Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
noworries1968

Re: Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Post by noworries1968 »

I'm just going to keep exchanging it with Amazon until I get one that hasn't been sitting on a shelf for years....
Even my brand new player has trouble with it....
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

noworries1968 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:40 pm
I'm just going to keep exchanging it with Amazon until I get one that hasn't been sitting on a shelf for years....
Even my brand new player has trouble with it....
I think you actually do want one that has been sitting on a shelf for years as the initial release is the one that works. I bought mine the day it came out and it ripped just fine once Mike added AACS 2.1 support.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
noworries1968

Post by noworries1968 »

Wanna share it? lol
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

noworries1968 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:17 am
Wanna share it? lol
Nope.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
noworries1968

Post by noworries1968 »

😂
cdrtom0815

Post by cdrtom0815 »

Hi,

I have same issue with the disc from 4K Ultra HD 2-Movie Collection.

Dumpfile shows another suffix: MKB21_v70_Zombieland_0C04.tgz
rkhollister

Post by rkhollister »

I just received my copy of Zombieland UHD from Amazon US - standard UHD+BD, NOT the Steelbook or double feature. Decrypts and rips fine. MakeMKV indicated AACS 2.1
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

rkhollister wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:01 pm
I just received my copy of Zombieland UHD from Amazon US - standard UHD+BD, NOT the Steelbook or double feature. Decrypts and rips fine. MakeMKV indicated AACS 2.1
Can you double check the spine on the case near the bottom and check if something other than 54815 is printed on your copy. I'm not sure if when new versions come out if those numbers change or not but if it's different you would do some of us a favor by letting us know what number is printed on yours. I'm probably not the only one that has tried to buy other copies and not having much luck finding a keeper, in my case it was the steelbox copy.
rkhollister

Post by rkhollister »

TheCrazyCanuck wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:25 pm
rkhollister wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:01 pm
Can you double check the spine on the case near the bottom and check if something other than 54815 is printed on your copy. I'm not sure if when new versions come out if those numbers change or not but if it's different you would do some of us a favor by letting us know what number is printed on yours. I'm probably not the only one that has tried to buy other copies and not having much luck finding a keeper, in my case it was the steelbox copy.
54815 on my copy (which worked) as well, so that's no help
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

Thank-you for checking. After reading up on those numbers, it sounds like unless the title gets remastered, those spine numbers stay the same.

Since my copy is just collecting dust I'll give Amazon a go and see if I finally strike gold :) I'll report back on how that goes.
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

My new copy of the black cover (not the steal book) UHD Zombieland is currently ripping in MakeMKV. I'm guessing the encryption was prohibitively expensive to implement or Sony got tired of people returning their copies (they are about to get one more :)).
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

olevelo wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 pm
Two years later...guess it's time to give up hope on this one.
Another 2 years later and still doesn't work. Read the latest in the thread and sounds like there are some that work now, but I'm obviously way outside my return window.
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

I also bought it last week it was a replenishment from sony (bought it from Amazon DE and the title also said replenishment so I thought they changed the Version but sadly not).
Just tried to rip zombieland and got the message volume key unknown with the following dump file: MKB21_V70_Zombieland_0C04.tgz

I had to upload it to Mediafire because the dump was to large (the raw dump was to large to send it via mail) and send the link via Mail like in the instructions.

But a few minutes ago I saw that someone also had the 0C04 Dump I can still return it but not sure if Mike the Admin can make it work or not what should I do?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Osman_28 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:41 pm
I also bought it last week it was a replenishment from sony (bought it from Amazon DE and the title also said replenishment so I thought they changed the Version but sadly not).
Just tried to rip zombieland and got the message volume key unknown with the following dump file: MKB21_V70_Zombieland_0C04.tgz

I had to upload it to Mediafire because the dump was to large (the raw dump was to large to send it via mail) and send the link via Mail like in the instructions.

But a few minutes ago I saw that someone also had the 0C04 Dump I can still return it but not sure if Mike the Admin can make it work or not what should I do?
From waaayyy back when, in this topic... & I don't believe anything has changed?
mike admin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm
There is just one version of Zombeiland (dump suffix 1C8D) that still does not work. It certainly would, eventually. Without going into much details, the reason is:

Producing a key with a "current" method would destroy some valuable data (this disc was released just for this reason).
The "new" method is not yet fully ready and needs some polishing/testing.

To some extent we are at the mercy of the studios. The moment they release a new batch of 2.1 discs, the "new" method would be activated with a side benefit of supporting this Zombieland disc.

Until then there is little point to invest just for one disc where alternative is available.

Thanks for understanding.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Someone else submitted 0C04 in October, 2022. That was after Mike posted about the version 1C8D in August, 2020. If 0C04 isn't decrypting I would guess submitting it again won't help. I would guess 0C04 falls into the same category as 1C8D, but this is just speculation on my part.