Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

duder wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:59 am
Tried with v1.5.3 (thx again for updating it!)
With the whole file got the same mistake as above. Smth about “enough space”.
But using small cut sample from that file everything works fine!

So maybe there is a need of additional free space. A question is of what size.
Well of course, the drive you put the script folder on must have enough space. It needs at least two times the size of the input file.
proximus

Post by proximus »

Hello,

First of all excuse me for my English, I'm not English speaking at the base :)
I need your help .. I read many many pages on this forum but I remain in misunderstanding:
I'm trying to extract DV data from an MKV file, like this: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
and reinject them into an MKV file that only contains HDR10 data, like this: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Can someone give me the step by step I need to do? With what software or scripts, step by step like I was 8 years old lol

I've been trying to do this for months :(

Thanks a lot !
rophel

Post by rophel »

anyone seen any weird drastic brightness "flickering" after HDR10+ to DV? So far it's only on Nomadland, but both me an a friend converted it separately and have the same result. Basically the scene is panning across and it jumps up and down brightness dramatically in the DV version for a split second, but it is not present in the HDR layer when I view the same video on a non-DV display.

I noted down 1:06:40 in Nomadland where you can see it clearly.

Anything I should try as a fix?
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

rophel wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:20 am
Anything I should try as a fix?
Clearly the file you're using as source has incorrect metadata order.
Nothing you can do other than having access to the original retail source for the HDR10+ metadata.
realbabilu

Post by realbabilu »

proximus wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:04 am
Hello,

First of all excuse me for my English, I'm not English speaking at the base :)
I need your help .. I read many many pages on this forum but I remain in misunderstanding:
I'm trying to extract DV data from an MKV file, like this: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
and reinject them into an MKV file that only contains HDR10 data, like this: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Can someone give me the step by step I need to do? With what software or scripts, step by step like I was 8 years old lol

I've been trying to do this for months :(

Thanks a lot !
Best way is convert to dvhe 08.06 or hdr10 compatible with rpu. the profile 8.1 is compatible with mkv / mp4 container for hdr10 tv.
It already tested with donaldfaq DDVT tool above. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183479
maybe also can done it reset999 Dovi_script revised one (i will tested later).

First download donalfaq DDVT tools above
drag mkv to the DDVT_DEMUXER.cmd to extract RPU.bin (can be cropped or not, if it DDVT_INJECTOR later said rpu pixel mismatch with video, use cropped by press 5)
export as profile DV8.1 by press 4 if not
press S to Start extraction and convert rpu

Code: Select all

== SETTINGS ==

SAVE HDR BL         : [NO]
SAVE DoVI EL        : [NO]
SAVE RPU            : [YES]
CONVERT RPU         : [PROFILE 8.1 HDR]
CROP RPU            : [YES]
you will have rpu.bin in sub folder [extracted]
copy rpu.bin in sub folder into same folder as mkv file, the folder will be have mkv and rpu.bin for dv8.1
drag mkv to DDVT_INJECTOR.cmd to create 8.1 mkv
make sure it match pixels with rpu

==  VIDEO INPUT ==
Video Info = [Resolution = 3836x1600] [Codec = HEVC-10Bit-YUV-4:2:0] [Frames = 145630] [FPS = 23.976]
HDR Info   = [Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible]
Borders    = [LEFT=0 px], [TOP=0 px], [RIGHT=0 px], [BOTTOM=0 px] [MATCH WITH RPU]

== RPU INPUT ==

Filename   = [RPU.bin]
RPU Info   = [DV Profile = 8] [CM Version = 2.9] [Frames = 145630]
Borders    = [LEFT=0 px], [TOP=0 px], [RIGHT=0 px], [BOTTOM=0 px] [MATCH WITH VIDEO]
match L6 by press 2 for YES. (well i assume it needed)
create MKV directly by muxing all stream and converted 8.1 video by press 4 for YES
press S to start.

If you want to remove DV completely use DDVT_REMOVER
Drag the mkv file to DDVT_REMOVER.cmd and remove Dolby Vision metadata to yes

Video Info = [Resolution = 3836x1600] [Codec = HEVC-10Bit-YUV-4:2:0] [Frames = 145630] [FPS = 23.976]
HDR Info   = [Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible]

Remove Dolby Vision Metadata : [YES]
press S to start.
DonaldFaQ

Post by DonaldFaQ »

1. If the DV7 mkv extracted using DDVT_DEMUXER with crop off by default. i got rpu.bin that different range (rpu has 280x) as video range (0px)
so i got restarted again with DDVT_DEMUXER, crop on right?
2. When i got the rpu.bin it should be same folder as input mkv right, by using DDVT_INJECTOR to get mkv DV8, right?
3. What the best for budget DV TV: DV 8.1 or DV 8 HLG format from DV7 mkv.

*1 if you demux a P7 single layer file, you have 2 options. First, you can save the RPU only and you can crop this RPU if u will. Second, you can save the BL and the EL layer (or only BL, or only EL). If you save both layers you can build a UHD with TS-Muxer for example. If you crop the RPU and extract that binary, the RPU in the EL layer will be untouched.. Only the own extracted RPU will be edited.

*2 Yes right. If the RPU.bin in the same folder as the input file, RPU inject options will triggered. If a EL.hevc in the same folder, P7 mux settings will be triggered. if a custom.json file in the same folder, this script will be processed during the mux process. Attention! All settings from the custom.json script will be processed BEFORE the intern tool scripts processed.

*3 I don't know. I have an LG OLED TV with a Nvidia Shield pro as player and using HDR + P8. FEL Layers obsolete because no media player supports FEL playback. Exception the Oppo Player (or the clone) with files in ISO format. With this combi you can watch P7 FEL. All other players i know playbacks only MEL .
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

proximus wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:04 am
Hi, I added P7 support in Mode.I (1) in DoVi_Scripts_1.5.4.
You can Re-sync, Crop, Edit L5 (manual or auto).

ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

Thanks @RESET_9999 for the continuous work on the scripts.

Not having used them for a while, latest version (1.5.4) seems to reject work/destination folder with spaces in its name (or path). Is this by design?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

ArArdin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:37 pm
Thanks @RESET_9999 for the continuous work on the scripts.

Not having used them for a while, latest version (1.5.4) seems to reject work/destination folder with spaces in its name (or path). Is this by design?
Possibly, I never work with output or temp path that contains space or special characters so I never really test that.
I'll check it out. thanks!

EDIT: yes I know why, there are unnecessary " " for the output and temp path.
This will take a while to fix but I will.
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

Thanks for checking. No worries, no hurries.
daddy

Post by daddy »

Hi all
What will be the process to build a dual track mp4 file (dvhe.07.06 BL and a EL+RPU) from a dvhe 08.06 DV mkv file ?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

daddy wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:53 pm
Hi all
What will be the process to build a dual track mp4 file (dvhe.07.06 BL and a EL+RPU) from a dvhe 08.06 DV mkv file ?
I could be wrong but I don't think it's possible if you don't have the original EL.
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

Anyone here make DVH1 P5 mp4 on Windows for iOS playback? What are you using for generation with the DVH1 flag? mp4muxer doesn't do it right? Or does it have a flag for it? Not at my desktop ATM with all my stuff so can't easily check.

DVH1 still works on Android/Windows - so for the few P5 I have (because mostly P8 or P7) I'm gonna make them DVH1 (from DVHE) just for 'maximum compatibility).
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

staknhalo wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:35 pm
Anyone here make DVH1 P5 mp4 on Windows for iOS playback? What are you using for generation with the DVH1 flag? mp4muxer doesn't do it right? Or does it have a flag for it? Not at my desktop ATM with all my stuff so can't easily check.

DVH1 still works on Android/Windows - so for the few P5 I have (because mostly P8 or P7) I'm gonna make them DVH1 (from DVHE) just for 'maximum compatibility).
mp4muxer --dv-profile 5 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file audio.ec3 --dvh1flag 0 --output-file output.mp4
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

now that the DV bug with cinema mode configuration is fixed on my C2, I can resume testing the internal player VS my x800m2.
With this new firmware, now L1 High contrast no longer clip(Internal & shield). Internal player looks perfect to me but I think I see a better L1 response on the x800m2 since the C2 update. Still quite different though.