Bourne: The Ultimate Collection (UHD)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
niteflyr

Bourne: The Ultimate Collection (UHD)

Post by niteflyr »

Trying to rip the 5 discs. 3 of the 5 failed and spit out "too many hash check errors" which supposedly indicates a failing drive. I have ripped many other UHD's with this drive with no issues at all. Additionally, all 3 of these discs play properly. Anybody have any ideas?

1. The Bourne Identity
2. The Bourne Ultimatum
3. The Bourne Legacy
djj82

Re: Bourne: The Ultimate Collection (UHD)

Post by djj82 »

This probably isn't all that helpful, but I was able to rip all 5 in this collection without issue last week.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

1. Try what's dicussed here:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... ors#p75515

Additional conversations on this issue can be found through the forum search function:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... ash+errors

2. Backup/decrypt the FULL disc (full folder structure backup) to a HDD/SSD drive using that existing MakeMKV option. Attempt to create the MKV container from that backup instead of directly from the physical disc media.
davadsr

Post by davadsr »

Same problem with this 5 disc uhd box set, where every disc except the bourne ultimatum will successfully rip for me. Even tried replacing the entire set and using the new disc from it, but still no go. Spits out hash errors and fails. Both discs are brand new, clean and no scratches. Drive has ripped every other 4k disc both before and since then, without issue.

Problem with AACS on this or these discs maybe, since others are also struggling? Seems the drive is fine and the media is not the problem here....
niteflyr

Post by niteflyr »

Like you I couldn't believe it was my drive (LG) failing. It continues to work fine today. I finally tried a different (ASUS) drive and it read and ripped all of my problem discs just fine. I can't explain it. I guess some discs are just finicky.
brad2k

Post by brad2k »

I am having the same issue with this collection of discs, but in my case only "Jason Bourne" fails to read due to hash check. All the other discs read fine, as well as dozens of other 4K discs that I am in the process of ripping, so I highly doubt it is the drive (a BU40N). I tried a backup of the disc, but that also fails.