GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
scorp508

Re: GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Post by scorp508 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Is this tool being maintained?

Trying to use it on Total Recall 4K, which has 00021.mpls and 00022.mpls, both 59.2GB and 1:53:16 length. Normally I use VLC + ProcMon to identify the correctly playlist, but VLC is struggling to open the disc even though MakeMKV is opening it happily.

I point GetMPLS at the .\BDMV\Playlist directory, then it starts and after a few seconds displays 'canceled by user' even though I've not touched the controls.

Thank you.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

scorp508 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:14 pm
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Is this tool being maintained?

Trying to use it on Total Recall 4K, which has 00021.mpls and 00022.mpls, both 59.2GB and 1:53:16 length. Normally I use VLC + ProcMon to identify the correctly playlist, but VLC is struggling to open the disc even though MakeMKV is opening it happily.

I point GetMPLS at the .\BDMV\Playlist directory, then it starts and after a few seconds displays 'canceled by user' even though I've not touched the controls.

Thank you.
No. It doesn't work with all movie discs either. You are using a decrypted folder as the source? "To use GetMPLS, just click "Source" or drag 'n' drop your decrypted BD / UHD folder onto the textbox."

My Total Recall UHD disc has playlist 00010.mpls and 00021.mpls and for me, 00010.mpls is the correct one. If you're in the USA, then go with 00021.mpls.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am
Hi guys,

I have created a little app to help when we are unable to find the correct playlist for our BD's & UHD's called GetMPLS. GetMPLS works with decrypted BD / UHD folders and uses eac3to (included) and ffmpeg (included) for folder analysis.

System requirements to use GetMPLS are:
  • Windows PC
  • .net framework 4.7.2 or higher

To use GetMPLS, just click "Source" or drag 'n' drop your decrypted BD / UHD folder onto the textbox. After a few moments, GetMPLS will:
  • advise you of the recommended playlist
  • show you all playlists longer than 15 minutes
  • show you the segment map/order for each playlist
  • color in blue any m2ts files that may differ and appear in only 1 playlist

Most of the time, the correct playlist is recommended. Occasionally,it get's it wrong but since the differing m2ts files are colored blue and are in order, it is far quicker & easier to check some of those m2ts files to determine the correct playlist.

For example:

This pic shows an incorrect playlist has been recommended.
GetMPLS-wrong-playlist-recommended.jpg

In this pic, I played the first blue m2ts file (00075.m2ts) from the incorrect recommended playlist (00801.mpls) and can see that it is in a foreign language.
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-1.jpg

In this pic, I played the first blue m2ts file (00056.m2ts) from another playlist. As you can see,this file is in English, so for me, I can see that playlist 00004.mpls is the correct one. It also happens to be 30 seconds shorter.
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-2.jpg

As I said earlier, it does get it right most of the time, but if at any time you are unsure that the correct playlist has been recommended, just start checking the blue m2ts files and you will figure out the correct one in no time.

So feel free to give it a try. If it helps you out at all, please consider making a small donation by clicking the "Donate with Paypal" button within the GetMPLS application.

Any questions, issues etc, please contact me.

UPDATE 22/03/2020:
  • I have added a timer to show you the elapsed time.
  • I have added a "CANCEL" function. The 'SOURCE' button becomes the 'CANCEL' button once the procedure starts.
  • I have also added an automatic, timed cancel, set for 2 minutes. This should be ample time for GetMPLS to complete it's process. Unfortunately, if for some reason GetMPLS is unable to recommend a playlist or times out, it is due to ffmpeg read issues, which are out of my control.

UPDATE 25/03/2020:
  • A few minor code adjustments to stop GetMPLS from crashing on folders created from discs containing screenpass. (Thanks to SamuriHL for the assistance.)

Screenpass is really hit & miss (mostly miss) at this stage but you still at least end up with a list of all playlists (with m2ts segment in order).

I have tested GetMPLS on approximately 60 decrypted UHD folders and 20 decrypted BD folders, and none of them took more than 30 seconds. (Most of them took less than 5 seconds.)

The download link and hash checks have been updated.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7m6tqd9 ... S.zip/file

Hash Checks:
GetMPLS.exe:

CRC-32 = 749FC1C8
SHA-1 = CA832F15CA53E119B78989A62627D1F93F31F4E8
MD-5 = 1205BAA3ADDC94570E077597DEF21C30

Zip file:

CRC-32 = 320C227B
SHA-1 = E51998FFA5AE3B885D7F8005530D226C3845AD7F
MD-5 = 41E132FB28DBB03650EA9E0A9EB61DF1
Well Done Marty. I have been asked numerous times about an easy way to find main movie titles, etc....

Looks like you have made it a lot easier.

Great work again from your good self.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:57 pm
No. It doesn't work with all movie discs either. You are using a decrypted folder as the source? "To use GetMPLS, just click "Source" or drag 'n' drop your decrypted BD / UHD folder onto the textbox."

My Total Recall UHD disc has playlist 00010.mpls and 00021.mpls and for me, 00010.mpls is the correct one. If you're in the USA, then go with 00021.mpls.
Ah, the "decrypted" part is likely where I goofed. :oops: Funny how one word can make so much difference. ;) I can try first making a full disc backup via MakeMKV and try again to confirm.

A simple reboot did enable VLC able to open/play the disc, and yes 00021.mpls was the correct one for me in the US to grab. Thank you. :)
RobTi

Post by RobTi »

cancelled by user on all my rips and just tried the full crouching tiger hidden dragon and same result, i run makemkv and all files extracted into a folder but same result, any help for a newbie please ?
Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

RobTi wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:46 pm
cancelled by user on all my rips and just tried the full crouching tiger hidden dragon and same result, i run makemkv and all files extracted into a folder but same result, any help for a newbie please ?
Thanks
You are doing a full disc backup first, aren't you? Click the folder button in the top menu then ensure the "decrypt" checkbox is checked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
RobTi

Post by RobTi »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:04 pm
RobTi wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:46 pm
Thanks
You are doing a full disc backup first, aren't you? Click the folder button in the top menu then ensure the "decrypt" checkbox is checked.
Sorry, no i was doing a full rip and then trying to scan my ripped folder, so file/backup and select decrypt then scan this folder when completed ?
Thanks
Nucleus

Post by Nucleus »

RobTi wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 am
Sorry, no i was doing a full rip and then trying to scan my ripped folder, so file/backup and select decrypt then scan this folder when completed ?
Thanks
Full disc rip. See numbered: 1-2-3

When ripped, point GetMPLS at the ripped folder.

I also posted a guide of the Process Monitor method for you in the other thread.
Last edited by Nucleus on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows:
Identifying The Correct Title To Rip: Process Monitor Method - GetMPLS Method
Mux/Remux: Set A Subtitle Stream On By Default (Forced)
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

A very simple method is to rip to folder and then use CloneBD from Redfox. Unless you are compressing video all functions of the program are free and you don't have to purchase it. You can extract the main movie and it offers also an internal player so if there are a couple of similar choices you can preview them.
RobTi

Post by RobTi »

decrypt box ticked but greyed out , mpls doesnt find the backup, windows finds it where it should be, drag and drop reports cancelled by user, was working before i but did a clean os install weeks back.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
ruder

Post by ruder »

Hello MartyMcNuts, GetMPLS is a great tool, thanks for that.

The only thing is, 'drag & drop'ping the folder in the textbox, works only as long as in the path there are no spaces.
e.g.
F:\BD\Hitchcock\Rebecca works !
"F:\BD\Hitchcock\Rear Window" works not !

If you could fix this, it would be very much appreciated, because using the old "Open folder..." dialog is a nightmare.

Thank you
ruder
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ruder wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 pm
Hello MartyMcNuts, GetMPLS is a great tool, thanks for that.

The only thing is, 'drag & drop'ping the folder in the textbox, works only as long as in the path there are no spaces.
e.g.
F:\BD\Hitchcock\Rebecca works !
"F:\BD\Hitchcock\Rear Window" works not !

If you could fix this, it would be very much appreciated, because using the old "Open folder..." dialog is a nightmare.

Thank you
ruder
Nope. Just make sure there aren't any spaces in the path.