Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
st4evr

Re: Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Post by st4evr »

olevelo wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:16 pm
Does anyone else have a version of Zombieland that won't decrypt? I have the latest version of MakeMKV but it gives me a dump and says "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted". I sent the dump in 10 days ago but haven't heard anything...in the past the discs were usually added within a couple days with no response. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.
As mentioned/instructed by Mike himself in this pinned thread regarding AACS 2.1 titles:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=21014

The file dumps for these may be large. So, how big is the file? If it's too large to email, follow the instruction from Mike as noted in that very first post. As he may not be getting the file if it's too large.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

olevelo wrote:
Does anyone else have a version of Zombieland that won't decrypt? I have the latest version of MakeMKV but it gives me a dump and says "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted". I sent the dump in 10 days ago but haven't heard anything...in the past the discs were usually added within a couple days with no response. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.
Best advice is to resend the dump ( svq@makemkv.com ). It may have inadvertently gotten lost/missed.

edit: ... or, was too large?
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

I sent it via Google Drive and it was accessed minutes after I sent it by Mike.
SSutherland1002

Post by SSutherland1002 »

I also sent a dump in a few days ago. Any updates on this front by any chance? I sent it to svq@makemkv.com but should I also send it to support@makemkv.com?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike seems to have an automated process attached to svq@makemkv.com to expedite things like hash keys. No need to send dumps to support@.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
djj82

Post by djj82 »

olevelo wrote:
Had the same issue again today 1/10. I thought AACS2.1 was supported in the latest MakeMKV and Zombieland was already a supported title. Sent in the dump, lets see what happens!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

djj82 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:52 am
olevelo wrote:
Had the same issue again today 1/10. I thought AACS2.1 was supported in the latest MakeMKV and Zombieland was already a supported title. Sent in the dump, lets see what happens!
Apparently there are some "different" Zombieland discs out there. What kind of disc do you have? Anything special about it? Where did you get it from?
nickelmouse

Post by nickelmouse »

I just discovered the same problem/error. Shouldn't be anything special about mine---US version purchased from a Best Buy.

EDIT: and that friends, is why you don't get lazy with updates. Latest update had everything solved within seconds.
Dveus

Post by Dveus »

Also having issue with reading disk.

"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

Sent dump file
SSutherland1002

nickelmouse wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:59 am
I just discovered the same problem/error. Shouldn't be anything special about mine---US version purchased from a Best Buy.

EDIT: and that friends, is why you don't get lazy with updates. Latest update had everything solved within seconds.
While I support your update idea 1000%, because I have the exact same mentality for everything except Plex Media Server, that didn't work for me unfortunately. It makes no sense that Sony picked Zombieland UHD of all things to start diversifying their encryption keys on. At least pick something new, not a remastered, almost decade old movie
djj82

Post by djj82 »

mike admin wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm
djj82 wrote:
olevelo wrote:
Apparently there are some "different" Zombieland discs out there. What kind of disc do you have? Anything special about it? Where did you get it from?
Hi Mike,
Sorry for the late reply, I also got mine from Best Buy during the black friday sale this year. Nothing special about it from what I can tell. UPC # 043396548152 on the outside of the case. Numbers on the inside rim of the disc are (1101488) USDL 032900 01E 010001 if this helps or is meaningful to anyone.
SSutherland1002

Is anyone else still having trouble ripping their copy? I have the latest version, just watched it pull the latest HK file, and still have an unknown volume key error :(
djj82

Post by djj82 »

Same problem here still too :'-(

Downloading latest HK to D:/MakeMKV ...
Saved AACS dump file as D:/MakeMKV/MKB21_v70_Zombieland_1C8D.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
SSutherland1002

djj82 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 pm
Same problem here still too :'-(

Downloading latest HK to D:/MakeMKV ...
Saved AACS dump file as D:/MakeMKV/MKB21_v70_Zombieland_1C8D.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
Yours has the same last 4 characters as mine! Wonder if that means ours came from the same original source and they're having a problem decrypting that one
djj82

Post by djj82 »

mike admin wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm
djj82 wrote:
olevelo wrote:
Hey Mike, sorry to poke but any progress on this?