Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jayper

Re: Decryption On The Fly

Post by jayper »

Very cool, thanks for the info!
MaximRecoil

Post by MaximRecoil »

I enabled integration in MakeMKV for both VLC and MPC-HC (and for good measure, I checked the boxes for "System" and "System (32bit)" too) and VLC plays Blu-ray discs fine but MPC-HC doesn't. MPC-HC tries to access the disc for a minute or two, then stops trying for about a minute, then tries again for another minute or so, then finally says "Cannot render the file". Is there something I have to add to, or configure in, MPC-HC to make it work? Does integration for MPC-HC work for anyone else?

I've been using MPC as my all-purpose video player for about 15 years and I've never liked VLC. The only reason I downloaded it was to see if it would work with MakeMKV's integration function, and since it does work, that suggests that the problem isn't with my optical drive at least.
mattias83

Post by mattias83 »

I don't use MPC-HC, I use MPC-BE. Is there a way to get MPC-BE to use MakeMKV's libaacs.dll? Currently it plays the main feature but I can't see any option to go to the disc menu for disc navigation. VLC is working with full menus.
Andrew89898

Post by Andrew89898 »

I have recently purchased a drive and have been decrypting on the fly with MakeMKV and VLC. I’m looking to use MPC-BE and I have checked all the boxes in Makemkv integrations (mpc-be doesn’t appear) but when I try to open a disc to play it says cannot render this file.

Any ideas?
Thanks
semtexxl

Post by semtexxl »

Andrew89898 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 pm
I have recently purchased a drive and have been decrypting on the fly with MakeMKV and VLC. I’m looking to use MPC-BE and I have checked all the boxes in Makemkv integrations (mpc-be doesn’t appear) but when I try to open a disc to play it says cannot render this file.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Yes, this is exactly what I'm trying to do but not only with MPC-BE but my main video player - Potplayer. Everything just works nice in MPC-HC or VLC. With Java installed VLC can even show bluray menus which are a bit laggy or slowish but still very cool. However, VLC doesn't have very good audio output and MPC-HC is lacking HDR corrections on non-HDR displays out of the the box so madVR filters are needed to work properly with 10 bit video output without washed out colors. Is there any way how to enable libmmbd.dll libraries for other programs like Potplayer? Every single integration option within MakeMKV submenu is ticked on a system level but won't work. Any other player except MPC or VLC will only respond with “Can't render the file”. Many thanks in advance for any kind of input.
midnighwatcher

Post by midnighwatcher »

Just tried this out, MPC-BE plays back 4K discs, but without the menu. It jumps straight to the movie. Any way to enable the menu?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

midnighwatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:08 am
Just tried this out, MPC-BE plays back 4K discs, but without the menu. It jumps straight to the movie. Any way to enable the menu?
No.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com