Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jeremybrice

Re: Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Post by jeremybrice »

LGans316 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:07 am
Am I right to say that this issue is limited to the International UHD and not the one released in the Americas?

I ripped Zombieland Double Tap yesterday and was thinking of ripping the first part today.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
The one I'm having trouble with was bought at Walmart in the US.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

LGans316 wrote:
Am I right to say that this issue is limited to the International UHD and not the one released in the Americas?

I ripped Zombieland Double Tap yesterday and was thinking of ripping the first part today.

No you are not right in saying it. I bought at Amazon US on Black Friday. I think there was a second pressing or something and that's when this issue started.
LGans316

Post by LGans316 »

olevelo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:17 pm
LGans316 wrote:

No you are not right in saying it. I bought at Amazon US on Black Friday. I think there was a second pressing or something and that's when this issue started.
Ah okay, Never knew that. Sorry.
djj82

Post by djj82 »

Still can't get my US copy to rip either. Understand there may have been a 2nd pressing. Can we please get this fixed? I've uploaded the hash multiple times already but no response and no fix in multiple version updates since.
Bluntman

Post by Bluntman »

So strange. My Canadian copy rips like a dream there must be something more afoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Timmmmah

Post by Timmmmah »

I am having same issue. Movie bought thru amazon and dump has been sent.
thinksinc

Post by thinksinc »

Same here. I've tried ripping Zombieland UHD multiple times. Have submitted a dump twice to svq@makemkv.com but it's still not supported. I also use DeUHD as an option on the rare occasion MakeMKV doesn't work, and generally their turnaround time is about a day to add a disc to their database. Strangely, after a couple of weeks, they have not added the title to their database either (assuming I also have the second pressing, since the first version is listed as being supported).

Hopefully Mike can get this added soon?
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

Just got a copy from Amazon with AACS 2.1. I'm using a Libre Drive enabled drive, and it will no open either in Open Disc mode, or in order to rip titles. I thought LibreDrive was suppose to circumvent this?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Then you thought incorrectly as to what LibreDrive does. :) LibreDrive is not "Magic AACS Be Gone(tm)". :D LibreDrive does not touch the AACS protected data at all. And AACS 2.1 adds a whole new level of decryption fun to the game. That's why the dumps need to be sent to svq at makemkv dot com so that Mike can add support for them. And with AACS 2.1 it's more involved than just generating a title key and calling it a day. Which I suspect is why it may take longer.
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

Okay understood, I just submitted my log.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

jamisonia wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:55 pm
Okay understood, I just submitted my log.
Log? I hope you meant dump file?
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

Whatever MKB21_v70_Zombieland_1C8D.tgz was. I thought that's what I was supposed to send.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

jamisonia wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Whatever MKB21_v70_Zombieland_1C8D.tgz was. I thought that's what I was supposed to send.
That's the dump file. Just checkin'.
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

Cool, hopefully it'll be resolved soon. Seems like its an issue of multiple kinds of Zombieland discs out there. I've seen some people successfully rip, and others not. I'm curious has anybody had a disc that wouldn't rip at first be able to rip later?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Technically anyone who was successful in ripping an AACS 2.x title was at first unsuccessful in that this is how the process works. I think you mean after the first batch of discs were supported when AACS 2.1 support was released and the answer to that is I don't believe so. I suspect there's a lot of work Mike has to go through to support them so it might be a while to wait.