Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Dinst

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Dinst »

Great work as always yusesope! I can confirm I am getting DTS:X with your new exoplayer APK! There is some info regarding the file being played displayed in the top left hand corner of the screen though which I can't seem to get rid of. Playback also failed after ~3 minutes but pressing play resumed with no issues.
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 am
Hello Alpha and Omega testers! :lol: :lol:
New day, new apk (HERE)!
This time the focus is completely shifted to the audio sector.
This version therefore DOES NOT INCLUDE the code to play DV movies.

Two main points:
  • maybe I have found a way to distinguish DTS audio from DTS HD audio within an mkv file.
    If you want, test this apk with the samples you find HERE.
    Does your AVR correctly show the HD track?
    In the case of multitrack audio, can you switch between them without problems?
  • I've integrated FFmpeg.
    Devices that do not have a specific hardware decoder should be able to decode the audio track as PCM (lossless audio without metadata). Far better than any ac3, eac3 and aac track.
    For example, a Fire Stick 4K should be able to read an ATMOS track like a PCM.
    If interested, you can test the apk with the files you find HERE and HERE.
Let me know!
All the audio tracks that previously were greyed out are now available and play correctly, including dts, dts-hd master and dolby true-hd atmos.
You are a genius, you are the man of the miracles. Thank you again.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Impressive. :) Now if you merge everything into one APK we're good to go. :D LOL
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 am
Hello Alpha and Omega testers! :lol: :lol:
New day, new apk (HERE)!
Thank you for staying tuned the topic. I just tested it briefly :mrgreen:

DTS-HD is recognized correctly

Atmos in TrueHD too

Good news that the Exoplayer can recognize DTS:X 8)

Information is shown at the top left of the margin during playback.

Unfortunately, the APK is not a solution because playback stops (or fails) every one or max. two minutes :(
Therefore, in my opinion, it is not done yet, so you can not merge it with the dv apk.

Thanks again

edit: the problem is apparently only with dolby sound material. AC3 and TrueHD/Atmos always stop after a short time. DTS:X runs through. I tested several rips.
ragico

Post by ragico »

Not in my case. Dolby atmos, dolby ac3 and eac3 play flawlessly. Never stop or fails.
Tested over 20 movies and everything runs correctly.
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

ragico wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am
Not in my case. Dolby atmos, dolby ac3 and eac3 play flawlessly. Never stop or fails.
Ok good to hear. Are you using the refresh rate app or a hotfix image for the shield?

I watch the rips in the plex addon and in the original refresh rate. I may have to mention that. I still have to test local files.
ragico

Post by ragico »

kcxserver wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:36 pm
ragico wrote:
Ok good to hear. Are you using the refresh rate app or a hotfix image for the shield?

I watch the rips in the plex addon and in the original refresh rate. I may have to mention that. I still have to test local files.
No I dont use the refresh rate app and no hotfix image for the shield.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Dinst wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:20 pm
Playback also failed after ~3 minutes but pressing play resumed with no issues.
ragico wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 pm
All the audio tracks that previously were greyed out are now available and play correctly, including dts, dts-hd master and dolby true-hd atmos.
kcxserver wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:08 am
edit: the problem is apparently only with dolby sound material. AC3 and TrueHD/Atmos always stop after a short time. DTS:X runs through. I tested several rips.
Maybe the problem is due to the fact that I compiled the master branch (instead of the dev-v2 one, as in the previous apk). I was unable to build FFmpeg for the dev version and therefore I had to fall back on the master. However, the code I added does not seem to me to influence the normal flow of Exoplayer (and above all, I have not modified the part that manages the formats of Dolby). In the next few days I will try to move the code to the dev version.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I haven't kept up with this. Are we able to get DV with lossless Audio? which players can currently play this?

Thanks
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Dinst wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:20 pm
ragico wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 pm
kcxserver wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:08 am
As promised, diehards can test the new super experimental apk (link at the bottom).

It was compiled from the dev-v2 branch and includes the code needed to play Dolby Vision movies and DTS-HD audio tracks (plus all Dolby audio formats) in an mkv container. The apk uses FFmpeg 4.2 to play the audio tracks on those devices without a specific hardware decoder.

Let me know if there are any problems!
Happy testing!

EDIT:
HERE version without debug window.

xmenw wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm
I haven't kept up with this. Are we able to get DV with lossless Audio? which players can currently play this?

Thanks
Start by reading the last 10-12 pages of this thread (and, clearly, also the first post).
Last edited by yusesope on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

I can confirm I am getting Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos and also DTS:X. I am still seeing the info displayed in the top left hand corner of the screen though.
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

ragico wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm
kcxserver wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:36 pm
ragico wrote:

No I dont use the refresh rate app and no hotfix image for the shield.
I also do not currently use a hotfix image. Disabling the refresh app didn't help me. I'm back to the current dv apk and everything (except dts hd) works again without problems.
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am
just wow .. thank you! look forward to testing it later.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Dinst wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 am
I can confirm I am getting Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos and also DTS:X. I am still seeing the info displayed in the top left hand corner of the screen though.
I know!
:wink:

Also for this reason it is a super experimental version. Those info help me to understand if everything works (see the previous post by kcxserver ... have you noticed how detailed and precise it is?)

If several users confirm that the apk does its duty, in 5 minutes I update the app and remove those damned lines!

How is it working for you? Still freezing movies?
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:01 am
How is it working for you? Still freezing movies?
I quickly played Spartacus to confirm the DTS:X, I then played Top Gun to check the Atmos and left it playing for 5 minutes and there was no freezing etc. :D

I've just started playing Top Gun again, I'll leave it playing and report back shortly.