Star Wars 4Ks

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Simbo

Re: Star Wars 4Ks

Post by Simbo »

Thanks for the reply.

Each disc appears to have 4/5 streams of the film. So far I have ripped the first stream with EVERY subtitle track and the one I want didn’t appear....that’s why I’m so confused.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The streams with 00800 in their name are the "right" ones for English. Within them, the "foreign audio only" English tracks varied from 4 to 7 over series. Usually the first track is the complete English subtitles.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Simbo

Post by Simbo »

Thanks. I’m going to give it another whirl tomorrow so fingers crossed I find the sub track that I need.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Simbo wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:58 pm
Thanks. I’m going to give it another whirl tomorrow so fingers crossed I find the sub track that I need.
I bought all mine (4K Australian) seperately as they were on sale at JB HiFi, so I saved a bundle! Anyway, I found that for all of them, playlist 00004 is the correct English one with foreign subtitles. I just double checked Attack of the Clones and yes, 00004 is correct and the subtitle appeared at 5:12.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Simbo

Post by Simbo »

Thanks all for your replies on this subject.

My mistake was ripping the incorrect stream. I rewatched my rip and realised the intro text wasn’t in English. I found the English stream, re-ripped and the subtitles are in fact hardcoded.

As Woodstock said the correct English stream is the one labelled ‘800’.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Wondering if anyone who has non-US discs - especially UK - can comment on whether they're any different than the US ones? I'm so pleased that just as with Blu-rays, 4K releases in different countries can be quite different (see: The Fifth Element, though that wasn't a simultaneous release). Finally getting around to this and deciding what to buy.

Seeing specs for many of the US discs over at Blu-ray.com but not for the non-US ones. US ones all appear to be only BD-66s, UK don't mention, although the Skywalker Saga set does say those are all BD-66s, so I suppose they could just be the same.

US bitrates reported as:
- Episode I - 44.78
- Episode III - 43.84
- Episode IV - 47.81
- Episode V - 49.89
- Rogue One - 46.65
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

I've only got IV V and VI individually purchased UK versions and the reported bitrates (MediaInfo) are:

IV - 47.8 Mb/s
V - 49.7 Mb/s
VI - 42.0 Mb/s

From memory there were only three main feature playlists on the disc, each having different start credits written in EN FR and DE languages.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Thanks! Sounds like they're pretty much the same then, maybe just some minor variation as for which localizations of the intros were done.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
dividido

Post by dividido »

Jango8 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 am
Looks like I found the culprit.
I am using a Unifi USG router. I have some Geo blocking in place. The Russian Federation was blocked. the keys pulled by Make MKV are coming from an IP located in Russia. I removed the block on Russia and restarted and now my rips are working.

Hope this helps some
Thanks this was the fix for me! Kudos.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

I ordered the whole lot of them from Best Buy. I'm pretty new at this and the only ones I've had issues with were bad discs.Funny but the ones I had that wouldn't rip would play in my Oppo maybe a defect I didn't see while watching but hung up the rip. It weird nothing looks scratched but when I get a new one it works. From reading this thread there is a good chance I may have a few issues. I have to rip all 11 movies within 2 weeks or I may have issue with Best Buy's return, I'm thinking.

It's doubtful I'm going to be able to watch more than a few in 2 weeks So as long as the main title (800) will rip without errors I should have a good disc and no need to force myself to watch them all.

Oh and BB has the individual movies for half off $15 for each and $19 for the last jedi.
A.RABID.BUFFALO

Post by A.RABID.BUFFALO »

ghost rider wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:45 pm
I ordered the whole lot of them from Best Buy. I'm pretty new at this and the only ones I've had issues with were bad discs.Funny but the ones I had that wouldn't rip would play in my Oppo maybe a defect I didn't see while watching but hung up the rip. It weird nothing looks scratched but when I get a new one it works. From reading this thread there is a good chance I may have a few issues. I have to rip all 11 movies within 2 weeks or I may have issue with Best Buy's return, I'm thinking.

It's doubtful I'm going to be able to watch more than a few in 2 weeks So as long as the main title (800) will rip without errors I should have a good disc and no need to force myself to watch them all.

Oh and BB has the individual movies for half off $15 for each and $19 for the last jedi.
You could try cleaning the discs, glasses cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Most discs still have chemical residue on them from the factory, and I know for a fact when they come in those cardboard slips (don't get me started on them) they are more likely to have issues ripping. But the collectors set for sure had a bad run, I had to return my 1st set to Best Buy wouldn't rip or play in any Blu Ray player I had.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

A.RABID.BUFFALO wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 pm
ghost rider wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:45 pm

You could try cleaning the discs, glasses cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Most discs still have chemical residue on them from the factory, and I know for a fact when they come in those cardboard slips (don't get me started on them) they are more likely to have issues ripping. But the collectors set for sure had a bad run, I had to return my 1st set to Best Buy wouldn't rip or play in any Blu Ray player I had.
A new hope just completed, with a couple sync errors. I guess it's ok.
a new hope.jpg
a new hope.jpg (267.13 KiB) Viewed 49989 times
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Empire strikes back failed and Return of the jedi had 8 of those audio skew errors but it finished.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

I cleaned return of the jedi again this time with a dawn and warm water. I got the same errors. Is this a bad disc?
Attachments
ROJ.png
ROJ.png (201.4 KiB) Viewed 49899 times
A.RABID.BUFFALO

Post by A.RABID.BUFFALO »

ghost rider wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:51 pm
I cleaned return of the jedi again this time with a dawn and warm water. I got the same errors. Is this a bad disc?
Do you have advance settings enabled? Turn those off and see if you see the same error messages.