AACS 2.1 support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mike admin

AACS 2.1 support

Post by mike admin »

Starting from version 1.14.6 MakeMKV fully supports AACS2.1 discs - both in "Make MKV" and in "decrypted backup" mode. When making a decrypted backup, MakeMKV will convert FMTS files into M2TS and will patch all related metadata in *.clpi and *.mpls files, thus "converting" the FM-enabled disc into a regular one.

If you are opening an AACS 2.1 disc and still getting an decryption error, then make sure to re-send produced AACS dump made by MakeMKV 1.14.6 or later. Depending on the disc, the dump may reach as well as 100 Megabytes, so please use a file-sharing service to send the file.
midnighwatcher

Re: AACS 2.1 support

Post by midnighwatcher »

Awesome! Decrypting Fury now!
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Mike, thank you!
I just bought Stand by Me yesterday, sent in my dump to SVQ, came here to see if anyone had started a thread, and then realized that apparently I got really lucky given that this was the first AACS 2.1 movie I had tried to dump... just 1-day before 1.14.6 was released.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@mike admin, FYI

I have successfully decrypted my Fury UHD to a Folder using MakeMV. Yay!!

The movie looks fine when played directly from the decrypted folder....

Now, when I try to use eac3to to read 00001.m2ts (formerly FMTS) I get the error: The format of the source file could not be detected.

I also tried to use CloneBD on the decrypted folder and keep getting errors. It appears that other programs don't like the converted m2ts. It makes me wonder if there is some glitch when creating the m2ts?

Here is a 30 second sample.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4c5h76ga ... e.zip/file

Any ideas??
Last edited by MartyMcNuts on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
demariners

Post by demariners »

Charlies Angels does not encrypt.

Where do I send the Dump file?
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

demariners wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 am
Where do I send the Dump file?
support@makemkv.com
Good Luck :)

Post by MartyMcNuts »

I have also successfully decrypted my Zombieland UHD to a Folder using MakeMV.

The movie looks fine when played directly from the decrypted folder.... I watched 1 minute and didn't notice any glitches or artifacts.

Now, when I try to use eac3to to read 00001.m2ts (formerly FMTS) I get the same error as with Fury: The format of the source file could not be detected.

I used ffmpeg to encode a couple of minutes and it too is glitchy and has artifacts.

Not sure what to make of this....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I've tried to create a protected backup ISO of my Fury UHD disc and mounted the relative image on virtual drive.

MakeMKV seems to decrypt disc but when it starts to decrypt and check hash integrity of M2TS files, says that
00001.M2TS (which has the real .FMTS extension) has some errors and the relative file is corrupted.

This is not happening if I decrypt if from the physical disk, so it seems my ISO is not good, but I've created it
twice and check both image files with total commander (SHA1) and they both have same checksum.

I've also noticed that during the decryption process the ripping speed sometimes seems to stop and run again and this
process continues until the relative FMTS (or renamed M2TS) is 100% copied/decrypted.

I've assumed that there is some background process which converts FMTS file into M2TS being the FMTS encrypted in a
different way (I suppose) instead of the classic AACS 2.0 titles.

I'll do more test to investigate this issue and be able to "simulate" MartyMcNuts issues with eac3to or ffmpeg.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Now, when I try to use eac3to to read 00001.m2ts (formerly FMTS) I get the error: The format of the source file could not be detected.
I also tried to use CloneBD on the decrypted folder and keep getting errors. It appears that other programs don't like the converted m2ts. It makes me wonder if there is some glitch when creating the m2ts?
Converting FMTS to M2TS produces some "junk" areas - formerly encrypted data the have to be discarded. MakeMKV currently inserts zero sectors (and this is a valid padding mechanism according to the spec). Apparently other software chokes on these zero sectors.

Inserting zero sectors (over inserting TS padding packets) was a deliberate decision, and apparently it was wrong...
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

mike admin wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Converting FMTS to M2TS produces some "junk" areas - formerly encrypted data the have to be discarded. MakeMKV currently inserts zero sectors (and this is a valid padding mechanism according to the spec). Apparently other software chokes on these zero sectors.

Inserting zero sectors (over inserting TS padding packets) was a deliberate decision, and apparently it was wrong...
Ok. Let us know when you change that and I'll re-rip the discs then try eac3to, ffmpeg and CloneBD again.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 am
Ok. Let us know when you change that and I'll re-rip the discs then try eac3to, ffmpeg and CloneBD again.
I would appreciate if anyone can actually run this test - take the M2TS file, remove all zero-sectors from it, and see if it changes anything...
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

@Mike

How could we know where zero-sectors are written inside a 70 Gb FMTS file size ???

Or am I missing something ? :D
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

@Mike,

great success to beat AACS2.1!!!!!

But also like TerryRaspin I think that unfortunately the task is on your side. Putting in these zero sectors make the M2TS files incompatible with all software that's out there. Padding is needed instead. Hope you understand and hope you will refine Makemkv in a next step accordingly.

Thanks a bunch!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 pm
But also like TerryRaspin I think that unfortunately the task is on your side. Putting in these zero sectors make the M2TS files incompatible with all software that's out there.
Fair enough. Please PM or email me if you can test it on windows.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Thanks @mike,

personally I don't have any AACS2.1 dics. I guess Marty or Teddy will react. Keep the good work up!