Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
staknhalo

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by staknhalo »

lionhunter wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:40 pm
Can you show me the metada of such a MP4 please? What video tracks it has, etc. I'm trying to determine whether CCwGT or Amazon FireCube 2nd gen is better for DV playback. ATM, they seem equally capable from my testing.
SL-DT p7 FEL mp4

lionhunter

Post by lionhunter »

staknhalo wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:44 pm
lionhunter wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:40 pm
Can you show me the metada of such a MP4 please? What video tracks it has, etc. I'm trying to determine whether CCwGT or Amazon FireCube 2nd gen is better for DV playback. ATM, they seem equally capable from my testing.
SL-DT p7 FEL mp4

Thank you, after updating to the latest Plex beta version, it seems Chromecast with Google TV is superior to Amazon FireCube when it comes to DoVi playback. It can play ST-DL fine, while FireCube can't. No dice for DT-DL tho. From what I've read in this topic (almost 50 pages lol), you guys are saying CCwGT also processes the EL layer as well, not just the RPU. One thing I am curious tho: why is my LG CX receiving a 8 bit signal while playing DoVi from CCwGT? Shouldn't it be 10 bit or 12 bit? Is it related to TV led Dolby Vision perhaps?
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

lionhunter wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 pm
you guys are saying CCwGT also processes the EL layer as well, not just the RPU
correct
lionhunter wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 pm
One thing I am curious tho: why is my LG CX receiving a 8 bit signal while playing DoVi from CCwGT? Shouldn't it be 10 bit or 12 bit? Is it related to TV led Dolby Vision perhaps?
Normal behavior, per DV spec it is tunneled over/through 8bit signal
Last edited by staknhalo on Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkatchy2

Post by jkatchy2 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:46 pm

jkatchy2 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:02 am
Any thoughts on Beelink Gt king Pro ? Will it play mkv files with dv profile 7 / 8 FEL with lossless audio from kodi 19.3 without any issues ?
damn another box to buy / test I guess lol
Spec wise looks similar to Ugoos AM6 Plus apart from S922X-H vs S922X-J , beelink gt king pro seems to have two ESS HIFI decoding chips for sound . Wonder the dolby vision files support . Though it mentioned as it supports DV.
stn17

Post by stn17 »

Can any of these new Ugoos versions handle TV-led FEL? Buying a proper sound system for my C9 and kinda want to get advantage of TrueHD/Atmos, which is impossible in mp4.
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

Let me get something straight: Can the X700 properly play FEL DV in .ts or .m2ts format made by tsmuxer using the bl & el hevc files made by yousopee's beta tool?

I've been doing bluray folder structure from tsmuxer and renaming to AVCHD folder every damn time, so .ts/.m2ts would be much smoother :D
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Epedemic wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:09 am
Let me get something straight: Can the X700 properly play FEL DV in .ts or .m2ts format made by tsmuxer using the bl & el hevc files made by yousopee's beta tool?
Yes, most of them play fine but for an unknown reason, some don't work.
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:06 pm
Epedemic wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:09 am
Yes, most of them play fine but for an unknown reason, some don't work.
Amazing, thanks for clarifying.

One more question: Any advantage to using .m2ts over .ts (or the other way around)?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Epedemic wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:46 am
One more question: Any advantage to using .m2ts over .ts (or the other way around)?
no, none that I'm aware of.
dompidu

Post by dompidu »

I have an LG G1 and Sony x700. Now, if I have a .iso of a 4K Bluray (dual layer DV), can I play it in its full glory by converting it to .m2ts (because .iso playback is not supported if I'm not mistaken)? If so, what is the exact process that I'd have to follow? I also have some .mkv files but not sure if they are 7.06vhe or just profile 7.

What options do I have? I've been lurking for some time in this sub and there's so many things and discoveries every few weeks that I'm not exactly sure what's the path to follow. Also, didn't have an OLED TV up until now, so I'd like to get the max out of it.

Thanks for the help.
fox0910

Post by fox0910 »

Epedemic wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:46 am
I can use the subtitles in .m2ts (from .srt).
I have problems with the subtitles in .ts created with tsmuxer.
DolbyVisionFTW

Post by DolbyVisionFTW »

Which playback devices support playback of Dolby Vision 4K UHD Blu-ray full disc rips (in BDMV folder structure)?

Is it just the Oppo UDP-203 and clones or can some other Blu-ray players and media players also support full disc rips?

Thanks.
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

RTD 1619 based Dune and Zidoo mediaplayers play UHDBD folders/ISOs.
Kocal

Post by Kocal »

dompidu wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:03 am
I have an LG G1 and Sony x700. Now, if I have a .iso of a 4K Bluray (dual layer DV), can I play it in its full glory by converting it to .m2ts (because .iso playback is not supported if I'm not mistaken)? If so, what is the exact process that I'd have to follow?
sure. I use this method: with tsmuxer, add the heaviest m2ts file from the bluray and mux in m2ts. (maybe you can just copy the m2ts file from the bluray and put it on a usb stick, without using tsmuxer :D idk. never tried.)
if you need subtitles, but don't want horrible subtitles, do this: add a srt file, go to the subtitles section, change font to size 20 (or what u want) and color to # 3a3a3a (or what u want). I use position between 88 (max position for black bar) and 0, change each time, to prevent burn in. Mux in blu-ray folder.

question: how can I play an mkv file dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU with lg cx and sony x700?
chronomac

Post by chronomac »

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a quick search and didn't see anything: is there a way to convert an MKV with a DV profile 7 layer to one with 8.4? As far as I know, Apple TV supports HDR10 and DV profiles 5 and 8.4 (HLG+DV metadata) but not 7. I do know that 7 is HDR10 based and 8.4 is HLG, but I'm willing to transcode if necessary.