Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
staknhalo

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by staknhalo »

darex wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:49 am
I'm having issues with mp4muxer that started recently.
All of a sudden it will not create a valid output file.
It is always 0kB and exits in 10-20 seconds.
I can see that it is using the disk and CPU for that time but then it just stops.
There is no error message and the files used as input have previously worked.
Anyone run into this before?
That only ever happened to me when trying to make base layer encoded FEL p7 file, it meant stuff is messed up/input was bad.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Hi guys, here are some tutorial videos. You just have to edit the bat files with notepad and change the output path and tools path to yours. (no space in path\filename)

tools and script

All you have to do is, download all the tools and folders, edit the paths highlighted in the picture 1 time with notepad, save the bat and then just click on it and chose the desired workflow. I learned how to write scripts just 1 month ago, so forgive my codes, still a lot to learn but i think most of the workflows work but i didnt test them all.... :P

How to make DoVi hybrid bluray remux with Profile 5 DoVi web-dl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y394xLUYFKM
* in this example, the p5 dv video is cropped so the rpu needs an L5 active area edit. If your p5 video is not cropped you don't have to edit L5 because the original RPU is already correct.
* in this example I had to duplicate 24 frames. (inclusive. to remove 24 enter 23)
* in case you have to remove 24 frames select the ''removes frames'' workflow and enter 24
* unless the source has invalid L6 metadata, i recommend not editing L6 static metadata.
* if the video to be injected is cropped, select a workflow that says CROP and set L5 top bottom to 0, otherwise, do like in the video

How to convert HDR10plus to DoVi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z21v9ru_DVw
* if the video is cropped, select a workflow that says CROP and set L5 top bottom to 0, otherwise, do like in the video

How to generate DoVi from madVR measurements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5La55Lf00
* same as hdr10plus, if the video is cropped, select a workflow that says CROP and set L5 top bottom to 0, otherwise, do like in the video
* you have to install lav filters and madvr (double click on the install bat(madvr folder))

Last edited by RESET_9999 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:06 am, edited 9 times in total.
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:17 am
@quietvoid, I wasn't able to generate dv from madvr with the latest version of your tool. it kept complaining about --json not an acceptable argument for madvr files
Whoops! Should be fixed in https://github.com/quietvoid/dovi_tool/ ... 23ccb277fb.
Will be in the next release.
powdeau

Post by powdeau »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Hi guys, here are some tutorial videos. You just have to edit the bat files with notepad and change the path to your drive.
Thank you so much for those tutorials, I just have a question regarding the "active area". Should I use the top and bottom presets always when the final video has letterbox bars?

E.g. If I have HDR10+ WEB-DL (3840x2160) with letterbox bars and I want to convert it to DV, I always set the "active area" as you did in your video, right?

If a have a DV p5 WEB-DL (3840x2160) with letterbox bars and I want to create hybrid BD remux (the BD also has letterbox bars), do I also set the "active area"? (you had only WEB-DL without letterbox bars in your video)

(just out of curiosity, what happens if I don´t set it? Because I didn´t do it before since I didn´t know I should do that)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

powdeau wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Hi guys, here are some tutorial videos. You just have to edit the bat files with notepad and change the path to your drive.
Thank you so much for those tutorials, I just have a question regarding the "active area". Should I use the top and bottom presets always when the final video has letterbox bars?

E.g. If I have HDR10+ WEB-DL (3840x2160) with letterbox bars and I want to convert it to DV, I always set the "active area" as you did in your video, right?

If a have a DV p5 WEB-DL (3840x2160) with letterbox bars and I want to create hybrid BD remux (the BD also has letterbox bars), do I also set the "active area"? (you had only WEB-DL without letterbox bars in your video)

(just out of curiosity, what happens if I don´t set it? Because I didn´t do it before since I didn´t know I should do that)
If the DV web-dl has black bars hardcoded in the video, the active area is already correct in the RPU so no need to modify it.
In other words, you only need to set the active area when your web-dl has cropped black bars(iTunes web-dl) because those web-dl don't have any L5 active area. (if they did, they would play overcropped on devices that use L5)

Most of the devices seem to ignore L5 (shield, x700) but the internal player of LG oled TV does use it so it's better to set the L5 correctly instead of top/bottom to 0/0 for every movie.
powdeau

Post by powdeau »

Thank you, I just have a problem with madVR - when I try to open mkv in madMeasureHDR.exe, it just opens and closes without generating measurements file. What am I doing wrong?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

powdeau wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm
Thank you, I just have a problem with madVR - when I try to open mkv in madMeasureHDR.exe, it just opens and closes without generating measurements file. What am I doing wrong?
ha, maybe you just have to click on the install bat first (with admin rights!).
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powdeau

Post by powdeau »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:42 pm
powdeau wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm
ha, maybe you just have to click on the install bat first.
I have already tried that (with admin right)
Last edited by powdeau on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

powdeau wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:43 pm

I have already tried that
with admin rights ? or maybe just download madvr again...
https://www.videohelp.com/software/madVR
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

you need to install lav filters as well..

https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters

powdeau

Post by powdeau »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:48 pm
you need to install lav filters as well..

https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters

Thank you, that fixed it! :D
Albano

Post by Albano »

quietvoid wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:39 am
RESET_9999 wrote:
@quietvoid, I wasn't able to generate dv from madvr with the latest version of your tool. it kept complaining about --json not an acceptable argument for madvr files
Whoops! Should be fixed in https://github.com/quietvoid/dovi_tool/ ... 23ccb277fb.
Will be in the next release.
When I use your lastest tool 1.4.5 to remux 2 files
Eternals.2021.DoVi.2160p.REPACK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.H265-EVO
Eternals.2021.REPACK.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-EVO
I get a situation sound and pic in hybrid remux file are not sync correctly.
darex

Post by darex »

staknhalo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:55 pm
darex wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:49 am
I'm having issues with mp4muxer that started recently.
All of a sudden it will not create a valid output file.
It is always 0kB and exits in 10-20 seconds.
I can see that it is using the disk and CPU for that time but then it just stops.
There is no error message and the files used as input have previously worked.
Anyone run into this before?
That only ever happened to me when trying to make base layer encoded FEL p7 file, it meant stuff is messed up/input was bad.
You are correct. Input was somehow bad. The program returned error 2 which is some form of input error.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Albano wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:37 am
I get a situation sound and pic in hybrid remux file are not sync correctly.
I personally try to stay away from EVO releases. This group is not very reliable and I wouldn't blame quietvoid's tool for the issue you're having.
I did the same for that movie and used the Disney plus Imax versions instead which are higher quality btw and I didn't notice anything wrong.
staknhalo

Post by staknhalo »

Eternals + IMAX + KOGI + MZABI = good to go, watched the p8 last night = movie was eh but dv p8 was synced