Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by ragico »

Pmaw10 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:12 pm
kavie87 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:19 pm
I’ve managed to get kodi to play Dolby Vision via exoplayer. Works great. Was wondering if there is a code and where to put it, if I rename my 4k movies to have “Movie Name (2020) Dolby.Vision.mkv for those movies that DV so that it plays non DV in the default player and will play Dolby.Vision files in the exoplayer?
Yes, this is possible. You need to add a rule in your playercorefactory.xml. I, for example, have a rule to use ExoPlayer only when a movie has "Dolby.Vision" in the filename. Here is what I have in my XML:

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
- <rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*Dolby.Vision.*" player="ExoPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Can you pls give un example?
For example: Gemini man (2019).mkv.Dolby.Vision.
or what?
I tried different ways but dont work.
Thank you
AllisterFiend

Post by AllisterFiend »

ragico wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:17 pm
Pmaw10 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:12 pm
kavie87 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:19 pm
I’ve managed to get kodi to play Dolby Vision via exoplayer. Works great. Was wondering if there is a code and where to put it, if I rename my 4k movies to have “Movie Name (2020) Dolby.Vision.mkv for those movies that DV so that it plays non DV in the default player and will play Dolby.Vision files in the exoplayer?
Yes, this is possible. You need to add a rule in your playercorefactory.xml. I, for example, have a rule to use ExoPlayer only when a movie has "Dolby.Vision" in the filename. Here is what I have in my XML:

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
- <rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*Dolby.Vision.*" player="ExoPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
or what?
Thank you
I'm not sure if this will help but you might want to put Dolby.Vision before the .mkv. example: Gemini man (2019).Dolby.Vision.mkv

Hope that helps.

Allister Fiend
ragico

Post by ragico »

AllisterFiend wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:43 pm
I'm not sure if this will help but you might want to put Dolby.Vision before the .mkv. example: Gemini man (2019).Dolby.Vision.mkv

Hope that helps.

Allister Fiend
Thanks, unfortunately this does not help.
Sevenfeet

Post by Sevenfeet »

I've been away from the forum for some months so I did not realize the DV level 2 & MKV issue found a solution. So, yay!

The good news: I verified that it works with Plex on my Apple TV 4K with a re-ripped copy of 2001.

The OK news: The Infuse app on the Apple TV doesn't recognize it which means it's likely the developer will get around to it with the next major version due soon.

The bad news: My Oppo 205 does not recognize the DV layer and may never recognize it since Oppo stopped doing software development on this player years ago. At least it will play DV properly through entire disc rips as always.
dianagreece49

Post by dianagreece49 »

or what?
Thank you
morbius

Post by morbius »

Sevenfeet wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 pm
The OK news: The Infuse app on the Apple TV doesn't recognize it which means it's likely the developer will get around to it with the next major version due soon.
Don't think it's up to the Infuse developer, or possible for them to do it, since the ATV does not have the correct DV profile support?
sterling

Post by sterling »

MtheDude wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:25 pm
Greetings. I used yusesope's apk and this code. I played some DV files and they work perfectly. However, when I put Subtitles in the same file as the movie and name them the same name the subtitles still dont show. Is there something wrong with the code as I just copied it. Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filename=".*DV.*" player="ExoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I have the same problem. Am I right that according to the code a subtitle file should be prefixed with the "subtitle_uri"?
hyperseven

Post by hyperseven »

Anyone have an alternate source for exoplayer mod except for WeTransfer as been trying for days to get it and just hangs on 'were nearly ready' :?:
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

I've noticed that Plex on Apple TV will not play a .mkv with DV if the audio is True-HD/7.1. Plex forces the audio to transcode rather than direct play, and the DV becomes HDR10. If you change the audio track to something else, like AAC, the DV ends up playing fine. No such problem on Nvidia Shield Pro. I'm guessing this is an Apple TV Plex app limitation?
gabi.gegea@gmail.com

Post by gabi.gegea@gmail.com »

hyperseven wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:45 pm
Anyone have an alternate source for exoplayer mod except for WeTransfer as been trying for days to get it and just hangs on 'were nearly ready' :?:
That version is outdated. Use https://github.com/moneytoo/Player/releases

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ken.player
MrHobbles

Post by MrHobbles »

chrisandy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:43 pm
I've noticed that Plex on Apple TV will not play a .mkv with DV if the audio is True-HD/7.1. Plex forces the audio to transcode rather than direct play, and the DV becomes HDR10. If you change the audio track to something else, like AAC, the DV ends up playing fine. No such problem on Nvidia Shield Pro. I'm guessing this is an Apple TV Plex app limitation?
Sadly, the Apple TV does not support DV Profile 7 (as used on UHD discs) in any form, on any app. If your receiver says it's receiving a DV signal from the Apple TV it's because it's outputting DV Profile 5 (as used on streaming services) generated from the HDR10 media.

The NVIDIA Shield hardware supports both Profile 7 (MEL fully, FEL limited - some colorspace issues) and Profile 5, so Plex will have no issues there.

Sidenote: Ensure you have Match Content enabled on your Apple TV to force it to output in the native format of the playing media. You'll still only get HDR10 for DV content, but your receiver will accurately reflect what's playing, and non-HDR media won't looked over-saturated due to the Apple TV trying to convert it to HDR.
hyperseven

Post by hyperseven »

gabi.gegea@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 pm
hyperseven wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:45 pm
That version is outdated. Use https://github.com/moneytoo/Player/releases

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ken.player
Cheers for the assist :D
gabi.gegea@gmail.com

Post by gabi.gegea@gmail.com »

Cheers for the assist :D
👍
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 pm
Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:07 pm
Regardless of which track I select during playback, it doesn't play 7.1 sound. The audio tracks clearly aren't being muxed properly, or at least not in a way the player can understand.
You should report that to the tsmuxer thread. I never had (nor heard) any issue with truehd+core atmos using any version of tsmuxer.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176668&page=38
I'll maybe look into that.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 pm
Just to be sure....could you please test this Atmos + dual layer DV sample: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZHKRF ... D--zn3iFgK
That plays without any problems - no crashing, and 7.1 sound works fine. So it looks as though TsMuxer simply isn't muxing into the same format as that sample file.

@Shasarak

I've also got an Oppo 203 and have been trying to convert .mkv files to .ts and .m2ts dolby vision
I initially had the exact same problem as you, movie would pop up dolby vision for a frame and then freeze when I played single track dual layer .ts dolby vision file
I've solved the problem:)

On tsmuxer settings: enable HDMV descriptors when you mux the file and there will be no stuttering.
Yordan5

Post by Yordan5 »

narcospablo123 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:46 pm

On tsmuxer settings: enable HDMV descriptors when you mux the file and there will be no stuttering.
Could you elaborate where/on which tab of tsmuxer is this option(HDMV descriptors)located?
I had a through look and was not able to find it. Perhapss you are referring to command line settings which unfortunately I am not familiar with.