The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Metallikahn

Re: The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Post by Metallikahn »

Just sent in a dump for this as well. US Retail purchased from Target. Is makemkv 1.15.3 not downloading the hash table right? Had this just happen on BTTF part 3 as well.

Edit: NVM. Tried it on a second drive once I'd finished ripping a different disc and it has worked perfectly. :roll:

Got a 2 LG WH16NS40's each running in a separate pc. Ones on f/w 1.00 and Windows. The other is f/w 1.02 on a Linux Docker install. Working on the Windows drive. IDK... the Docker drive works fine on other discs. Sometimes better than the Windows drive. SMFH :lol:
Tyler_p

Re: The Goonies 4K Ultra HD = The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Post by Tyler_p »

Still doesn't work for me either. I already emailed the dump before checking the forum, but apparently multiple people are waiting for it.

I hope it gets fixed soon :D
RussWilliams

Post by RussWilliams »

Got the same issue with the UK version (dump name MKB20_v72_THE_GOONIES_4739.tgz).

I'm using an LG BH16NS55 with 1.02d firmware on Linux (MakeMKV 1.14.7) and Mac (MakeMKV 1.15.0 and 1.15.3), so I guess it's the 1.02 firmware that's the culprit...
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Would be good to see this work, sent my keys through twice just coming up two months ago but still nothing.

If it makes a difference and as others have mentioned I have a couple of Asus 16D1HT drive's with the MK3.10 firmware and have had no trouble prior to this or since and have the UK version.

@Trickyd-1 mentioned he also had issues with MakeMKV but worked on DVD-Fab so not sure what the issue is.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

There must be a serious difficulty with the encryption on this title as Mike is normally very quick to work his magic on other titles.

DVD fab passkey uses deUHD’s database so Arusoft must use a different method to Mike which has worked on this title.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm just guessing, but I wonder if there's something similar to the Zombieland disc going on.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 204#p94204

That seems like it is tied to AACS 2.1 and I don't think The Goonies is an AACS 2.1 disc.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

Looks like Mike has done it again :D
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Trickyd-1 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:39 am
Looks like Mike has done it again :D
Working for me too, was the dump submitted incorrectly or just a massive backlog I wonder...
dragoryte1

Post by dragoryte1 »

Mine fails on two completely separate machines, two separate drive types, two different MakeMKV versions. Turning off all network filters and geoblocking at the firewall did nothing.

I manually downloaded the latest sdf.bin, no issues. Delete the tar.gz file, let it recreate itself on launch from the freshly downloaded sdf.bin, still fails. I even downloaded the _private_data.tar that Billycar provided on 12/20/20, replaced what was there, relaunched, still erroring saying it can't reach the HK server. Disabled the internet check, same thing. This is infuriating.

So before someone gets all butthurt about not trying to troubleshoot or read past posts...yeah I did that.
Attachments
MKB20_v72_The_Goonies_A193.tgz
(85.66 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
MakeMKV Goonies Error.png
MakeMKV Goonies Error.png (90.3 KiB) Viewed 12140 times
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

And yet you attached it to the forum. :lol: Did you send it to svq@makemkv.com?
dragoryte1

Post by dragoryte1 »

Decided to work today....8th day is the charm I guess...server had to have been down, I changed nothing on my end.
thncs

Post by thncs »

I guess I have not so great luck. Have been trying for 14 days now and no luck. I submitted the dump files anyway.

Is there a schedule of server downtime somewhere I may have missed?