Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

dom61 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:04 pm

And only the ".hevc" file is generated. , then I enter the file in MKVToolNix to create the mkv file which has these characteristics.
The "RPU.bin" file is not generated as in the videotutorial
yes by default no rpu is exported.. you must edit line 35 set keep_rpu=NO

Also, you must have turned off the muxing(line 21) because the script is supposed to mux to MKV.

dom61

Post by dom61 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:48 pm
yes by default no rpu is exported.. you must edit line 35 set keep_rpu=NO

Also, you must have turned off the muxing(line 21) because the script is supposed to mux to MKV.
OK line 39 has been changed, but line 21 is active.

Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
sultanmehmet

Post by sultanmehmet »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:22 am
sultanmehmet wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:42 am
Can somebody confirm if I can just copy the 'raw' m2ts file to my HDD?
No, you'll get "fake" DV if you do that. You must remux to TS/M2TS or BDMV with the nightly tsmuxer.

It sounds like you're using the very old tsmuxer. I use this version (had issues with the latest ones)...
https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/re ... 2-02-15-09
Thanks man, that did the trick! I don't know how I didn't download that version as I thought I just went on google a couple of days ago and downloaded the lastest one. But it worked and I got my x700 in the mail today and tested it out. It played in hdr10 at first but I noticed that DV was turned off in the settings, so after I turned it on it worked like a charm! Its funny how even though this x700 feels like a cheap piece of plastic it plays back DV so effortlessly.
caelar900

Post by caelar900 »

Finally got the script working and started converting most of my duplicate p5 files to p8 only to realize about 60 odd films in that p8 has the red push issue on shield -_- Looks like Apple TV with infuse doesn't work quite right either from some of the test patterns I was looking at. Oh well guess I'll be sticking with P5 for plex files and x800 for all my p7's.
Draco1544

Post by Draco1544 »

@RESET_9999 Hi, where I can fine the DoVi_mp4_DVH1.exe required by your script for mp4 workflow ?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Draco1544 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:01 pm
@RESET_9999 Hi, where I can fine the DoVi_mp4_DVH1.exe required by your script for mp4 workflow ?
here: https://github.com/rixtox/mp4dovi/releases/tag/v0.1.1
sorry, I should stop renaming the tools I'm using...

this is only needed when you use 7-1-1 and input a Profile 5 video. Some movies anywhere profile 5 web-dl produce corrupted video in mp4box.

BTW, latest beta can make MP4 with 7.1 EC3 audio. It can also now mux up to 40 subtitles and 10 audio.
caelar900 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:35 pm
Looks like Apple TV with infuse doesn't work quite right either from some of the test patterns I was looking at. Oh well guess I'll be sticking with P5 for plex files and x800 for all my p7's.
ATV Infuse should work as long as your P8/P5 mp4 file is HEV1 / DVH1.
LV8HD

Post by LV8HD »

Hi y'all, this doesn't necessary fit in the "Dolby Vision world", but I think it's quite interesting and inherent to this forum.

let's say I have 2 sources for the same movie -> 1st source US UHD Blu-ray
2nd source ITA UHD Blu-ray

The US UHD Blu-ray video is better than ITA, but US UHD has some hardsubs scenes that I don't like, while ITA UHD doesn't have any. What I would like to do in this case would be to extract the specific frames (corresponding to the one on the US
UHD containing hardsubs) from the ITA UHD and replace part of the US video with these non-hardsubbed scenes.
But before doing that I'd have to let's say "change" the ITA UHD frames HDR metadata to fit the US UHD ones.

How is it possible to do all of that? the first tools that come to my mind are of course MadVR and ffmpeg but I don't practically know how use them for this. Is there anybody who has any idea?

EDIT: forgot to mention I absolutely don't want to re-encode the video in any way.
jorgen

Post by jorgen »

Is it possible to convert a UHD movie to mkv using makemkv and then reversing the process using TSMuxer to create a new BDMV without losing any Dolby Vision information? (I understand that Bluray menues will be removed etc., but I'm interested in knowing if a ripped mkv with DV is future proof and can be converted back to BDMV lossless). Thanks!
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

jorgen wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm
Is it possible to convert a UHD movie to mkv using makemkv and then reversing the process using TSMuxer to create a new BDMV without losing any Dolby Vision information? (I understand that Bluray menues will be removed etc., but I'm interested in knowing if a ripped mkv with DV is future proof and can be converted back to BDMV lossless). Thanks!
There's a bug in MakeMKV when ripping from TSMuxer BDMV: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23962&p=122050&hil ... er#p122050
So unless that is fixed, you would have a hard time ripping again.

It's probably better to archive the original disc backup instead.
jorgen

Post by jorgen »

quietvoid wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:46 pm
There's a bug in MakeMKV when ripping from TSMuxer BDMV: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23962&p=122050&hil ... er#p122050
So unless that is fixed, you would have a hard time ripping again.

It's probably better to archive the original disc backup instead.
I'm not interested in converting from back from BDMV with TSMuxer to mkv.

The process I'm interested in is this:
- Rip retail UHD disc to mkv and store on NAS
- Keep mkv file on NAS
- Create temporary BDMV structure with TSMuxer from mkv to watch movie on Oppo player (with best DV support)
- Delete BDMV files

Question is if keeping a mkv backup is future proof. The bug I understand is converting the other way, from BDMV structure with TSMuxer to mkv again?

Thanks in advance.
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

jorgen wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm
Question is if keeping a mkv backup is future proof. The bug I understand is converting the other way, from BDMV structure with TSMuxer to mkv again?

Thanks in advance.
Yes the bug is to go back BDMV -> MKV.
Otherwise using TSMuxer should probably be fine for playback.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

So a quick question i want to ask,i use a shield,and i mostly use workflow 4-1-1
this works perfectly fine for me, i use the 1.7.7_MKV script and changed a few things
i for example convert my audio to DDP 5.1 1536kb/s
which is the way for me.
but is there a way i can remove the main dolby truehd with atmos track?
it keeps the new one and the original one in the file as you can see below, anything i can change in my settings to remove the original one? thanks!
EDIT: it also doesnt seem to keep all the subtitle tracks that are in the original file for some reason...

Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:45 am
So a quick question i want to ask,i use a shield,and i mostly use workflow 4-1-1
this works perfectly fine for me, i use the 1.7.7_MKV script and changed a few things
yes, for BD input the audio and subtitles selection is limited. I suggest you disable the muxing(line 21) and then you will be able to select all the tracks you want.
I might look into it for the next version...
jorgen wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm
The process I'm interested in is this:
- Rip retail UHD disc to mkv and store on NAS
- Keep mkv file on NAS
- Create temporary BDMV structure with TSMuxer from mkv to watch movie on Oppo player (with best DV support)
- Delete BDMV files
yes you can do that with my script (4-3). If you disable the muxing (line 21), tsmuxer will be launched at the end of the workflow. Then select BDMV folder and mux.
Hellboy.

Post by Hellboy. »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:05 pm
I was reading your "Dolby Vision Stuff". Thanks for all the information. I have some question.

1-For Blu-ray folder what you recommend, the Sony x700 or x800m2?

2-The x700m2 work the same as the x700?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

1-For Blu-ray folder what you recommend, the Sony x700 or x800m2?
both works the same so , i guess the cheaper one is better (x700)
Hellboy. wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:02 pm
2-The x800m2 work the same as the x700?
They mostly work the same but the x800m2 is better because of the 5ghz wifi and it has fewer bugs.