Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
bobbymkV

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by bobbymkV »

Kind of surprised about the Kodi results. Why do you need both Plex and Kodi though?
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

bobbymkV wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:02 pm
Kind of surprised about the Kodi results. Why do you need both Plex and Kodi though?
I ideally want kodi to run properly as I prefer to have my files on a HDD rather than set up a server. Also the problem with plex is that the PGS subtitles don't work have to find .srt subtitles.

Basically I want 1 file that works both for my shield and my oppo without having to mess around with them too much.
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

narcospablo123 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:59 pm
bobbymkV wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:02 pm
I ideally want kodi to run properly as I prefer to have my files on a HDD rather than set up a server. Also the problem with plex is that the PGS subtitles don't work have to find .srt subtitles.

Basically I want 1 file that works both for my shield and my oppo without having to mess around with them too much.
I hear you about the one file to rule them all haha. Many of us are in the same boat as you. At least we are two people lucky enough to have an Oppo 203. ;)
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

may someone help me please?

I'm trying to use yusescope's tool on a macbook with windows parallel and it comes up with this error?

'\\Mac\Home\Desktop\yusesope_tool_v0.0.4_alfa_initial_release'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

C:\Windows>python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -demux
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm a total noob with pc stuff and code etc, can someone tell me in simplistic terms how to solve this? thanks:D

@bobby yeah the oppo is amazing love it.
s8c blog

Post by s8c blog »

narcospablo123 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:14 am
After wasting my whole day today, I wanted to learn what the maximum capability of my players were using dolby vision, here are the results! I hope this helps somebody reading to save them time. (These are all dvhe.07.06 BL + EL + RPU apart from the dual track dual layer ones )

These are the results I'm getting for a dolby vision movie on the Oppo 203:

ISO: Dolby vision and atmos

Blue ray Folder: Dolby vision and atmos

.mkv: HDR and atmos

original .m2ts file: HDR and atmos

.m2ts single track dual layer: dolby vision and atmos

.ts dual track dual layer: dolby vision and atmos

.ts single track dual layer: dolby vision and atmos

These are the results I'm getting on Nvidia shield Pro:

On plex:

.ts single track dual layer: dolby vision and atmos (no pgs subtitles working AFAIK)

.mkv: dolby vision and atmos ( no pgs subtitles working)

On Kodi 19 for nerds:

.mkv dolby vision + atmos

.m2ts dual layer double track: HDR + atmos

.m2ts dual layer single track: HDR + atmos

.ts dual layer single track: HDR + atmos

.ts dual layer dual track: HDR + atmos

In conclusion, I have no idea what common file to use to convert my dolby vision movies to. Ideally, I want them to be .mkv as it's just convenient but unfortunately the oppo 203 can't play it in dolby vision. Any ideas? thanks:)
Hi, what tv do you have?

I have red nvidia shield can't play FEL part of dolby vision video track because SDK limitations or something similiar...do you know anything about this?
MrHobbles

Post by MrHobbles »

narcospablo123 wrote:

On plex:

.ts single track dual layer: dolby vision and atmos (no pgs subtitles working AFAIK)

I use MKV on Plex on my 2019 Shield Pro and it works well, but I sometimes find it takes 2-5 attempts to start the film before DV triggers and not HDR. Has that been your experience?

I also find that it takes a little longer to start the film if it's DV - it sits at the spinner for a few seconds. HDR films are pretty much instantaneous.
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

Hi, what tv do you have?

I have red nvidia shield can't play FEL part of dolby vision video track because SDK limitations or something similiar...do you know anything about this?
I have LG E9

I'm not sure what error you're experiencing.
What file are you using and what device are you using?
s8c blog

Post by s8c blog »

Hi, sorry I haven't been clear: I have not a shild tv pro, I asked in a few forums about dolby vision media players and I have asked about zidoo z9x or nvidia shield tv pro recently and some guys told me z9x and nvidia shield tv pro can't reprodure completely Dolby Vision dual track.
I have not detailed links to link here, I can give you this and maybe you can go deeply with some brower serches...

I try to sintethyze: I have heard nvidia shield tv pro can't reproduce completely dolby vision dual tracks from uhd bd because of some limitations...

I'm italian and I have a little trouble to explain clearly about this techical stuff in english, sorry... the main words you coul search are " FEL full enanchment layer" or (BL+EL+RPU) ... sorry but I just wanted to try to help you.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

s8c blog wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:53 pm
Hi, sorry I haven't been clear: I have not a shild tv pro, I asked in a few forums about dolby vision media players and I have asked about zidoo z9x or nvidia shield tv pro recently and some guys told me z9x and nvidia shield tv pro can't reprodure completely Dolby Vision dual track.
I have not detailed links to link here, I can give you this and maybe you can go deeply with some brower serches...

I try to sintethyze: I have heard nvidia shield tv pro can't reproduce completely dolby vision dual tracks from uhd bd because of some limitations...

I'm italian and I have a little trouble to explain clearly about this techical stuff in english, sorry... the main words you coul search are " FEL full enanchment layer" or (BL+EL+RPU) ... sorry but I just wanted to try to help you.
What you've researched is correct, neither the zidoo or shield can fully reproduce dual layer DV if it's an FEL title. They lack the secondary video decoder needed to decode the enhancement layer.
s8c blog

Post by s8c blog »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:38 pm
s8c blog wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:53 pm

What you've researched is correct, neither the zidoo or shield can fully reproduce dual layer DV if it's an FEL title. They lack the secondary video decoder needed to decode the enhancement layer.
ok thanks.... Oppo or Oppo clones apart do you know which device can reproduce full dual layer DV?
I know about Plex media server for LG tvs before CX...unfortunately I have a CX and so I can't reproduce it
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

MrHobbles wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:09 pm
narcospablo123 wrote:

On plex:

I use MKV on Plex on my 2019 Shield Pro and it works well, but I sometimes find it takes 2-5 attempts to start the film before DV triggers and not HDR. Has that been your experience?

I also find that it takes a little longer to start the film if it's DV - it sits at the spinner for a few seconds. HDR films are pretty much instantaneous.
Hey! Yes these files infrequently maybe load in HDR instead where I have to load them again to make them into Dolby vision. I would say mine take a couple seconds but I don’t really mind it. I just point it on my internet connection
ragico

Post by ragico »

Anybody knows where is Yusesope?
Almost one year he does not show in this forum.
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

narcospablo123 wrote:

On plex:

In conclusion, I have no idea what common file to use to convert my dolby vision movies to. Ideally, I want them to be .mkv as it's just convenient but unfortunately the oppo 203 can't play it in dolby vision. Any ideas? thanks:)
Recheck Plex settings (both server and client)
Pgs subtitles works just fine

If you want to use both oppo and shield, convert to *ts STDL

Still MakeMKV P7 backups are lossless and could be converted to anything else, like DTDL ts or mp4
Last edited by lexyz on Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

s8c blog wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:24 am
ok thanks.... Oppo or Oppo clones apart do you know which device can reproduce full dual layer DV?
I know about Plex media server for LG tvs before CX...unfortunately I have a CX and so I can't reproduce it
UBP-X700
Some Chinese tv-boxes based on Almogic chips
Google's Chromecast with Google TV
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
narcospablo123

Post by narcospablo123 »

lexyz wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:09 pm
narcospablo123 wrote:

On plex:

Recheck Plex settings (both server and client)
Pgs subtitles works just fine

If you want to use both oppo and shield, convert to *ts SLDT

Still MakeMKV P7 backups are lossless and could be converted to anything else, like DTDL ts or mp4
Hello! Thankyou for your reply.

I'm a little confused by these terms sorry I might require some clarification. Does Single Layer Dual Track mean 2 different files for the Base layer and a different file for the dolby vision(EL+RPU?)
and does STDL mean it's all combined? (BL+EL+RPU)

If that's the case, then .ts SLDT works in dolby vision and atmos on oppo, but doesn't play dolby vision on shield.

The 2 which are the best are .m2ts STDL and .ts STDL but .ts STDL is hit and miss on oppo.

I cleared cache for plex on the shield and the subtitles started working! Thankyou tho!