AACS 2.1 support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
xmenw

Re: AACS 2.1 support

Post by xmenw »

It seems like Charlie's Angels (2000) is AACS 2.1, I was able to successfully back up the disc, my oppo 203 bring up the menu, and when I start playing the movie, the player is unable to play the movie, and I'm stuck at the black screen.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? This is my first decrypted backup for a full disc with AACE 2.1

EDIT: This is an error on my side, I had reinstalled MakeMKV and I believe the decrypt backup option was unchecked, doing it again and will report back.
xunil76

Post by xunil76 »

OK, so I just spent the last couple hours reading this entire thread (and trying to understand only the relevant info for me), in order to create a backup of my Zombieland AACS2.1 4K UHD disc that I recently purchased (the steelbook version containing both the 4K UHD and the 1080p blu-ray copies), and I "think" I have the process down for what I'm trying to do, but I just wanted to double-check first. I want to create an ISO image of the disc first (forget about the 'why', that part is not important for this discussion), then I will run that ISO image through MakeMKV in order to rip out only the main movie (for now), which I can then use to encode the movie before storing it on my Media Server NAS. Please let me know if these steps will work, if I'm missing any steps, or any steps are incorrect:

1) Put the 4K UHD disc into the drive and let the drive/O.S. do the initial read of the disc
2) Open MakeMKV, select the correct drive (if you have multiple drives like I do, and "Ask for single drive mode" is enabled), then once it has detected that the disc is in the drive, press the "drive button" in an attempt to read the contents of the disc (which will fail if it is using AACS 2.1)
3) Ensure that after pressing the button to read the disc, the status text says "Using LibreDrive mode (v06.x id=xxxxxxxx)" (which indicates that LibreDrive access has been enabled), and "Using direct disc access mode" (indicating that bus encryption has been disabled)
4) Open ISO image creation software of your choice (in my case, ImgBurn) and create an ISO image of the disc in that drive, which "should" be bit-perfect to the disc, minus any bus encryption data.
5) Mount the resulting ISO image, then open that virtual drive using MakeMKV to have it decrypt the titles and allow ripping of the main title to .mkv format, ready for encoding.

I've attached a screenshot of what needs to be done in step 2) to enabled LibreDrive mode, as well as exactly what to look for in step 3); it is required that this information be seen before any ISO being created will be worth anything.
One question...does this MakeMKV window need to remain open while creating the ISO image, or will LibreDrive mode/direct disc mode remain active until such time as the disc has been ejected? (the way I understand it, the latter is the case, and MakeMKV can be closed after getting those messages, but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Screenshot for step 2):
Enabling LibreDrive Mode Via GUI.png
Enabling LibreDrive Mode Via GUI.png (60.77 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
Screenshot for step 3):
LibreDrive Mode Enabled.png
LibreDrive Mode Enabled.png (11.31 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
If the above is all correct, then there is something wrong, because MakeMKV is not able to decrypt the data from the resulting ISO image file. I'm using Daemon Tools Lite to mount the ISO image. I get the following when MakeMKV tries to read the virtual disc (latest version of DVDFab is also unable to decrypt it):
MakeMKV Decryption Error.png
MakeMKV Decryption Error.png (38.04 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
xunil76

Post by xunil76 »

also, the attached screenshot is what I get when I try to load the ISO image file directly, without taking the intermediate step of mounting in Daemon Tools Lite first:
MakeMKV Decryption Error (Direct ISO Access).png
MakeMKV Decryption Error (Direct ISO Access).png (6.01 KiB) Viewed 16026 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

xunil76 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:20 am
OK, so I just spent the last couple hours reading this entire thread (and trying to understand only the relevant info for me), in order to create a backup of my Zombieland AACS2.1 4K UHD disc that I recently purchased (the steelbook version containing both the 4K UHD and the 1080p blu-ray copies), and I "think" I have the process down for what I'm trying to do, but I just wanted to double-check first. I want to create an ISO image of the disc first (forget about the 'why', that part is not important for this discussion), then I will run that ISO image through MakeMKV in order to rip out only the main movie (for now), which I can then use to encode the movie before storing it on my Media Server NAS. Please let me know if these steps will work, if I'm missing any steps, or any steps are incorrect:

1) Put the 4K UHD disc into the drive and let the drive/O.S. do the initial read of the disc
2) Open MakeMKV, select the correct drive (if you have multiple drives like I do, and "Ask for single drive mode" is enabled), then once it has detected that the disc is in the drive, press the "drive button" in an attempt to read the contents of the disc (which will fail if it is using AACS 2.1)
3) Ensure that after pressing the button to read the disc, the status text says "Using LibreDrive mode (v06.x id=xxxxxxxx)" (which indicates that LibreDrive access has been enabled), and "Using direct disc access mode" (indicating that bus encryption has been disabled)
4) Open ISO image creation software of your choice (in my case, ImgBurn) and create an ISO image of the disc in that drive, which "should" be bit-perfect to the disc, minus any bus encryption data.
5) Mount the resulting ISO image, then open that virtual drive using MakeMKV to have it decrypt the titles and allow ripping of the main title to .mkv format, ready for encoding.

I've attached a screenshot of what needs to be done in step 2) to enabled LibreDrive mode, as well as exactly what to look for in step 3); it is required that this information be seen before any ISO being created will be worth anything.
One question...does this MakeMKV window need to remain open while creating the ISO image, or will LibreDrive mode/direct disc mode remain active until such time as the disc has been ejected? (the way I understand it, the latter is the case, and MakeMKV can be closed after getting those messages, but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Screenshot for step 2):

Screenshot for step 3):

If the above is all correct, then there is something wrong, because MakeMKV is not able to decrypt the data from the resulting ISO image file. I'm using Daemon Tools Lite to mount the ISO image. I get the following when MakeMKV tries to read the virtual disc (latest version of DVDFab is also unable to decrypt it):
It looks like there is no VUK for your disc version. Please submit the AACS dump file that was created. I also suggest you read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20549
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
xunil76

Post by xunil76 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:15 am
xunil76 wrote:

Screenshot for step 2):

Screenshot for step 3):

It looks like there is no VUK for your disc version. Please submit the AACS dump file that was created. I also suggest you read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20549
dump file submitted...does my methodology look correct, though? just want to make sure i'm not missing anything.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

xunil76 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:05 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:15 am
xunil76 wrote:

Screenshot for step 2):

Screenshot for step 3):

dump file submitted...does my methodology look correct, though? just want to make sure i'm not missing anything.
Yeah, although step 2 shouldn't fail as MakeMKV is compatible with AACS 2.1. There are only certain versions of Zombieland UHD that there aren't yet VUK's for. I'm not sure if yours is one of those versions or not.

The other way to do it is to use MakeMKV to rip the disc to a decrypted folder, then if you need an iso, create the iso from the decrypted folder.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
binaryflow

Post by binaryflow »

Are those Zombieland versions supported now? I want to buy it.

outlier

Post by outlier »

binaryflow wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:52 am
Are those Zombieland versions supported now? I want to buy it.
My Zombieland still doesn’t work (dump file was previously submitted).
Matti

Post by Matti »

I submitted dump for my copy of Zombieland.
MKB21_v70_Zombieland_0C04.tgz

It was >20mb in size, so the only way I could sent is from Gmail was as a Google Drive link. Wondering if that is fine? Do not really have an email account that could send files that large directly.
patpro

Post by patpro »

Here is the AACS dump for Titanic 4K UHD that was recently released.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing