Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

thank's guys, make sense.
Mattl0

Post by Mattl0 »

bobbymkV wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:48 pm
DennisTheMenace wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:30 am
bobbymkV wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:02 am

I'm one of the crazy bastards that purchased an AM6+ lol. Is this the apk you are using then -- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0n37s3j3iybw ... a.apk?dl=0 ??

I'd like to test.
Hi I have installed the nexus master version, because that's the one it gets updated first

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fjkqnuvwa7z ... bi-v7a.apk

There are often updates at the moment because they are in the process of fixing bugs, As I said, sometimes I still have very brief sound dropouts. But the stutter of the video is gone now.
But that dropouts are also on the shield right now, it has nothing to do with the ugoos only.

there is an updater add-on that you can update the dv build from within kodi. but you have to be registered in the forum to be able to download it. and as I said I use the nexus nightly build here is the link to the updater addon, if you want to use it
The forum is in German

https://www.kodinerds.net/filebase/inde ... dard-Fire/

i really hope they can fix all of the bugs. then the ugoos player would be the perfect player due to the possibility of processing fel dv.
half a year ago, Kodi was not usable on the ugoos because dolby vision videos and hd sound stuttered. They are now one step further
Thanks for keeping the dream alive in regards to the AM6+. I wasn't sure if the FEL playback would ever improve and it seemed like the stuttering was something that Ugoos was never going to be able to address themselves. Hopefully I will find some free time soon to test this new Kodi build!
Still have sluttering here with the last kodinerd build. Will try the nexusbuild.

edit: Same result.

Pretty sure the only way to watch anything on this box is with with the default videoplayer. But I think they do something wrong is the rgb tunnelling process.. I do not trust the box anymore.
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

Yeah, I tried the nexus build and it's actually worse for me as the audio never gets in sync. And getting the FEL videos to kick off is worse as well as I have to open up the task menu every time just to get them to start, which they will in the bottom right corner. Then I have to re-open Kodi to bring it to full screen. Strange behavior, nothing new.
DennisTheMenace

Post by DennisTheMenace »

Hmm OK strange, I only have some audio dropouts from time to time, that's all.
But like I said they are also on the shield right now. You have installed the nightly version ?
Maybe the TV matters ? I'm using Sony a90j but directly connected to my receiver of my Ht-a9 Soundsystem.
But OK, I will check it again, when a mod of a official kodi 19.4 version is out
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

When I had my minix /Ugoos I killed all processes and cleared cache before every attempt to play a movie, it seemed to work better like that, if I’m being honest I think the device doesn’t have enough tam or how the cache is fed through the Ram is suitable for such high bitrate files.
I’ve given up on it all I just stick with the Z9X now.
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

DennisTheMenace wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:12 am
Hmm OK strange, I only have some audio dropouts from time to time, that's all.
But like I said they are also on the shield right now. You have installed the nightly version ?
Maybe the TV matters ? I'm using Sony a90j but directly connected to my receiver of my Ht-a9 Soundsystem.
But OK, I will check it again, when a mod of a official kodi 19.4 version is out
I installed the same apk you linked me to directly above. I tried playing a rip of 1917 and made sure to play it directly after a reboot. The only thing I can think of is you have some magic combination of device settings. I think there might have been another release candidate firmware for this device, but I didn't get around to installing it yet and that's primarily because I doubt it changes anything related to FEL playback (I'm on 0.4.1). Are you sure the files you are testing have Full Enhancement Layer?
DennisTheMenace

Post by DennisTheMenace »

Yes I'm sure
Apocalypse n.. (remux) are played without any stutter and with atmos.
But like I said with sound dropouts here and there.
I'm going back to use my zidoo z9x.
But if they can fix the dropouts I think I use the ugoos.
Are you playing it in kodi (nexus, master) with the newest kodinerds version ?
I also have the 0.42 firmware installed, if that matters.
When you still have problems, I'm sorry, I can't help
Buzzie

Post by Buzzie »

Hey Guys,

I have been browsing a lot of pages this morning but i cant seem to find it.

I know there is a way to extract the DV layer from a WEB-DL file and add it to the UHD file to have a hybrid release that contains DV and all the original info that was in the UHD MKV.

Is there a guide for noobs how to get this done??
Thanks in advance.
MOHAX777

Post by MOHAX777 »

DennisTheMenace wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:46 pm
Atmos sound and dolby Vision (Mel and fel) is working now on my ugoos AM6 plus box in kodi.
you are not telling us the whole truth :D . Out of about 20 DV-FEL (mkv 7.06), I can watch 2-3 movies without critical problems, the others have frequent problems with picture scattering and freezing. Not to mention problems with rewinding or resuming after stop.
(am6+ 0.42 firmware, lasts kodinerds kodi build)
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

MOHAX777 wrote:
DennisTheMenace wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:46 pm
Atmos sound and dolby Vision (Mel and fel) is working now on my ugoos AM6 plus box in kodi.
you are not telling us the whole truth :D . Out of about 20 DV-FEL (mkv 7.06), I can watch 2-3 movies without critical problems, the others have frequent problems with picture scattering and freezing. Not to mention problems with rewinding or resuming after stop.
(am6+ 0.42 firmware, lasts kodinerds kodi build)
Which are the few movies you have less issues with?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Katakuri wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:24 am
Hey,
is there an easy way to Remux an MKV with Dolby Vision to an MP4 with Dolby Vision?
My Oppo Clone can't play MKV + DV.
You can demux the MKV according to this guide and then remux to whatever you like.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-t ... -dv.82545/
jayper

Post by jayper »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Katakuri wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:24 am
Hey,
is there an easy way to Remux an MKV with Dolby Vision to an MP4 with Dolby Vision?
My Oppo Clone can't play MKV + DV.
You can demux the MKV according to this guide and then remux to whatever you like.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-t ... -dv.82545/
At this point, is this the best way to extract the EL and BL from an MKV? I have been saving a lot of my full disc back-ups, so that I can easily create Blu-Ray folders on my x700 with TS-muxer. I would much rather store my back-ups as MKVs to save on space.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I don't think the ISOs created are larger than the MKVs.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:45 pm
I don't think the ISOs created are larger than the MKVs.
Yes, for starters ISO and M2TS need the ac3 core for TrueHD tracks and with the container overhead it can make them as much as 10% bigger.
johnjon94

Post by johnjon94 »

Trujax wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 am
I have compiled a TsMuxer that forces dvhe.05.06 profile. It works nice where 08.06 played choppy in my Lg. You can find it here http://katfile.com/1uvd80v1b0zd/tsMuxer ... ).zip.html
Is there any chance you could reupload this? I can't seem to find this version anywhere