AACS 2.1 support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
hernanez

Re: AACS 2.1 support

Post by hernanez »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:16 pm
The mkv file format doesn't cover all features anymore that are available on UHD discs today. Especially DolbyVison and HDR.
What doesn't mkv cover in HDR? DolbyVision is the only HDR variation that mkv can't handle. Nor does anything else pretty much (mp4 with limitations) and almost no streamer handles DV, even not all TV brands handle it.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

For those who really want an unprotected ISO using MakeMKV:

Code: Select all

@echo off
set backup_dir=D:\Video\BACKUP
set DEST=D:\ISO
set drive=g:

for /f "tokens=1-5*" %%1 in ('vol %drive%') do (
  set vol=%%6 & goto done
)
:done
echo Found: %vol%
mkdir %backup_dir%\%vol%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" backup --decrypt --cache=16 --noscan -r --progress=-same disc:1 %backup_dir%\%vol%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%backup_dir%\%vol%" /DEST "%DEST%\%vol%.ISO" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%vol%" /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START
The first couple lines just set some directories used for the backup folder, destination for your ISO, and the drive letter to get the volume name from.

Then we retrieve the volume name from the drive letter you specified.

Next it creates the backup directory for the disc and launches MakeMKV command line to create an unprotected backup folder.

Once that's done, ImgBurn is launched to create the volumename.iso in your DEST folder. I didn't add cleanup to the script but you could add:

rmdir %backup_dir%\%vol% /s /q

to the end of the script to delete the backup folder when it's done. That'll give you a clean unprotected ISO image.

P.S. You need to update the disc:1 parameter in the makemkvcon64 line to match the disc number for your drive. It's 0 based with 0 being the first drive, 1 being the second, etc.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

Coopervid wrote:@mike admin,

I mentioned this already in various unrelated other posts. The mkv file format doesn't cover all features anymore that are available on UHD discs today. Especially DolbyVison and HDR. Therefore I use makemkv only to decrypt UHDs and copy to folder w/o converting to mkv. My opinion is that this aspect that wasn't present in the past but should also move in your focus in the future. ISO support in Makemkv (protected and unprotected / read and write) is something you should really think about for that reason. Anyway -just my humble thoughts and it's always up to you what you think has priority for your software.
So much here is non sense!
MakeMKV handles HDR10 and HDR10+ perfectly, there is no decoder for dolby vision outside of a licensed bluray player, the Mp4 route i believe is single layer only.

So if you want Dolby Vision get a Oppo UDP, jailbreak it and play you DV rips.

If The mkv format doesnt cover your needs then why not use another product that does!
yorick

Post by yorick »

hernanez wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:45 am
Coopervid wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:16 pm
The mkv file format doesn't cover all features anymore that are available on UHD discs today. Especially DolbyVison and HDR.
What doesn't mkv cover in HDR? DolbyVision is the only HDR variation that mkv can't handle. Nor does anything else pretty much (mp4 with limitations) and almost no streamer handles DV, even not all TV brands handle it.
I think he meant it in a Boolean fashion: (DolbyVision AND HDR), as in, both together. As you say, DV is the HDR variation that mkv can't handle, for good reason.

To state that neither DolbyVision nor HDR are supported would be (DolbyVision OR HDR) in the original sentence.

Yay for uber-geeks who use Boolean logic in everyday language ...
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Yeah - makemkv has the option to back up the whole folder which retains also DV.

It would be nice if makemkv would have the option to do protected ISOs of non-supported discs w/o invoking 3rd party programs. Otherwise I'm happy with it even not using the .mkv functionality.
sss2k

Post by sss2k »

Trying to access the movie "your name", its the 4kuhd edition with aacs 2.1, mkv has trouble decrypting it.
added the dump file as an attachment.

my other question is:
why does makemkv say this?; https://i.imgur.com/Uqe3kdq.png
is there a problem with my bd reader? do i need a different one?
Attachments
MKB20_v60_君の名は。 ULTRA_HD_3F1D.tgz
dump file
(80.72 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

sss2k wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 am
Trying to access the movie "your name", its the 4kuhd edition with aacs 2.1, mkv has trouble decrypting it.

my other question is:
Can't find anything related to the drive ID, but assuming it's a Pioneer drive capable of UHD, it's NOT 'friendly'... currently unsupported by MakeMKV. Upside, the status indicates "it MIGHT be supported in future" for LibreDrive features.

Ultimate UHD Drives Guide Updated 2019
spl147

Post by spl147 »

sss2k wrote: my other question is:
A quick search reveals, Pioneer drives are not and most likely will never be supported
sss2k

Post by sss2k »

d00zah wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:39 pm
sss2k wrote:

my other question is:
Can't find anything related to the drive ID, but assuming it's a Pioneer drive capable of UHD, it's NOT 'friendly'... currently unsupported by MakeMKV. Upside, the status indicates "it MIGHT be supported in future" for LibreDrive features.

Do you know where i have to send my dump file to? i just ordered the "ASUS BW-16D1HT" so i wanna be able to watch the movie with that.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

sss2k wrote:
d00zah wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:39 pm
sss2k wrote:

my other question is:

Do you know where i have to send my dump file to? i just ordered the "ASUS BW-16D1HT" so i wanna be able to watch the movie with that.
Huh? The dump from a disc with volume key unknown?
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

Hi guys,

I had backed up Fury last year as a full encrypted back up. How can I do a decrypted full back up from that, when I select BDMV index file or discatt.dat file, I can only get a MakeMKV option instead of a full decrypted backup. I do full backups to be playable by network disc player in my case the Oppo 203 with full menu functionality.

Thanks.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

You can't. You can only currently make mkv backups from encrypted folder backups.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

xmenw wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:27 am
Hi guys,

I had backed up Fury last year as a full encrypted back up. How can I do a decrypted full back up from that, when I select BDMV index file or discatt.dat file, I can only get a MakeMKV option instead of a full decrypted backup. I do full backups to be playable by network disc player in my case the Oppo 203 with full menu functionality.

Thanks.
You can do the roundabout way of creating an iso from the encrypted folder back with imgburn, mount the iso with virtual clonedrive, and then create a decrypted backup with makemkv from that virtual drive. I've done it a couple time with some of the full encrypted backups I had.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I feared that might be the case, this is on a Debian server with docker containers for everything, I'll see if this can be done or maybe do it on my Mac. Thank you!
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

spl147 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 am

MakeMKV handles HDR10 and HDR10+ perfectly, there is no decoder for dolby vision outside of a licensed bluray player, the Mp4 route i believe is single layer only.

So if you want Dolby Vision get a Oppo UDP, jailbreak it and play you DV rips.

I have the Oppo. Jail break it? More info please. Did not think it needed that as user created media plays just fine (??)