The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jerryfudd81

The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Hi,

Just bought this disc and received the message 'The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted'

Have located 'MKB20_v72_THE_GOONIES_4738.tgz' and sent it to svq@makemkv.com - hopefully that is the correct procedure from the post I read below.

viewtopic.php?t=19652

If not can someone advise, likewise if there is any work around in the meantime it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!
SamuriHL

Re: The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Post by SamuriHL »

That was correct. The key will download automatically at some point in the future so just keep trying the disc and it'll eventually work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jerryfudd81

Re: The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Post by jerryfudd81 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:04 pm
That was correct. The key will download automatically at some point in the future so just keep trying the disc and it'll eventually work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
top stuff!

thank you
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

jerryfudd81 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:28 am
Hi,

Just bought this disc and received the message 'The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted'

Have located 'MKB20_v72_THE_GOONIES_4738.tgz' and sent it to svq@makemkv.com - hopefully that is the correct procedure from the post I read below.

viewtopic.php?t=19652

If not can someone advise, likewise if there is any work around in the meantime it'd be appreciated.

Thanks!
Same here :) My dump was exactly the same name as yours. looking forward to the key so I can watch this. :D :D
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Trickyd-1 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm
jerryfudd81 wrote:
Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=19652

Thanks!
Same here :) My dump was exactly the same name as yours. looking forward to the key so I can watch this. :D :D
hey you guuuuys.

is yours still failing? i know im being impatient but curious how long the process of having the key added is likely to take... seem to find myself checking a few times a day as i dont have a standalone 4k player so can only watch my purchased movies after processing with makemkv.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jerryfudd81 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:31 am
Trickyd-1 wrote:
jerryfudd81 wrote:
Hi,

viewtopic.php?t=19652

Thanks!
hey you guuuuys.

is yours still failing? i know im being impatient but curious how long the process of having the key added is likely to take... seem to find myself checking a few times a day as i dont have a standalone 4k player so can only watch my purchased movies after processing with makemkv.
Usually a week or so. Sometimes 2 weeks.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:45 am
jerryfudd81 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:31 am
Trickyd-1 wrote:

hey you guuuuys.

Usually a week or so. Sometimes 2 weeks.
perfect, thank you!
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Still not decrypting. Must be a difficult disc? :(
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Trickyd-1 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 pm
Still not decrypting. Must be a difficult disc? :(
Likewise :( got my hopes up when I saw activity on this thread.

Why don't you try submitting aswell just on the chance I messed up? I've had no reply or abything
Last edited by jerryfudd81 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Sorry for getting your hopes up. I did send my dump in to svq@makemkv.com though on 1st Sep.
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

is there a problem with this disk? I saw on another recent topic the dump got sorted in about a day?
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

I sent my dump in again just in case there was a problem with the first one but still no luck yet :(
I notice that DEUHD can decrypt this title now but I'm not paying the Russian hackers!! I've noticed since I signed up for a free trial of DEUHD that I'm now getting spam to the mailbox I used.
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Trickyd-1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 am
I sent my dump in again just in case there was a problem with the first one but still no luck yet :(
I notice that DEUHD can decrypt this title now but I'm not paying the Russian hackers!! I've noticed since I signed up for a free trial of DEUHD that I'm now getting spam to the mailbox I used.
Use this for disposable mail addresses next time https://www.guerrillamail.com/
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Just wanted to try and bump this topic as the disc is still reporting that it cannot decrypt - sad times.

EDIT: saw in another post about sending the dump to support@makemkv.com so just forwarded it to that address.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

In the end I resurrected my old dvd-fab passkey license I had forgotten about from years ago. I didn't realise it now does 4k discs.
That ripped the goonies no problem.