Blue Planet II

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
stepmback

Blue Planet II

Post by stepmback »

I just purchased my second copy of Black Hawk down and am getting errors. I had the errors with the original as well.

I also bought Planet Earth II/Blue Planet II combo and ripped those from UHD. All the episodes were able to rip except two..

I am attaching the Blue Planet II log. The read rate slowing drops when ripping then goes zero and stops.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(18.29 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
dcoke22

Re: Blue Planet II

Post by dcoke22 »

Code: Select all

002003:0000 Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (133)' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00058.m2ts' at offset '782628864'
That seems bad.
stepmback

Post by stepmback »

I agree. Does this mean bad drive or bad disc. I am able to rip many UHD but I do run in to about 10-15% that have this issue. I have ripped about 30 discs and I would say 4-5 wont rip.. I get errors. I have tried Black Hawk Down twice with two seperate discs and get errors.

I almost never have problems ripping blu-rays. I have ripped thousands and have probably had less than 10 that were disc issues. Is the UHD manufacturing process this poor that 10-15% are bad.

Or is it my drive?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I've ripped 35 or 40 UHDs and haven't had a failure. But I have had Blu-rays and DVDs that have failed, sometimes on multiple drives. I've ripped more Blu-rays and DVDs than UHDs, so I imagine it is just a matter of time until I have a disc that doesn't like my drive.

Have you tried cleaning the disc? Lots of people use a microfiber towel to clean a disc. I usually use water to blast off dust & dirt particles and then use a generous amount of dish soap and my fingers (gently) to clean any oils that might be on the disc. I use a microfiber towel for drying. I once had a new-out-of-the-package Blu-ray with some kind of invisible oil on it. Once I cleaned it off, the disc worked fine.
stepmback

Post by stepmback »

I have never used soap but have cleaned them very vigorously with a micro fiber and still have issues.

I returned the discs one last time and will see if I still have issues.

I have an Asus bw-16d1ht running 3.10mk firmware. What are you using?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I use a LG WH16NS60 with firmware 1.02.

Interestingly, there's a new version of MakeMKV that might be worth trying.
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

Was anyone able to back up disk 3? I am feeling very sad because I was able to back up my first 5 episodes from the first two disks but can't get the last episodes backed up. I hope this doesn't run afoul of forum rules but would anyone who was able to back it up be willing to give me access to those last 2 episodes so I can have my whole series backed up on my plex?
curtis07

Post by curtis07 »

Giffdev, I was able to get all the Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II episodes perfectly, as well as the Planet Earth II "Diaries", but could not rip the Blue Planet extras disc. I set up an Amazon return, and the new set has working discs... except for the Blue Planet extras disc. This time, there are even more errors in the log. Maddening. I think they simply have extremely poor quality control.