Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Jose1001

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Jose1001 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:01 pm
Jose1001 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:54 pm
where I can find the tutorial video
they are in my Dovi Scripts google drive folder(in my signature).
Hello RESET_999 if you mean the 6 videos you have, I already have them, I thought there was another video I hadn't seen to synchronize the RPU.bin.
My problem is that when I extract the RPU.bin from a 5 profile and then add it to a BDRemux, it creates a dvhe05.06 BL+RPU for me, and from what I have read it seems that the problem would be solved with this command:
"ffmpeg -i INPUT.mkv -c:v copy -vbsf hevc_mp4toannexb -f hevc - | dovi_tool -m 3 extract-rpu - -o RPU.bin". As I assume you know the "-m 3" makes a Profile 5 RPU compatible with Profile 8. I have looked for the command in DoVi_Scripts.bat editing it, to add the "-m 3" to the command, but have not found it.
I've been familiar with video editing for several decades, but CMD command lines have never been my thing.That's why I loved the dovi_scrpits and I am very grateful to you
Thank you very much for the help and greetings.
uhdiznotenough4mee

Post by uhdiznotenough4mee »

Nvm.
Last edited by uhdiznotenough4mee on Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Jose1001 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 pm
Hello RESET_999 if you mean the 6 videos you have, I already have them
Well, if you really watched the video "P5 web-dl to Bluray remux.mkv", then you would know that you're not using the right mode/workflow.

As I said, the "Workflow.1= Read and extract RPU metadata" will export the RPU untouched. You have to use the "MODE.P5= Profile 5 to Profile 8 injector (HYBRID MAKER)"
rkjnsn

Post by rkjnsn »

In case it's useful for anyone else, the following commands can be used to generate a list of shots from an RPU, which can be used to verify synchronization.

First, convert the RPU to json:

Code: Select all

dovi_tool export -i RPU.bin -o RPU.json
Second, use jq to get a list of frames that have the scene_refresh_flag set:

jq "to_entries | .[] | select(.value.vdr_dm_data.scene_refresh_flag == 1) | .key" RPU.json > RPU-scene-frames.txt
The result with be a file with one (zero-based) frame number per line. Then I'll pick a few throughout the file, look at those frames in the video, and verify that each one is indeed the start of a new shot.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

@ rkjnsn that's great. thank you.
already added it in the scripts :)
Jose1001

Post by Jose1001 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:43 pm
Jose1001 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:04 pm
Hello RESET_999 if you mean the 6 videos you have, I already have them
Well, if you really watched the video "P5 web-dl to Bluray remux.mkv", then you would know that you're not using the right mode/workflow.

As I said, the "Workflow.1= Read and extract RPU metadata" will export the RPU untouched. You have to use the "MODE.P5= Profile 5 to Profile 8 injector (HYBRID MAKER)"
Hello, good afternoon, I'm sorry, my mistake, too many video edits in a short time, and since I've been extracting several RPU.bin from P8, to inject them into BDReux, I kept having the same concept in my head, when I only had to do a simple : P5 web-dl to Bluray remux as you have reminded me, and as I have already done several times.
Thank you very much for the great work and the help you offer and a greeting.
evilmatcher

Post by evilmatcher »

I have used the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 until now for my DV movies. I was aware of the red push issue, which was not ideal but acceptable, but somehow i have missed that the Shield did not use the EL of my FEL movies.

I have read this enormous thread and I understand that I need to use a UHD player to ensure that the fully detailed picture is sent to the TV. I am waiting for the Sony X800m2, which should arrive in a few days. I would like to have the flexibility of not needing the physical disc everything time i would like to see a DV FEL movie.

I have tried to follow RESET_9999's guide --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 for the x800m2, but i struggle a bit. I have made a full backup of my copy of 1917 with MakeMKV 1.16.7, but when i try to scan the the BDMV folder in MKVToolknix v68 I get no results. I drag the index.bdmw-file to multiplexer input and it starts to scan, but nothing is found. I have tried to drag the playlist folder to multiplexer input, but I get an error message that the XXXX.mpls are not recognized as supported format.

What have i missed?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

evilmatcher wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:33 pm
I have tried to drag the playlist folder to multiplexer input, but I get an error message that the XXXX.mpls are not recognized as supported format.
What have i missed?
Don't drag&drop the whole folder. You have to drag any MPLS file from the folder and mkvtoolnix will scan and find the playlists.
mkvtoolnix is slow though, you should use DGdemux, it is much faster. (this function is also included in my scripts: MODE.R ===> MODE.6)

DGDemux.exe -d BDMV.path
Jose1001 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:18 am
Hello, good afternoon, I'm sorry, my mistake
Glad to see you have figured it out. :)
evilmatcher

Post by evilmatcher »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:26 pm
evilmatcher wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:33 pm
I have tried to drag the playlist folder to multiplexer input, but I get an error message that the XXXX.mpls are not recognized as supported format.
What have i missed?
Don't drag&drop the whole folder. You have to drag any MPLS file from the folder and mkvtoolnix will scan and find the playlists.
mkvtoolnix is slow though, you should use DGdemux, it is much faster. (this function is also included in my scripts: MODE.R ===> MODE.6)

DGDemux.exe -d BDMV.path
Jose1001 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:18 am
Hello, good afternoon, I'm sorry, my mistake
Glad to see you have figured it out. :)
Thanks. Much, much easier. I guess the last part was not intended for me :lol:
evilmatcher

Post by evilmatcher »

DGDemux.exe -d BDMV.path
Thanks. I have now found the playlist, but something is still wrong. I have now tried with 1917 & 13 Hours The secret soldiers of Benghazi.

When I drag the 00801.mpls (1917) and 00800.mpls (13 hours) to TSMuxer nothing happens. With the 13 hours playlist i get an error message stating "Can't detect stream type. File name "H:\Film backup\13 HOURS SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls". The H-drive is USB HDD. With the 1917 playlist i get a dialog box with no text (just a box with a white X on a red background). I get the same error messages, when done from my laptop HDD.

Do i need to use a specific version of the TSmuxer? I use the latest (Nightly build from 2022-06-02-03-18-48).
I rip the disc from Makemkv v 1.16.7. Should the backup be decrypted?
evilmatcher

Post by evilmatcher »

I rip the disc from Makemkv v 1.16.7. Should the backup be decrypted?
I have just seen that the backup should be decrypted viewtopic.php?p=119007#p119007, so that's probably the reason
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Yes the disc must be decrypted but some of the latest tsmuxer versions had issues with DV, so maybe that's the problem?
I stopped updating it and I use an older version in my dovi.scripts tool pack and I have no issue.
evilmatcher

Post by evilmatcher »

I stopped updating it and I use an older version in my dovi.scripts tool pack and I have no issue.
Good to know. I have downloaded your tools already.
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

NiCE77 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:43 am
@quietvoid
Someone replied on the Firecore forum about Apple TV RPU management:
Yeah, I know. Eventually I'll make a CM v4.x only file.
Maybe the new test file is ready?
Many thanks!
danbez

Post by danbez »

@RESET_9999

Based on your spreadsheet, CCwGTV supports FEL. Which media player app supports it? I am looking for something other than PLEX, since I use Jellyfin. (but I can configure it to use an external player).