in the good Friday deals and it was the last one in stock. In my experience, Amazon normally refunds faulty purchases so, if you wanted a replacement, you would have to repurchase the item.

How successful have people been contacting (in this instance) WB about a disc replacement and what is the best way to go about doing it?
92turtleknobs

Post by 92turtleknobs »

This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a couple months now and wanted to make an account to share a possible solution that helped me with my box set of The Office (US). I'm also currently having trouble with ripping S3D2 and S8D3 on my Game of Thrones UHD set as well as one of my Harry Potter UHD discs. I tried cleaning the discs countless times, was using a WH16NS40 with different firmware versions and even switched to a BU40N with the 1.03MK per the recommendations here. After trying many different solutions from different forums, what eventually got got me a "working" rip was:

1. Download a trial of AnyDVD HD and enable it. They give you 21 days, which was more than enough time for me.
2. Download ImgBurn and switch to Read mode. Select "Create Image from disc".
3. In the ImgBurn settings in the Read tab, check the "Ignore read errors" and set retries to "0".
4. Set the output destination and start the read process. This process is VERY LONG and will take a couple hours, I did it overnight.
5. Once completed, extract the .m2ts files of the video stream you need and remux to MKV with MKVToolNix. You can
also extract the .iso to a folder and copy the .m2ts videos that way.
6. To get chapters, I used a program called GhapterGen to import the correct .mlps files and covert them to a .txt file that MKVToolNix can use.

The reason I say it is a "working" rip, is because while the episode of The Office does play fine on VLC and Plex, there was one small section that had garbled audio and skipped a couple frames. Besides that, the rest of the episode was all good. I'm currently working on my trouble GoT discs and can see if this process works again. I know this is probably a longer drawn out process with more steps than folks probably want, but it was the only way I was able to at least get a video that could play. MakeMKV is still my primary way of ripping for disc that work.

If there are better solutions to make this quicker, I would love to see what other people have done.
92turtleknobs

Post by 92turtleknobs »

Following up on my progress:

Bad news: Imgburn did not work for me for GoT. I had issues with the drive goign to sleep and no longer reading the disc halfway through the process.

Great news: I did try IsoPuzzle mentioned in this thread viewtopic.php?t=20347 and was able to successfully rip my S4 disc! Only issue was while I could open the iso in MakeMKV, it was still having errors copying. I still had to use MKVToolNix and ChapterGen to remux. Hope this helps those struggling with this. Working on S8 now :D
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

Well I think I got lucky, after reading through some of the hardships you peeps were having I was dreading ripping this boxset!
However, I have managed to get all episodes completed with only 3x re-rips across all episodes, 1.84TB in total though :shock:

Overall my discs were mostly dirty out of the wrapper, seeming to have a fine layer of what I can only say was a "grease" covering them, lots of cleaning and then checking with a UV torch prior to loading into the drive seems to have done the trick for me.
Obsessive compulsive ripper and collector since finding Make MKV!
Converting nearly 1,200 Blu Rays and UHD in 1:1 format to a Plex library serviced by Infuse.