Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yusesope

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope »

koolkunz wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Edit: Manually setting audio delay of around 170ms seems to fix the issue but this shouldn't be happening right?
Is there a solution for this? Or has this happened due to something I did wrong?
It's not your fault.
FFmpeg can rarely fail to perfectly sync my video with the audio in the chosen file.

I don't know how you solved it (there are so many ways), the easiest for me is to use the -itsoffset switch inside the second command.
-itsoffset must be placed before the second input (i.e. the file from which FFmpeg will take the audio ... look at the red part in the example)
src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -itsoffset 170ms -i \path\to\your\original\file.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Movie Title_________________________________________________________________________" \path\to\your\output\file.mkv
Use a positive value (in this specific case, 170ms) if the audio starts before the video (aka “you have to slow down the audio”).
Use a negative value (in this specific case, -170ms) if the video starts before the audio (aka “you have to slow down the video”).

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:20 pm
yusesope wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 pm
Hi Yusesope, can you explain why you think FEL titles created with Gamma 004 don’t trigger DV on Zidoo Z9X regardless of which conversion to MEL or profile is used?
I don't know the device at all, so I don't have a clue ...
Mirror from Zidoo offered you one for free a few weeks ago...
Forgive me, I did not understand what you are referring to.
ghostshadow

Post by ghostshadow »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:11 pm
ghostshadow wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:12 am
Zidoo Z9x, Z10 Pro etc :
the DV conversion by the yusesope method to Profile 8 works perfectly. I tested Fel and Mel and transformed into Profile 8 and they work !!
The problem with the Atmos TrueHD DV + Track does not come from the conversion or the method used!
it comes from the Zidoo Firmware. For proof it is enough to :Went back into Realtek developer options, switched "reserve less buffer" space off and enabled "Enable Playback Performance mode (experimental)". And the most desynchronization after 15 minutes. There are a few jerks, but it works (at the end of the viewing (1 hour) I had a red screen).
So the solution for the DV + Atmos TrueHD will come from a correction of the Zidoo Firmware.
So playing all UHD DV with the yusesope method allows them to be played in MKV DV on the zidoo.
Midway, Justice Ligue, GOT 8 ---> ok
Hi,

Can I ask which guide you used to create profile 8.1 MEL from FEL that triggers DV on Zidoo Z9X?

The titles I have created with Gamma 004 only trigger HDR10.

P.S. thanks for posting my workaround for the Realtek developer options.
Thanks to you @DaMacFunkin for your walkthrough
I used the yusesope 8.1 solution
tested on 2 zidoo: 1 z9x and 1 Z1000Pro
koolkunz

Post by koolkunz »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:43 pm
It's not your fault.
FFmpeg can rarely fail to perfectly sync my video with the audio in the chosen file.

I don't know how you solved it (there are so many ways), the easiest for me is to use the -itsoffset switch inside the second command.
-itsoffset must be placed before the second input (i.e. the file from which FFmpeg will take the audio ... look at the red part in the example)
src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -itsoffset 170ms -i \path\to\your\original\file.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Movie Title_________________________________________________________________________" \path\to\your\output\file.mkv
Use a positive value (in this specific case, 170ms) if the audio starts before the video (aka “you have to slow down the audio”).
Use a negative value (in this specific case, -170ms) if the video starts before the audio (aka “you have to slow down the video”).
Ok thank you... got it
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

ghostshadow wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:11 pm
ghostshadow wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:12 am
Zidoo Z9x, Z10 Pro etc :
the DV conversion by the yusesope method to Profile 8 works perfectly. I tested Fel and Mel and transformed into Profile 8 and they work !!
The problem with the Atmos TrueHD DV + Track does not come from the conversion or the method used!
it comes from the Zidoo Firmware. For proof it is enough to :Went back into Realtek developer options, switched "reserve less buffer" space off and enabled "Enable Playback Performance mode (experimental)". And the most desynchronization after 15 minutes. There are a few jerks, but it works (at the end of the viewing (1 hour) I had a red screen).
So the solution for the DV + Atmos TrueHD will come from a correction of the Zidoo Firmware.
So playing all UHD DV with the yusesope method allows them to be played in MKV DV on the zidoo.
Midway, Justice Ligue, GOT 8 ---> ok
Hi,

Can I ask which guide you used to create profile 8.1 MEL from FEL that triggers DV on Zidoo Z9X?

The titles I have created with Gamma 004 only trigger HDR10.

P.S. thanks for posting my workaround for the Realtek developer options.
Thanks to you @DaMacFunkin for your walkthrough
I used the yusesope 8.1 solution
tested on 2 zidoo: 1 z9x and 1 Z1000Pro
Interesting because I have used the Gamma 004 8.1 and it doesnt trigger DV on my Z9X...
ghostshadow

Post by ghostshadow »

i don't use the Gamma 004 8.1 just 8.1
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

yusesope wrote:
It takes time (which I don't have :( ) and it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack :roll: .
I'm sure you know how to use a hex editor and maybe you could try it too and maybe you're luckier than me.
Just compare the two files (only video, no audio): if you spot a significant difference I might try to modify the behavior of my tool to emulate it!
I just went looking into the diff of the mp4muxer code 8)
Anyways, dual track profile 7 stops working at commit 70a2e1d4d99a8439b7b8087bf50dd503eeea2291
I made a change that fixed it for me, apparently the video mp4 box was never tagged as Dolby Vision (dvhe, dvh1).

I forked the repo, so you can see the diff here: https://github.com/quietvoid/dlb_mp4bas ... d1e72R1557
Disregard the spacing diff, it's really just the if condition for `dolby_vision_flag`.
Hopefully this helps you, at least now I can use my patched version instead of the 2018 commit.

Comparing mediainfos, the EL track's codec ID changes to 'dvhe' after the patch instead of 'hev1'.
So latest mp4muxer and your sample files all have the EL track codec ID as 'hev1' when it should be 'dvhe' :).
chros

Post by chros »

Good work, @quietvoid! Can you upload the binary for Windows somewhere? Thanks
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

chros wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:57 pm
Good work, @quietvoid! Can you upload the binary for Windows somewhere? Thanks
I can't build for Windows, you can just use the 2018 binary or wait for yusesope's method.
chros

Post by chros »

No worries then :)
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

ghostshadow wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:03 pm
i don't use the Gamma 004 8.1 just 8.1
So I wonder what Yousepe did differently?
userr

Post by userr »

quietvoid wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Anyways, dual track profile 7 stops working at commit 70a2e1d4d99a8439b7b8087bf50dd503eeea2291
I probably missed something, but are you saying you can no longer create profile 7 DTDL as of commit 70a2e1d4d99a8439b7b8087bf50dd503eeea2291?
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

userr wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:51 pm
I probably missed something, but are you saying you can no longer create profile 7 DTDL as of commit 70a2e1d4d99a8439b7b8087bf50dd503eeea2291?
It can be created but they don't play on the LG C8.
cugrz

Post by cugrz »

yusesope wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm

I don't have a mac and I can't (want :roll: ) compile my code for macOS users. For now the latter cannot use this version of my tool (the problem is easily solved if some of you with a mac compile my code).
@yusesope,

I came across this thread yesterday and have be reading and researching like crazy since then. I had previously been working on extracting and encoding HDR10+ data. I was very excited to learn that you and others are working on a solution for Dolby Vision and I am very interested in helping with this project. I am one of those mac users you mention above. :) If you could give me a little direction I would be happy to compile your code and get it working on a mac.
The_KiD

Post by The_KiD »

thelittleworm wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm
So apparently there's a method to backup UHD ISO's into MP4's that triggers Dolby Vision on an LG or Vizio television app via USB. I made this thread in the hopes we can figure out a way to reconvert this into MKV. The procecure is the following -

1. Make ISO of movie. I have only tested this with Black Panther since that's the only one I own. I will be buying Gladiator this weekend to test out though.

2. Use TS Muxer to open the ISO. Find the correct M2TS file and demux the following files:
A. HEVC1 in 4K (Base layer)
B. HEVC 2 in 1080p (this is the dolby vision enhancement layer)
C. Audio track which you will have to convert to AC3. This is a hard line limitation- you need to use AC3!!!

3. Once you have HEVC1, HEVC2, and the Audio track. Run Dolby Vision MP4Muxer (https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base)
DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

*Right now we are limited to only MP4 and AC3 audio. Hoping we figure out an MKV solution.

It sounds like its complicated, but it isn't. The entire process took me an hour to figure out, but once I did it, I sold my Xbox One X, because I'm now using my LG USB to play Dolby Vision MP4's! Hopefully this starts a discussion.
So my TV triggers the "Dolby Vision" but the video is only Purple/Green, what did i wrong?
Hi-Res

Post by Hi-Res »

quietvoid wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:29 pm
yusesope wrote:
It takes time (which I don't have :( ) and it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack :roll: .
I'm sure you know how to use a hex editor and maybe you could try it too and maybe you're luckier than me.
Just compare the two files (only video, no audio): if you spot a significant difference I might try to modify the behavior of my tool to emulate it!
I just went looking into the diff of the mp4muxer code 8)
I made a change that fixed it for me, apparently the video mp4 box was never tagged as Dolby Vision (dvhe, dvh1).

I forked the repo, so you can see the diff here: https://github.com/quietvoid/dlb_mp4bas ... d1e72R1557
Disregard the spacing diff, it's really just the if condition for `dolby_vision_flag`.
Hopefully this helps you, at least now I can use my patched version instead of the 2018 commit.

Comparing mediainfos, the EL track's codec ID changes to 'dvhe' after the patch instead of 'hev1'.
So latest mp4muxer and your sample files all have the EL track codec ID as 'hev1' when it should be 'dvhe' :).
Really appreciate it. Hopefully someone can assembly a windows executable file with this change. I'm having trouble using the hex-editor and doing it manually.