All 4K Releases Spreadsheet

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
kingdecali

Re: All 4K Releases Spreadsheet

Post by kingdecali »

I love you?

For real though, thank you for compiling this!
truthfulie

Post by truthfulie »

Really awesome list! Thank you. I noticed there is a line on the spreadsheet that says "Criterion's first 4K title could be announced in 2021" Is there a rumor? Article regarding this? Or is this just a speculation?
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

truthfulie wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:59 pm
Really awesome list! Thank you. I noticed there is a line on the spreadsheet that says "Criterion's first 4K title could be announced in 2021" Is there a rumor? Article regarding this? Or is this just a speculation?
Yeah that was just copied from the list at https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/the- ... hd-list-01 so I'm not sure where they got that from! I haven't found anything official from Criterion themselves...it could be they just update that placeholder every year hoping THIS year will be the one. :D

I should probably just remove that from the spreadsheet since it's not an actual title!
GipsyDanger

Post by GipsyDanger »

The Movie "Arrival" seems to be missing from the spreadsheet.
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

GipsyDanger wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 pm
The Movie "Arrival" seems to be missing from the spreadsheet.
Huh weird, on the website it's listed as "The Arrival" instead of just "Arrival." But it's there, row 73 if you've got the default name sort.
ubuntuuser

Post by ubuntuuser »

My thanks too!

Could please explain a little bit what "reference" and "standout" means. Am I right, that reference is "better" than "standout". But which criteria are used for "reference"? How much is personal taste included?
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

ubuntuuser wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:48 pm
Could please explain a little bit what "reference" and "standout" means. Am I right, that reference is "better" than "standout". But which criteria are used for "reference"? How much is personal taste included?
So here's the website I'm pulling the data from: https://thedigitalbits.com/tag/4k-ultra-hd-release-list My guess is that if the reviewer for that film considers it "reference quality" then that's how it's marked. For example, here's the Deadpool 4k review: https://thedigitalbits.com/item/deadpool-uhd

"Fox’s Ultra HD presentation of the film is gorgeous. Presented in full 4K from a true 4K DI (with raw footage shot on ARRI Alexa XT cameras), this disc is sure to be your next reference title on the format."

So I assume it's totally subjective based on the reviewer!
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

olevelo

Post by olevelo »

Very cool! A couple of questions:

Why are there two entries for The New Mutants? I'm not aware of multiple versions?

Any chance of adding a Forced Subtitles column? I always have to check this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2134580265) to see if I need to edit the headers for forced subs, but it would be great if your spreadsheet at least had a checkmark, and then folks can just go to this spreadsheet for the details.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Great work on the spreadsheet! Not sure where the information is being pulled from but a few things from first glance:

*1917 is definitely not in 60fps.
*Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection is only in Bluray, not UHD. The first movie is the only one being released in a week.
*A couple versions of films I noticed are missing are the StudioCanal releases of Leon the Professional and Cliffhanger that include DV.
Last edited by shawnc22 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Orange

Post by Mr_Orange »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 am
Also a couple versions of films I noticed are missing are the StudioCanal releases of Leon the Professional and Cliffhanger that include DV.
You have to remember that not all versions of a particular film do include DV. Terminator: Dark Fate is an example where the US release features DV but the Australian release does not.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Mr_Orange wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Also a couple versions of films I noticed are missing are the StudioCanal releases of Leon the Professional and Cliffhanger that include DV.
You have to remember that not all versions of a particular film do include DV. Terminator: Dark Fate is an example where the US release features DV but the Australian release does not.
Of course, but since it looks like his list is trying to include all versions of a film, I thought I'd list them.
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

shawnc22 wrote:
Not sure where the information is being pulled from but a few things from first glance:
I'm pulling these from here: https://thedigitalbits.com/tag/4k-ultra-hd-release-list

Not sure what happened to 1917...I'm not sure if that was a mistake in my script or if the last time I pulled the page it was listed with 60fps (it's not listed on the site now).

Next time I update the sheet with the latest I'll add an exception to remove that 60fps if it shows up again.

As for Cliffhanger and Beverly Hills Cop, I'm just turning what's on that page into a spreadsheet...I don't want to start having to maintain my own custom list in addition to that stuff, sorry!
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:03 am
Any chance of adding a Forced Subtitles column?
I'm just pulling the data from https://thedigitalbits.com/tag/4k-ultra-hd-release-list so if it's not there the spreadsheet doesn't have it, sorry!
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

Update
Just updated today and added the 2020-12-10 tab, looks like 13 new rows since last month.