Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mulucy

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy »

staknhalo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:36 pm
Interestingly though, if you're seeing ghosting with fel titles, that means this device has 2 decoders and is one of the few media players that supports FEL.
Yes I edited though to mention it can't keep up but don't know if the older chipset or cause im trying on wifi - will have to try wired later

So could the 'color artifacting' i'm seeing just be the rpu/el and my encoded layer aren't 100% frame for frame lined up (even though no errors thrown)? because I tested on more than one player and it was reproducible on diff devices - so I doubt both/all decoders are crashing/erroring out at same part - that would be more a file error

I'll see if I can mux out one obvious one for upload

Edit yes that has to be what it is - because when I test my FEL test file I used on the Tivo on a device that doesnt to full FEL I see the same 'color artifacting' that you mention is RPU/brightness related

Double edit Tivo Stream 4K is playing 1:1 full FEL p7 muxes fine for me - erroneous test files were what was tripping the decoder/the device up

Playback on the Tivo, you can see the 'g' from the Lionsgate logo in the FEL rendering to the right of the Paramount Mountain in the BL at the end of the clip (there are other obvious things at the start of the video too over the water but the video doesn't capture what you see in person with that):

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... dYME9nNGRB
Is it TiVo Stream 4K?
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

mulucy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:25 am
Is it TiVo Stream 4K?
yes
daddy

Post by daddy »

KoshIreland wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am
Hi. Sorry to ask something already covered in this thread, but I haven't been able to figure out the latest/best info.

Back in Dec 2020, I started using scripts from this thread to convert Dolby Vision UHD discs (Game of Thrones) to DV MP4, but I never finished the process.

What's the best option currently to convert these discs to a DV file that will play on AppleTV with LG C8 — or using LG C8 built-in player?
GoT episodes are in FEL.
On C7, C8, C9, the best option is to make DV dual layers mp4 files (dvhe.07.06) and to play them directly with the LG built-in player.
For each episode, extract BL, EL and audio files with tsmuxer, then mux the mp4 file with mp4muxer.
The result is almost 1.8 TB for 98 files (mp4 + srt files)
KoshIreland

Post by KoshIreland »

daddy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:59 am
GoT episodes are in FEL.
On C7, C8, C9, the best option is to make DV dual layers mp4 files (dvhe.07.06) and to play them directly with the LG built-in player.
For each episode, extract BL, EL and audio files with tsmuxer, then mux the mp4 file with mp4muxer.
Thank you!

It’s a real shame the situation hasn’t improved since I first started this. It take so damn long :?

DV discs look so good, but my UHD player died and my Xbox Series X doesn’t support DV discs (only DV streaming). Is there any hardware that reliably plays original DV disc rips yet?

These days most of my movie buying is via Apple Movies because of the convenience but I miss the quality of discs and owning a physical thing.
cannibalist2

Post by cannibalist2 »

daddy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:59 am
KoshIreland wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am
Hi. Sorry to ask something already covered in this thread, but I haven't been able to figure out the latest/best info.

Back in Dec 2020, I started using scripts from this thread to convert Dolby Vision UHD discs (Game of Thrones) to DV MP4, but I never finished the process.

What's the best option currently to convert these discs to a DV file that will play on AppleTV with LG C8 — or using LG C8 built-in player?
GoT episodes are in FEL.
Are you sure these tvs can play FEL correctly? Some people on reddit say if you watch FEL title with internal player, it is downgrading to MEL.
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

For me personally my C8 will always stutter and freeze when playing certain FEL titles such as John Wick 3 and 1917.

It doesn't really matter whether I mux them into MP4 using mp4muxer or TS/M2TS using tsmuxer.

I think the FEL layer is being processed though.
The SoC just doesn't have the horsepower to decode it.

So for me the only way to get them to play is using yusesope's tool with the "mode 2" flag.
It will ditch the enhanced layer altogether, turning them into profile 8 (BL+RPU).
But at least they'll work in any container then.
Also using tsmuxer allows you to keep the hd(lossless) audio as well for preservation.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

HarperVision wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 am
This is incorrect if the display maps the colors and dynamic range as it should. If it doesn’t that’s on the display you’re using, not the player.

Colors within any of the color gamuts will be completely identical whether they be Rec709, DCI-P3 or BT2020, up to each of their limits of course. So putting a Rec709 source into a wider P3 or BT2020 container should look and display identically when the gamuts are mapped properly since Rec709 is smaller than either of those wider gamuts. It’s not supposed to stretch the colors at all and if it does then your display is doing it wrong, not the source.

I have both an X700 and an X800M2 as well as an AppleTV 4K and they don’t have any of the issues reported with my displays because they map the signal correctly.
Forgot I even wrote here, but you are incorrect. It won't be the same, even if the color mapping is done correctly, the profile settings of the TV are completely different from an SDR profile. Also, from it's not "supposed" to stretch the colors to how it actually works, it's a long way. Even if does work as you think it "should" work, you still have maxed out brightness settings and all, as the TV is running under a DV settings profile. So yeah, it's still crap and sad to not be able to make the player recognize DV content automatically like all other players from other companies do. But then again, it took Sony years to get DV sorted out for their TVs.
daddy

Post by daddy »

cannibalist2 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 pm
Are you sure these tvs can play FEL correctly? Some people on reddit say if you watch FEL title with internal player, it is downgrading to MEL.
Proof that they are wrong: You can clearly see the 2 différents layers on my C7.

Test files from here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dune-p ... t-60582530
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

Question:

Is is better to demux - mux with yusope’s tool, or with makemkv? In term of quality. .
I saw somwhere that makemkv as thw tendensy to ignore nals.

Is there a tool like yusope’s one …that does all what this tool can do and more?!

To get good dv p7 quality on my c1, I need to send stdl (ts or m2ts) to the native com.droidlogic.videoplayer’ player on ugoos6b .

The difference between the native player , and orher player like vimu etc.. is night and day
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Did anyone upgrade the Sony X700 to the latest firmware?
chros

Post by chros »

Mattl0 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:23 am
To get good dv p7 quality on my c1, I need to send stdl (ts or m2ts) to the native com.droidlogic.videoplayer’ player on ugoos6b .

The difference between the native player , and orher player like vimu etc.. is night and day
How do you send video to the native player exactly?
fox0910

Post by fox0910 »

mulucy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:05 pm
Yes. All work well.
You can see:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/offici ... k.2951726/
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

fox0910 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:13 pm
mulucy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:05 pm
Yes. All work well.
You can see:
Thank you!
UnknownGod

Post by UnknownGod »

Hello everyone! Immediately I apologize, I do not know English and I use google translator.

I need to replace the audio track in the mp4 file with Dolby Vision Profile 5.
I used this program (https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4demux) to extract a .h265 video track from a file.
I used this program to create the file - https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base.
Used this command:

mp4muxer.exe --input-file track1.h265 --input-file track2.ac3 --media-lang eng --output-file 00000_P5_f.mp4 --output-format frag-mp4 --mpeg4-max-frag-duration 2000 --dv-profile 5 --overwrite --mpeg4-comp-brand mp42, dby1, iso6, isom, msdh

But I get Error: rap distance larger than max fragment duration

If you do not use fragmentation, the file is created normally, but I cannot use rewind when watching it on tv.

Help me please.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

galarond wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:37 am
mulucy wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:41 pm
fox0910 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Yes. All work well.
You can see:
Thank you!
I have the x700 too, didnt update but i read some internet issues plus i dont see any benefit so why the risk to lose/block something? I wouldbt update if i was you.
That's exactly how I feel, tbh. I won't update it for now. Mine is not connected to internet and it has been rock-solid with most remux and DV files.