Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

it has nothing to do with the script.
as I said, the problem is some specific SRT that have invalid timing. So deselect the subs and mux manually.

It could also be caused by THDmerge, because sometimes it fails to merge an empty core for some reason.
tjayz

Post by tjayz »

valington wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:34 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:08 pm
Hellboy. wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:05 pm
Can you share a link. I did a google search but i don't find anything related to TL private tracker. The only torrent i always used was rarbg.
torrentleech. (org)
But on torrentleech there is no M2TS , BDMV dolby vision blu ray 2160p only remuxes mkv 7 profile , Rarbg was a great
For torrents that existed before rarbg went down use their proxies. Complete list can be found by going to 1337x > Movies > RARBG.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:19 pm
dom61 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:47 pm
I have exported HDR 10+ and Dolby Vison metadata via DaVinci Resolve.
Hi,
you can use the script in my signature (workflow 1-1) to inject both metadata. Or use the Dovi_tool and HDR10plus_tool to inject manually, you can find these tools on quietvoid's GitHub.

Dinst wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:24 pm
Has anybody got a link to a decent tutorial for generating Dolby Vision using Davinci Resolve?
see my youtube channel (link in my signature), i made a video tutorial a while ago.

if you want to save some time, I already generated DV in resolve for most of the movies, here are over 600 RPU files ready to be injected :)

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/folder/CjYWyaZR#tSlKPhdblAd8shSaYoiOWA
Sorry to have to be the 5th or so person to ask but could I also be sent a link for this in PM? Much appreciated.
UBP-X800M2 / LG OLED CX / NAD M17 V2i
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

tjayz wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:48 pm
Sorry to have to be the 5th or so person to ask but could I also be sent a link for this in PM? Much appreciated.
No worries, anyone that wants a link, just ask me... :)
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:55 pm
it has nothing to do with the script.
as I said, the problem is some specific SRT that have invalid timing. So deselect the subs and mux manually.

It could also be caused by THDmerge, because sometimes it fails to merge an empty core for some reason.
I was asking this because I could remove the subtitles that were not necessary for me before the mux and, perhaps, in this way I would have already been able to remove the faulty ones without even knowing it and without having to restart the mux process.

Anyway... stupidly I had deleted the EL and BL files so I was forced to repeat the procedure in order to get to the moment of the error and manually use tsmuxer with the two files your script would have left (undeleted) instead, to my amazement, this time there was no mistake and the film is complete. How is it possible? How come a subtitle that was annoying before, now hasn't given any problems? Yet I'm sure that tsmuxer encountered the problem towards the end of the mux, when working on subtitles..
tjreis2

Post by tjreis2 »

Hello @RESET_9999!

I have a x800m2 as well and I have quite a few DV movies that are in a .mkv format with TrueHD audio. However, when I convert them to .ts using tsmuxer, the TrueHD track doesnt play in the sony because there is no core in the original mkv file (which is normal behavior for this format).

I noticed that in your tools you have the workflow 4-3 to convert this .mkv in iso files, merging a silent core track so that it can play in the sony! However, I have a couple of questions:

- Do I need to convert them first to iso as it is in your tutorial videos or can I directly convert them to .ts and play them in the Sony? Will the Dolby Vision and the TrueHD track play correctly?

- The workflow is adding a silent core track. Will there be loss of audio quality as it is a silent track or will it be in full quality, as if it was muxed from a full bluray folder?

- For this workflow, do i need to download any other tools or is your bat file enough?

Thank you for all your work!
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:30 am
I was asking this because I could remove the subtitles that were not necessary for me before the mux and, perhaps, in this way I would have already been able to remove the faulty ones without even knowing it and without having to restart the mux process.

Anyway... stupidly I had deleted the EL and BL files so I was forced to repeat the procedure in order to get to the moment of the error and manually use tsmuxer with the two files your script would have left (undeleted) instead, to my amazement, this time there was no mistake and the film is complete. How is it possible? How come a subtitle that was annoying before, now hasn't given any problems? Yet I'm sure that tsmuxer encountered the problem towards the end of the mux, when working on subtitles..
strange, next time you notice that the raw hevcs (BL + EL) were not deleted, try to tell me what is the tsmuxer error reported.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

tjreis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:42 am
- Do I need to convert them first to iso as it is in your tutorial videos or can I directly convert them to .ts and play them in the Sony? Will the Dolby Vision and the TrueHD track play correctly?
No you can feed the script (4-3) with your ST P7 MKV and it will create a dual layer and add a silent core to trueHD.
If the input is MEL, you can convert to P8 without any quality loss. (4-2-1)
tjreis2 wrote:
- The workflow is adding a silent core track. Will there be loss of audio quality as it is a silent track or will it be in full quality, as if it was muxed from a full bluray folder?
No quality loss for the TrueHD audio but if you try to play the ac3 core, obviously it will be silent.
tjreis2 wrote:
- For this workflow, do i need to download any other tools or is your bat file enough?
For this workflow you need at least (maybe I forget some):

dovi_tool
tsmuxer
thdmerge
mediainfo
ffmpeg
tjreis2

Post by tjreis2 »

Thank you!

Most of my mkv DV files are FEL. However, I have some P8 hybrid MKVs that suffer from the same TrueHD problem.

Can I use the same 4-3 workflow for these P8 MKVs so that it merges a silent core in .TS format so that I can play them in the x800m2?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

tjreis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:22 am
Thank you!

Most of my mkv DV files are FEL. However, I have some P8 hybrid MKVs that suffer from the same TrueHD problem.

Can I use the same 4-3 workflow for these P8 MKVs so that it merges a silent core in .TS format so that I can play them in the x800m2?
You can use the batch tsmuxer workflow (5) for P8/P5 MKVs
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:59 am
strange, next time you notice that the raw hevcs (BL + EL) were not deleted, try to tell me what is the tsmuxer error reported.
ok!
Thanks for the support!
tjreis2

Post by tjreis2 »

Thank You again!

Just to see if i understood everything correctly:

If I have a P7 FEL TrueHD REMUX.mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 4-3 without changing the mux line in the bat.

If I have a P7 MEL TrueHD REMUX.mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 4-3 or 4-2-1 without changing the mux line in the bat.

If I have a P8 hybrid TrueHD .mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 5 without changing the mux line in the bat.

Is this correct?

An outside question: I also have a couple of REMUX TrueHD mkv files that are in HDR and not DV, that suffer from the same audio track problem. Can I use your workflow 3-2 to add the silent core and convert to ts to play on the x800m2?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

tjreis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 pm
Thank You again!

If I have a P7 FEL TrueHD REMUX.mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 4-3 without changing the mux line in the bat.

If I have a P7 MEL TrueHD REMUX.mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 4-3 or 4-2-1 without changing the mux line in the bat.

If I have a P8 hybrid TrueHD .mkv and want to convert to .ts to play on the x800m2: Workflow 5 without changing the mux line in the bat.

Is this correct?
yes

An outside question: I also have a couple of REMUX TrueHD mkv files that are in HDR and not DV, that suffer from the same audio track problem. Can I use your workflow 3-2 to add the silent core and convert to ts to play on the x800m2?
yes all the workflow that mux to TS will automatically add a silent core to TrueHD.
(3) will add DV from madvr which is not great though.

you can use (5) to just mux the mkv and the script will add the ac3 core.
valington

Post by valington »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:32 pm
Mrmorrison wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:15 pm
@RESET_9999

Hello Chief!
I don't know exactly when this problem started, if it depends on the bat version or the recent tools update you made available for a few days.
But with path 4-3 it often happens that the output TS file is incomplete.
Sometimes it's incomplete for 30 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less.
My x800m2 freezes in these files (that's how I noticed it) at the last second. With other devices, however, the video simply stops as if it had come to an end. Do you know anything about it?

It's never happened to me before, yet I've been using your tool for a long time. I know it would be much better if there is the iso file as input but I am often forced to use mkv ST DL.

I tried to use tsmuxer separately with the BL and EL files that the tool generates, adding the original mkv file, but it ends with an error (which unfortunately I didn't write) maybe it depends on the final mux. What can I do? deThe last three films, two have had this problem
Most likely some SRT subtitles with invalid timing.
I had this issue with a lot of MAX web-dl and the solution is to uncheck the problematic subs.

When the ts muxing fails, the script is made to not delete the final processed HEVC file so you don't have to start over.
Thank you for TL info RESET ,TL is awesome !
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

tjreis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 pm
Thank You again!

Is this correct?

Why not just use tsmuxer to remux the mkv file into bluray folder and play via usb?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:37 pm
st use tsmuxer to remux the mkv file into bluray folder and play via usb?
because the x800m2 5ghz wifi is fast enough to play high bitrate bluray.
bluray folder playback is not supported via the network