Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mulucy

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm
mulucy wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:46 pm
What you are saying is can be true. Full FEL support comes from the hardware side. It can't be just implemented on a software level per docs from Dolby Labs. We need to review it and compare it side-by-side with famous FEL DV screens to make sure it does utilize the a stream for proper DV FEL playback.
nekno wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Pretty sure there's no difference between all the other existing Realtek 1619DR based products out there. Dune has done this in the past in that when they mention "FEL support", they don't actually mean they utilize data from the FEL. It just means that the device can safely ignore the FEL, apply the DV RPU data directly onto the BL, and playback FEL content without issue (just like the Shield, Zidoo Z9X, and couple other Dune players). There's likely a hardware limitation to the Realtek SOCs that prevents full FEL support.
Seems like perhaps Dune has augmented the RTD1619DR with other processing "unique to Dune HD media players", if their marketing hype is to be believed (which, you're indicating, it is not)?
Dolby Vision VS10 video processor

The advanced Dolby Vision VS10 video processing engine ensures maximum image quality when playing any type of content (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) with any type of video output signal (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), improves the SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision conversion quality, minimizes the effect of "posterization" ("banding") due to more advanced 12-bit video processing. This gives benefits even when using the media player with older TVs that do not support Dolby Vision.

Dune HD Dolby Vision Purifier

This technology, unique to Dune HD media players, optimizes Dolby Vision files on the fly for maximum compatibility with the Realtek RTD1619DR media processor. This helps to ensure the most stable playback, including incorrectly encoded files (which often cause freezes, stuttering, sound out of sync on other media players).
I'm game to order one, just trying to decide amongst the Real Vision, Pro Vision, Max Vision, Ultra Vision models and considering my use cases...
The questions and comparisons that you guys are asking for have all been done here:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dune-p ... f.3188469/
Well, this sums up pretty much all the answers and questions. On to the next one lol ( thank you for the link BTW )
daddy

Post by daddy »

Thanks @shawnc22 and @markswift2003 for this great test.
MOHAX777

Post by MOHAX777 »

ultrahorst wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:47 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:58 am
On most movies the Zidoo Z9X will do you fine, if you absolutely feel you need full FEL then Ugoos am6+ with patched Kodi, but it is a real flaky box tbh.
Ugoos released a new firmware today (https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update-v0 ... -x3-models), with video codec and stability fixes.
Might be worth checking out. I hope this update is a sign that the rumors about the abandonment of the AM6 are not true.
Update with small fixes, nothing changes with DV in mkv troubles (Kodi 19.x from Kodinerds / fangos): sometimes "ring of death" during start movie (repeating stop/start may help), lags/freezes/glitches for 7-profile (depends of release - some has 1-2 during play, some - every 2-3 sec :? )
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

Pretty sure it is afr issue. With afrd installed as a system app i do not have these trouble. I also use vimu player.

I just wonder why it is sending 444 to the tv and not rgb for tunneling.

Edit : I was able to capture this from adb . So maybe sending 444 ycbcr/rgb is the same?

https://ibb.co/f290hST
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

I am also wondering if my lg b6 can do tv-led since I have not been able to find the info on the web. Everything I have seems talks about lg c7 to 2019 lg oled.
userr

Post by userr »

Sooo, is there any box/player that can handle FEL correctly that also has ability to connect to a PLEX-server?
Landscape seems like theres a ton of alternatives but all fall short
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

I laid out some of the FEL-specific issues I've been experiencing on the AM6+ in an email to Ugoos. They replied back very quickly saying they are trying to reach out to Amlogic for assistance as their hands are pretty tied when it comes to those specific DV-related issues. Sounds like a longshot, but maybe a tiny bit of hope left.
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

bobbymkV wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm
I laid out some of the FEL-specific issues I've been experiencing on the AM6+ in an email to Ugoos. They replied back very quickly saying they are trying to reach out to Amlogic for assistance as their hands are pretty tied when it comes to those specific DV-related issues. Sounds like a longshot, but maybe a tiny bit of hope left.
Thanks !

Here is the ouput of the contentof some files that control am6+ behaviors with dolby.

Code: Select all

AM6:/sys/module/amdolby_vision/parameters $ cat | grep "" *
debug_dolby:0
debug_dolby_frame:65535
dolby_vision_efuse_bypass:N
dolby_vision_enable:Y
dolby_vision_flags:5
dolby_vision_graphic_max:0
dolby_vision_graphic_min:50
[b]dolby_vision_graphics_priority:1 // This default value of 1 set the Dv graphics priority mode to graphic priority . Setting this to 0 set this mode to video priority. The only thing I found on this is [url]https://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2019/0304407.html[/url][/b]. Setting this to 0 , the video is less bright, but from what i read I think it should not be set to 1 (graphic priority) by default. 
dolby_vision_hdr10_policy:0 
dolby_vision_level:255
dolby_vision_ll_policy:0 //  [b]( is that llldv?)[/b]
dolby_vision_mask:7
dolby_vision_mode:5
dolby_vision_policy:1 // [b]Setting this to 0 activate dolby vision, And setting it to 1 deactivate it[/b].
dolby_vision_profile:255  
dolby_vision_reset:3
dolby_vision_reset_delay:514
dolby_vision_run_mode:255
dolby_vision_run_mode_delay:0
dolby_vision_status:0
dolby_vision_tunning_mode:0
dolby_vision_wait_delay:0
dv_cert_graphic_height:1080 //
dv_cert_graphic_width:1920  //  whit is this 1080x1920 ? Is this to get the el layer? This seems to be a bad because when playing mp4 or ts dtdl with default mediaplayer, the box output 1080p dv.
dv_ll_output_mode:2
force_stb_mode:N
panel_max_lumin:350 // why does it get that number? if the box can do rgb tunneling , why does it need a panel luminance number? could my b6 only output 350 nits in lldv?
vpotch:16
vtotal_add:64

I am starting to think the am6+ can't decode fel, and can only output lldv dithered at 8 bit ?
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

Also found theses, related to h254 , but can't comment :

AM6:/sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters # cat | grep "" *
again_threshold:64
bit_depth_chroma:8
bit_depth_luma:8
buf_alloc_height:0
buf_alloc_size:0
buf_alloc_width:0
buffer_mode:8
buffer_mode_dbg:4294901760
data_resend_policy:1
dbg_cmd:0
dbg_skip_decode_index:0
debug:0
debug_mask:4294967295
decode_frame_count:1409279,10049,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
decode_pic_begin:0
decode_timeout_val:200
disp_vframe_valve_level:0
display_frame_count:1407864,9484,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
dolby_el_flush_th:2
dolby_meta_with_el:0
double_write_mode:3
dump_nal:0
dv_debug:0
dv_toggle_prov_name:0
dynamic_buf_num_margin:7
enable_mem_saving:1
endian:4080
error_handle_nal_skip_threshold:10
error_handle_policy:0
error_handle_system_threshold:30
error_handle_threshold:30
error_skip_nal_count:6
fast_output_enable:1
force_bypass_dvenl:0
force_disp_pic_index:0
force_fps:0
force_w_h:0
frmbase_cont_bitlevel:96
i_only_flag:0
input_empty:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
interlace_enable:1
log_mask:0
max_buf_num:16
max_decoding_time:3432
max_get_frame_interval:0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
max_process_time:24,212,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
mem_map_mode:0
mmu_enable:1
mmu_enable_force:0
nal_skip_policy:2
not_run_ready:4,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
parser_dolby_vision_enable:1
parser_sei_enable:7
pic_list_debug:0
pre_decode_buf_level:4096
prefix_aux_buf_size:16384
pts_unstable:0
radr:0
ref_frame_mark_flag:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
run_count:1409391,10062,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
run_ready_display_q_num:0
run_ready_max_buf_num:255
run_ready_max_vf_only_num:0
rval:0
slice_parse_begin:0
start_decode_buf_level:32768
step:0
suffix_aux_buf_size:0
udebug_flag:0
udebug_pause_decode_idx:0
udebug_pause_pos:0
udebug_pause_val:0
use_cma:2
video_signal_type:889258241
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Mattl0 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:55 am
bobbymkV wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm
Thanks !

Here is the ouput of the contentof some files that control am6+ behaviors with dolby.

AM6:/sys/module/amdolby_vision/parameters $ cat | grep "" *
debug_dolby:0
debug_dolby_frame:65535
dolby_vision_efuse_bypass:N
dolby_vision_enable:Y
dolby_vision_flags:5
dolby_vision_graphic_max:0
dolby_vision_graphic_min:50
[b]dolby_vision_graphics_priority:1 // This default value of 1 set the Dv graphics priority mode to graphic priority . Setting this to 0 set this mode to video priority. The only thing I found on this is [url]https://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2019/0304407.html[/url][/b]. Setting this to 0 , the video is less bright, but from what i read I think it should not be set to 1 (graphic priority) by default. 
dolby_vision_hdr10_policy:0 
dolby_vision_level:255
dolby_vision_ll_policy:0 //  [b]( is that llldv?)[/b]
dolby_vision_mask:7
dolby_vision_mode:5
dolby_vision_policy:1 // [b]Setting this to 0 activate dolby vision, And setting it to 1 deactivate it[/b].
dolby_vision_profile:255  
dolby_vision_reset:3
dolby_vision_reset_delay:514
dolby_vision_run_mode:255
dolby_vision_run_mode_delay:0
dolby_vision_status:0
dolby_vision_tunning_mode:0
dolby_vision_wait_delay:0
dv_cert_graphic_height:1080 //
dv_cert_graphic_width:1920  //  whit is this 1080x1920 ? Is this to get the el layer? This seems to be a bad because when playing mp4 or ts dtdl with default mediaplayer, the box output 1080p dv.
dv_ll_output_mode:2
force_stb_mode:N
panel_max_lumin:350 // why does it get that number? if the box can do rgb tunneling , why does it need a panel luminance number? could my b6 only output 350 nits in lldv?
vpotch:16
vtotal_add:64

I am starting to think the am6+ can't decode fel, and can only output lldv dithered at 8 bit ?
True Dolby vision is tunnelled RGB 8 bit - LLDV is 12 bit.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

are the WEB DV-rips single layer or dual layer on the internet? for example series dv-rips of diney+?
Ride_UL

Post by Ride_UL »

kazuma wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:17 am
are the WEB DV-rips single layer or dual layer on the internet? for example series dv-rips of diney+?
Anything from OTT is single track
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

Ride_UL wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:14 pm
kazuma wrote:
Thank, but what is ott?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

kazuma wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:13 pm
Ride_UL wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:14 pm
kazuma wrote:
Thank, but what is ott?
Off the Telly 😁
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

Ok, so i found a 2nd hand X700 for 90$ and couldn't resist finally getting proper(?) FEL playback of backups :D

Of course all my backups are .mkv, as i thought that would be the golden solution... Guess not :lol: So thanks bits and pieces from this forum, i think i've narrowed down the procedure to convert DV .mkv to the format the X700 accepts off USB, and decided i would share it here for reference:

1. Demux the .mkv with gMKVextractGUI.
2. Use EAC3to GUI demux feature on the .thd file output from step 1 to create a .thd+AC3 file tsmuxer will accept (not needed for DTS or lossy audio?)
3. Run demux.bat from yusesope's BETA (not gamma) 0.0.4 tool and drop the .hevc file produced in step 1 here.
4. Put the BL.HEVC & EL_RPU.HEVC produced in step 3 & the .thd+ac3 file produced in step 2 (in that order) in tsmuxer (i use the nightly from 30/4), and tell it to output to a blu-ray folder.
5. Rename the folder to AVCHD and put it in the root of your USB storage for the X700.

Regarding subtitles, i add the .mkv to tsmuxer and select the subs i want. Maybe they can be used from gMKVextractGUI as well, but i had some none working ones on my first attempt, so playing it safe as i know they work directely from the MKV.

Any comments if i made a mistake somewhere, or made it overly complicated would be appreciated :)