Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Post by SamuriHL »

Even at 2x I'm still having some issues, as well. I've been having to clean a few of the discs to get them to read. I'm trying to finish up season 4. I don't know how far I'll get today but I'm in it for the long haul. LOL
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

Cleaned the lenses on both of my WH14NS40 drives this morning. The first discs of both season 1 and season 2 are ripping at between 4x and 8x.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I've given up. In fact my NS60 has completely stopped reading ANY discs now so it may or may not have taken a ride across the floor. I'm REALLY pissed off and sick of wasting hundreds of dollars for discs they can't be bothered to manufacture properly. I'm so beyond over all this nonsense.
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Here's an update/issue!

I finally made it through all disks, using my LG using the WH16NS60 1.00 firmware.

I have no idea how to change the speed, so I just tried it, and I got every season to rip with the EXCEPTION of
Season 1 episode 4
Season 8 episode 2

However, after trying 3 times in a row to backup season 8 episode 2, now my DRIVE keeps telling me "no disc", and won't read any disks at all. Anyone have a suggestion for me? I feel so frustrated, I was on the cusp of having every episode, but now not only can i not back them up, but my drive appears to have gone into some kind of meltdown :(
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It's the same issue I'm having. No I don't have a solution. Throwing it across the floor in a solid metal USB case is probably not the answer, lol, but I'm beyond frustrated right now myself. I've no idea what's causing these drives to lose their freaking minds.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

any chance it could've been the recent libredrive updates? maybe try an older version in a separate install path (to make a decrypted folder backup anyways)?
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

Anyone running into these issues have you tried putting the problematic disc into a UHD bluray player to see if it plays back? I suspect this is a quality control issue but has anyone ruled out the software yet?
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

I decided to send both sets back to Amazon since if they are this hard to read now imagine a few years down the road. I talked to their tech support and they are opening an investigation so hopefully they find out this was just a bad batch and I'll just order a new set when they work out the bugs.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I've spot checked the disc I'm currently HIGHLY struggling with in my UB820 and it reads fine. (Damn they look good in DV). But the UB820 has only ever failed to read one disc of mine that is physically scratched badly (damn Harry Potter collection....see why I'm so pissed off about all this now?). I'm just trying to get these damn things ripped and then I can stop worrying about it but I'm not even through season 4 yet and my usb enclosed NS60 no longer reads any UHD discs. I got it to read a blu-ray so I know the drive isn't dead. I also pulled it apart and cleaned the lenses but it made zero difference. This doesn't seem to be a LibreDrive problem, though, because without MakeMKV open I can't get Windows to recognize a disc in the drive. At least a UHD.
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

I started ripping season 1 and saw that the episodes are not in order in MakeMkv. E.g., the first episode in disc 1 is episode 3. Anyone seeing the same?
Last edited by AngryVirginian on Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

No. They have been in proper order for me. They typically start at titleset 2 I think. On some discs (probably disc 4 of each season) there's only one title and it's like 4 or 5. But they're in order for me.
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

The episodes are also not in order for me, typically the disc go 1, 3, 2 and 4, 6, 5. but most TV shows don't rip in order.

I'm also having issues with the discs. Season 4 D2 and D3 and Season 5 D3 and D4 have given me trouble.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I've had enough. Billy will smile I'm sure. Just ordered myself an archgon bu40n. We'll find out if these stupid drives are the problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

I am having issue with season 4 episode 8. And I am missing season 5 episode 10 as the box has duplicate disc 3 discs of season 5. Time to go to Best Buy and ask for a replacement (and $10 back as the price dropped this week). I bought a steel book set and none is in-stock around here. Sigh.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I really regret not keeping the steel book order and changing it to Amazon. I may decide to ask for a replacement set.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk